Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gamepad Axes problem  (Read 3458 times)

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
Gamepad Axes problem
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:50:24 pm »

Hello dwarves. I've recently installed FIFA 12, I played a few matches and then tried in the arena to learn a few tricks. I couldn't do even one of them correctly. It was then when I realized that my right stick axes are not working properly. When I use the left-right axis, the game actually thinks I'm using the up-down one, and viceversa. I have a PSOne gamepad connected to my pc through a USB adapter. I remember having a similar problem with FIFA 10 or 11 but I can't remember nor find how to solve it. Is there a registry key to change the axes? Or anything else?

Thanks!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Gamepad Axes problem
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 03:57:41 pm »

You might want to hunt for a PS1 Controller Profiler application that will let you set the orientations. Additionally, try looking under your hardware manager for the device and checking its properties through that, you might be able to adjust them there. No guarantees though, with a PS1 controller.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:12:00 pm »

This fixed it.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 11:42:09 pm »

Yeah, that needs some explanation actually.
I downloaded that torrent, unzipped it on the Game folder (inside FIFA 12), then used the configurator inside the Gamepad folder (fifaconfig.exe) which is the configurator for FIFA 11. After I got all the buttons and axes set up, I closed the config and copied the buttonDataSetup.ini from the FIFA 11 folder in my documents to the game folder in FIFA 12 (in Program Files or whenever you have it installed). Then I renamed it to buttonData.ini and voilą

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 06:25:49 am »

Props to actually giving us the details on how you fixed it. Assuming someone had this same problem, I can imagine the rage they otherwise would have had if you'd only said "Fix'd".
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 08:01:47 am »

Somehow being on this forum has locked out my brain from understanding "Axes" in the "plural of Axis" sense, even with "Gamepad" being there to help. Now I keep imagining battleaxe gamepads.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India