Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Nuzlocke Emerald. I'm on a Boat!

(1/32) > >>

Galick:

Let's get started then.

Welcome to me Let's Playing Pokemon Emerald!  I'll be doing a Nuzlocke run, and I'll include the rules at the bottom of this post for those of you unfamiliar with this.

Before we get started properly, however, I need some input from you guys.

Are we a boy?

A girl?

Our name?

And what starter would you guys like to see?  And we need a name for the little guy/girl too.

What is a Nuzlocke?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

Read that for your challenge needs.  Just know that I am a BIT more lax in this than most for fun purposes.  Mainly, I won't restrict myself to items only healing or only pokemon center healing.  I will NOT overlevel to any extent unless you call getting a new teamate up to the group par over-levelling, and I fully intend on following the rules regarding catching.  However, I will include one thing for myself:  I count in-water and on-land routes as two different things.  That means I have up to two pokemon I can catch per route but no more.  That rule mainly exists because I have a few water pokemon I enjoy using.

Da Rules
1.  I shall catch no more than two pokemon per route - one from the land, one from water.  If either shall faint or flee, then I shall move on with no new pokemon.
2.  Death shall be permanent.  It doesn't matter if it's a shiny or my starter, I shall not revive them.  It shall go into the Box labelled "Graveyard".
3.  The first pokemon I see is the first I shall obtain.  However, I shall not double-stack pokemon.  Meaning, if I find a zigzagoon in the first route and a zigzagoon in the second, I am not obligated to catch that as my first pokemon.  I want this to be interesting and a team full of every-day mons would be boring for all.
4.  I shall not take use of an HM bitch.  I shall spread the HMs around my active party and use them as needed.  If I reach a point where I need to use an HM that none of my pokemon - including those in the legitimate box can take, I lose.
5.  No splerging rare candies or in-battle stat up items.  I am free to use the stat boosters if I FIND them.  No purchasing those is allowed.
6.  No breeding.
7.  If I obtain an egg and it hatches, I am to count the pokemon I get from said egg as the pokemon for that route.
8.  Battle Style = Set.

Suggest any rules you guys want, vote on stuff, and I'll work it in.

Votes
Treeko - 2
Torchic - 3  Chosen
Mudkip - 1

(counting Thexor's vote as for Treeko as I flipped a coin.  Let me know if you wanna change it - though, Torchic is kinda overdone.  Remember, don't vote for convenience vote for what you wanna see.)

Male - 0

Possible Rules
No Pokemon Centers - Only items.  Possible, but not likely to happen for my first Nuzlocke run.  If enough people show support for it, I suppose it'll happen though.

Table of Contents
Part 1.  Beginning
Part 2.  First Battle
Part 3.  Zigzagoon Caught!
Part 4.  I AM A LUCKY AND INCREDIBLY HAPPY BASTARD.
Part 5.  Confusion Get!
Part 6.  Let's meet with Dad!
Part 7.  Camping Fun!
Part 8.  Aqua?  School!?  Whishmur?!!
Part 9.  Training for the Future.
Part 10.  Training and Victory.
Part 11.  Evolution.
Part 12.  A meeting at Devon
Part 13.  I'm on a Boat

Possible Names
Poochyena:  Rover or Maggie.

Thexor:
I'm always interested in a good Nuzlocke run. (Assuming it doesn't die from lack of attention!)

If we're going to be capturing lots of water-types anyways (thanks to the water-route rule), then we might as well get the Grass or Fire starter. No point over-specializing, right?  ;)

RoryTehNoob:
I'll throw in my vote for Torchic. Fire/Fighting makes it good overall, but a lot of grinding is required for the first gym.

-Edit: Vote for girl. And as for items only, you will run out of PP really quick, and you can't get PP restore items in stores (I don't think) so that might pose a problem.

Burnt Pies:
Female, named Alison.

And I vote Torchic, too.

Heron TSG:
Mudkip!

Though I highly recommend an items-only run. You can use potions, but Pokemon Centers are forbidden. It's a great way to make you conserve money whenever you can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version