Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 400828 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Aussie, I hope you know we're just going to use the save to release more demons xD

This is why we can't have nice things.  I turn the feared Underworld into a pleasant seaside community and you all just break down the walls to let the demons back in.

So you're saying if given an infinite supply of houses made of precariously stacked cards, you would not think about toppling at least a few hundred? :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Well, let's kick off the penultimate update before I do some very final things to the place

First off, I upgraded the channel used to fill Lake Eyrie

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This was used to fill in that valley in the south-east corner to make...

And of course, the SWORDTHUNDERS sign has finally been completed

Spoiler:  SWORDTHUNDERS (click to show/hide)

Finally, the savegame so you can all have fun with the finished town and seventeen living dwarves.  All that's really left to do is engrave everything, but the dwarves are already doing that.
Swordthunders/Hellopolis, safe and happy in Hell

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I don't think you'll be getting any sea monsters of whales any time soon, but vermin sized fish definitely ;]

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Now do it without obsidian!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Suggestion: Find Cinnabar. Make a giant & outlined in that right next to the swordsdwarf right below the Adamant SWORDTHUNDERS. Any color & would be fine but violet may make it look better  :D (now are there any violet colored rocks?)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm filling Hellopolis with magma.  Tiruin, you valiantly let yourself get melted in the name of digging open a spire into the magma sea

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Well, I'm filling Hellopolis with magma.  Tiruin, you valiantly let yourself get melted in the name of digging open a spire into the magma sea

Yes! Earned my title  :D

Did I melt slowly or just disappear in the magma?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes! Earned my title  :D

Did I melt slowly or just disappear in the magma?

I only saw the announcement - bled to death.  I'd say you died slowly with melting bits

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  SWORDTHUNDERS (click to show/hide)

ThatAussieGuy has engraved a masterpiece!

"On the floor is the word Swordthunders and a dwarf in adamantine. The dwarf is striking a menacing pose."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Very good! I think ill open up the save again tonight and flood the fortress, just for fun :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very good! I think ill open up the save again tonight and flood the fortress, just for fun :P

Wasn't one pull of the Suicide Lever enough for you?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Needs more Faillever.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

I declare !!WIN!!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What obsidian?  I mined out an entire level of Gabbro and used that to build everything.

Needs more Faillever.

If you really want to try it, the Lever of Final Resort is on the level above F1

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

What obsidian?  I mined out an entire level of Gabbro and used that to build everything.

Krrhm... Do you happen to remember the mechanics of your invention? You know, the thing that killed the clown car? As I recall, it involved some obsidian.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 81