Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394125 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

He got a picture of that damn penguin statue though.

Also, I have to admit something - I used DFHack to clean the place up and autodump the corpses off the front doorstep.  I haven't saved yet, so if you want me to undo it, I will.  It's bumped me up from 12-13fps to 16.  If you want to know HOW I got rid of the corpses, well let's just say that the Magma Flow counts as a floor for Autodump.

So, do I leave the place cleaned up and tidied, or do you prefer the Hellhole it had become, laden with corpses with discarded clothing everywhere through the Habitation Level, animal corpses and skeletons filling the halls and demon goo and dwarf blood throughout Hell?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I vote hell hole, and should the dwarves ever repopulate....

BUILD A WALL OF cORPSES
[OR just dump loads of corpses on top of walls :P]

'Cept for the blood, I really don't mind if you clear that out or not

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

Shame you couldnt turn all the corpses into bones and build a bone wall or figure/statue. :P
Obsidianise a spot in your hell lake and build yourself a throne room/palace of bone?
 or find another spot to make a magma lake and do it their. more hell esk.

The bone halls of ThatAussieGuy Lord and master of hell.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Go with my old standby - Lock the tantrummers in the dining hall and draft the victors into your militia

Didn't even have the chance to build a dining hall (let alone any doors...) Whole place has gone to hell by now though. Runesmith can't cheer them up that effectively. They revert to their old emotional state very quickly. 3-4 more deaths now, including one poor kobold that everyone hated for some reason. She took a beating from plenty of tantrumers, and eventually got killed. R.I.P. kobold whose name we cannot pronounce.

Looks like conquering hell would have been far, far easier than trying to build a fortress over a 6 z-level aquifer. spent the whole first year getting to stone, and I paid for the missing time when invaders turned up.

I would like an image of a kobold (a "k") in orthoclase on my villa's floor please, if you ever get the chance for such petty things. :P

Pun intended?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

He got a picture of that damn penguin statue though.

Also, I have to admit something - I used DFHack to clean the place up and autodump the corpses off the front doorstep.  I haven't saved yet, so if you want me to undo it, I will.  It's bumped me up from 12-13fps to 16.  If you want to know HOW I got rid of the corpses, well let's just say that the Magma Flow counts as a floor for Autodump.

So, do I leave the place cleaned up and tidied, or do you prefer the Hellhole it had become, laden with corpses with discarded clothing everywhere through the Habitation Level, animal corpses and skeletons filling the halls and demon goo and dwarf blood throughout Hell?

Teleport everything to a single tile to be obsidianized, then save scum until that rock is made into a masterwork statue. Place in a visible location so that your dwarves constantly pass by a massive statue with charred goblin bones and half-melted armor in it. Then again I'm not sure if that would reduce FPS the same as the game might pull some shenanigans as it does and just pretend like the items still exist.

You already have demons encased in obsidian, why not do the same to all of your enemies?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've saved it as-is with the front doorstep cleaned of corpses and the FPS is averaging 17-18 now instead of 11-13. 

And now for a proper update on Helliopolis and flooring over the Glowing Pits

I still need a name for the lake.  Something dwarven and silly for preference.

And now for some close-ups of the new groups of one-room Hellvillas

Spoiler: Western Villas (click to show/hide)

Oh, and here's a pic of progress on the 'SWORDTHUNDERS' sign and the current Glowing Pit being floored over beside it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Strawberry Honey Lake?

WE REQUIRE MORE HELL INSULTS.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strawberry Honey Lake?

WE REQUIRE MORE HELL INSULTS.

Oh, I just thought of one.  The south-west Hellvillas are now the Sunshine Apartments.  The

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you dig slade? And get slade boulders? It's buggin' me.

Girlinhat and I had a discussion about this earlier, and apparently it requires getting underneath the slade to start with - so it requires a bugged world. Then you can ramp up into the slade and get boulders that way.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Girlinhat and I had a discussion about this earlier, and apparently it requires getting underneath the slade to start with - so it requires a bugged world. Then you can ramp up into the slade and get boulders that way.
Hmmm...
If I turned the floors into obsidian, channeled, then odsidianized the wall underneath, would that work to get down?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh?  I haven't been digging slade.  Closest to it would be flattening the ramps so I can smooth and engrave the floors in the Hellvillas.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

Brandywine lake? Nothing like referencing fat, complacent midgets AND alcohol when talking about a dwarven resort. Needs moar Tolkein references. Maybe you could even make a "forest" area or park by muddying some slade and putting some paths and picnic tables in it while waiting for the trees/moss to grow.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Brandywine lake? Nothing like referencing fat, complacent midgets AND alcohol when talking about a dwarven resort. Needs moar Tolkein references. Maybe you could even make a "forest" area or park by muddying some slade and putting some paths and picnic tables in it while waiting for the trees/moss to grow.

Already put in a picnic area overlooking the beach atop a cliff.  Also, it looks like nothing will grow in hell on its own.  I've got some mossy cavern floor from some mud, but considering it became muddy a good 5 game years ago, or longer, and nothing's sprouted....

And this doesn't need Tolkien.  It needs Ludicrous Dwarven Naming.  Armok's Happy-Sunshine Beach is the popular cleaning spot now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

HAPPY FOR THE HAPPY GOD!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 81