Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394164 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

HAPPY FOR THE HAPPY GOD!
JOY FOR THE JOY THRONE
And so they lived happily ever after, and nothing voilent happened.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

You should give the beach a dwarfish name like AleLaughed the Waves of Merriment
Soaplent green is goblins!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

How about Helluva Beach?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about Lake Eyre? The lowest point in Australia and the largest lake (when it is full).
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

That would be great, seeing as Australia is Down Under.

AKA Digging Deep.

AKA HELL!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

How about Lake Eyre? The lowest point in Australia and the largest lake (when it is full).

Done. 

How about Helluva Beach?

It was already named.  The beach was called "Armok's Happy-Sunshine Beach" a while ago when I filled it with water

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Build wooden "boats" attached too moorings on the lake [wooden planks connecting the dock to the boats as well as providing support]
-Could even have em flooded a bit, and have sea faring dwarves living inside the boats... Sailing in hell :D

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Build wooden "boats" attached too moorings on the lake [wooden planks connecting the dock to the boats as well as providing support]
-Could even have em flooded a bit, and have sea faring dwarves living inside the boats... Sailing in hell :D
Make a cruise ship! Have a on-board swimming pool (3 or 4 deep so your dwarfs can actually swim in it) and put floors on top of supports to serve as brightly colored umbrellas.
Soaplent green is goblins!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make a cruise ship! Have a on-board swimming pool (3 or 4 deep so your dwarfs can actually swim in it) and put floors on top of supports to serve as brightly colored umbrellas.

Not only do they work as umbrellas, but if any demons manage to show up again, they'll destroy the supports and drop the floors on their heads. It's an umbrella AND a building-destroyer trap!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No room, for one, sadly, not to mention they can swim at the beach.  The depth is 3/7 on the upper level of the water-filled area.

edit:  It's now literally impossible for Demons to get into Hell.  They've been well and truly evicted and they're never coming back.  This is a happy place!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:45:06 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So no dwarves needing a bigger boat to fend off hell carp? Aussie I am dissapoint :{

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So no dwarves needing a bigger boat to fend off hell carp? Aussie I am dissapoint :{

There aren't any carp on the map.  I've looked.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Maybe pasture war dogs in the lake until they become  8) sea dogs? :D

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No dogs, either.  A LOT of cavies and rabbits though.  They're breeding like, well... you know, too.

I think I've just about done everything possible to Hell that anyone would ever want to.  Aside from flooding it with Magma, and that's still on the to-do list when the flooring is done.  The only things I haven't done are because of the map's climate, and we all know I would've If I could've.

I think we can safely say now that I'm the King of Dwarfy Hell.  Prepare more villas for my dwarves and make ready the magma to seal them all in them!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 81