Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 394203 times)

anumari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1065 on: November 18, 2011, 08:55:06 pm »

i would like to be dwarfed for the rewind, also you should build this http://imgur.com/nqfS9

also i have read every post, i started last night....

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)
« Reply #1066 on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:55 pm »

i would like to be dwarfed for the rewind, also you should build this http://imgur.com/nqfS9

also i have read every post, i started last night....
Unfortunately, blood is not a liquid. It is more of a... paint? However, the best substitute would be...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 18, 2011, 09:05:36 pm »

Muahahaha! I managed to survive the longest, for once.

I was hoping I'd get to pull the lever anyway, though.

Who the hell could my dorf been trying to conduct meetings with? A liaison? Ghosts wouldn't normally be able to have meetings with the mayor.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 18, 2011, 09:08:47 pm »

Who the hell could my dorf been trying to conduct meetings with? A liaison? Ghosts wouldn't normally be able to have meetings with the mayor.
"Mayor... we would like to file a complaint"

anumari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 18, 2011, 09:13:40 pm »

Unfortunately, blood is not a liquid. It is more of a... paint? However, the best substitute would be...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this should be fixed. but magma painted with blood would work just as well.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:16 pm »

The liason kept trying to meet with Eric while he was shambling around the fortress on the stumps of his arms

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 18, 2011, 11:26:33 pm »

The liason kept trying to meet with Eric while he was shambling around the fortress on the stumps of his arms

We need this drawn.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1072 on: November 19, 2011, 12:19:05 am »

This is an awesome thread, I should know, I just finished reading it from start to finish in only a couple hours.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 19, 2011, 12:32:27 am »

We need this drawn.
GOD DAMN IT SCANNER

Y U ZOOM IN x35?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 19, 2011, 01:22:25 am »

I've just grabbed the appropriate savegame (Just after I'd completed Hellopolis), so I'll fire it up later tonight and start figuring out how to start pumping red-hot molten !!Fun!! into Hell.

edit:  Here's the world of Swordthunders post-fortress collapse

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5192
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:31:20 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 19, 2011, 05:05:46 am »

Requesting re-dwarfin!! Glad to die at one of the most visited places in the fort, or did the ghost-manager order a job "Kill nearest Dwarf" to be done?

Anyway, the fact that we did not die to magma, nor to the horrid demons, nor to pathetic goblins or cave-ins or supply shortage stands. We died because of ourselves, our dead came back to haunt us...

From Hell.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1076 on: November 19, 2011, 08:18:00 am »

Does this seem anti climatic to anyone? :[

UristMcFan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 19, 2011, 10:30:55 am »

I think once you've beaten colonised hell, the game doesn't have much left to throw at you. Also serial killer ghosts are quite cool.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1078 on: November 19, 2011, 11:57:23 am »

It would have been less anticlimatic is some darn migrants came. As it is the happy town in the save split would slowly become a place only inhabited by ghosts instead of just partially. If new dwarves arrived thought then hell could truly become a thriving place full of life.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 19, 2011, 12:53:31 pm »

I think once you've beaten colonised hell, the game doesn't have much left to throw at you. Also serial killer ghosts are quite cool.

It can still throw stuff at you. It threw the no-migrants trap at Aussie, leaving him with a steadily-diminishing population.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 81