Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I lost one...  (Read 16946 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: I lost one...
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 05:25:46 pm »

*Looks at the pile of goblin corpses i ordered to be thrown off the mountainside*

Dear Armok...

What have i done...

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 05:35:09 pm »

You have become DWARF.

Armok is pleased.  Your offerings of GOBLIN must continue.  Blood for the Blood God! ‼BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD‼
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »

But they're still never coming back to your fortress.

Except possibly as the leader of a squadron of gobbos, right?

Unfortunately, the dwarven child disappears from history,as well as the goblin that snatched it. I imagine that this is dwarf fortress's way of saying...

No one Escapes from the Dwarfs
I believe magma is the proper term.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 06:17:27 pm »

You have become DWARF.

Armok is pleased.  Your offerings of GOBLIN must continue.  Blood for the Blood God! ‼BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD‼
*Cue dramatic music*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6A8iF3BdJw

But at what cost....

All I ever wanted was to create a nice home for my dwarves, a sanctuary from the terrors below, and the horrors abroad. I was even in the process of creating a huge deathmaze to ensure their safety. But now, I don't know if I can continue its construction...

In my attempts to protect them, I realize I have been doing nothing but keeping them imprisoned. And for what? The mountainhomes? The King? Armok!?
Armok be damned! No longer will I participate in this madness for his amusement! I shall be his slave no more!

No, no...the maze has already been started, I can't back out of it now....but no longer will it be an endeavor of glory, and pride. But one of mourning, and sorrow. And from this day forth, all worthy opponents shall be honored with a slab.

Heh, and as for the King...the one who sends these dwarves to their deaths for his own gain, I hope he comes. I hope he is able to witness the monstrosity created in his name! He shall be put on full-time corpse hauling duty, and he alone shall carry the rotting dead from the ground on which they lie.

As for me, my punishment shall come from knowing that every goblin slayed, is fighting for a better cause than I, as a leader of dwarves, could ever hope for.

Unto my dwarves, prosperity.

Unto my god, destruction.

And unto myself, retribution.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:57:55 am by King DZA »

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 06:44:20 pm »

I don't know why but this thread made me imagine a goblin version of boss knight saying : "BOSS! I'M ALL ABOUT SAVING -DWARVEN BABIES-! SO TAKING THESE!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »

You have become DWARF.

*Cue dramatic music*
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiSiRAZRCVA

But at what cost....

All i ever wanted was to create a nice home for my dwarves, a sanctuary from the terrors below, and the horrors abroad. I was even in the process of creating a huge deathmaze to ensure their safety. But now, i don't know if i can continue its construction...

In my attempts to protect them, i realize i have been doing nothing but keeping them imprisoned. And for what? the mountainhomes? the king? Armok!?
Armok be damned! No longer will i participate in this madness for his amusement! I shall be his slave no more!

No, no...The maze has already been started, i can't back out of it now....But no longer will it be an endeavor of glory, and pride. But one of mourning, and sorrow. And from this day forth, all worthy opponents shall be honored with a slab.

Heh, And as for the king...The one who sends these dwarves to their deaths for his own gain, i hope he comes. I hope he is able to witness the Monstrosity created in his name! He shall be put of full-time corpse hauling duty, and he alone shall carry the rotting dead from the ground on which they lie.

As for me, my punishment shall come from knowing that every goblin slayed, is fighting for a better cause than i, as a leader of dwarves, could ever hope for.

Unto my god, Destruction.

Epic.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 10:32:26 pm »

You have become DWARF.

*Cue dramatic music*

But at what cost....

All i ever wanted was to create a nice home for my dwarves, a sanctuary from the terrors below, and the horrors abroad. I was even in the process of creating a huge deathmaze to ensure their safety. But now, i don't know if i can continue its construction...

In my attempts to protect them, i realize i have been doing nothing but keeping them imprisoned. And for what? the mountainhomes? the king? Armok!?
Armok be damned! No longer will i participate in this madness for his amusement! I shall be his slave no more!

No, no...The maze has already been started, i can't back out of it now....But no longer will it be an endeavor of glory, and pride. But one of mourning, and sorrow. And from this day forth, all worthy opponents shall be honored with a slab.

Heh, And as for the king...The one who sends these dwarves to their deaths for his own gain, i hope he comes. I hope he is able to witness the Monstrosity created in his name! He shall be put of full-time corpse hauling duty, and he alone shall carry the rotting dead from the ground on which they lie.

As for me, my punishment shall come from knowing that every goblin slayed, is fighting for a better cause than i, as a leader of dwarves, could ever hope for.

true. very true. (BTW Music goes with what you're saying.)
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 10:36:44 pm »

You have become DWARF.

*Cue dramatic music*

But at what cost....

So awesome. Sigged.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »

I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 05:50:07 am »

This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 07:51:09 am »

...have corrupt governments...

The upside being revolutions (of sort) are an everyday thing in dwarven fortresses.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 09:54:25 am »

But they're still never coming back to your fortress.

Except possibly as the leader of a squadron of gobbos, right?

Unfortunately, the dwarven child disappears from history,as well as the goblin that snatched it. I imagine that this is dwarf fortress's way of saying...

No one Escapes from the Dwarfs

Actually if I recall, you can find the child in the Legends screen and sometimes they can actually go off and do things. I think. I seem to remember a LP of some child being kidnapped in Fortress mode and then found in Adventurer mode.

I may be imagining it all. I tend to do that with DF a lot.

I believe it is currently bugged so any visiters to your fort are deleted when they leave which is why you get a new liaison every time.
You can meet snatched children created in world gen, but not fort mode.
I read a post about a clown king leading a goblin siege, fleeing, and never being able to return due to this bug.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 10:29:24 am »

I read a post about a clown king leading a goblin siege, fleeing, and never being able to return due to this bug.
I've been playing too much SS13. I pictured a U charging into battle with his shoes honking, and his throat releasing a battlehonk. Did I mention he is a legendary banananana lasher?

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:47 am »

I once pulled an admins clown mask off....
Bad idea

What if the clown did not have a throat? did you think about that?
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 03:17:27 am »

Can't say 'bout all this. All I can say is, that I sense a heightened level of elven subversion in this thread. I'm not tellin' names, it's all too obvious already.
Your admittedly bad attempts at propanganda are clearly to fail because everybody can see that dwarven settlers - peaceful settlers I might add - who are under constant pressure and threat (we're even unable to cut some decent wooden clogs without upsetting some tree dwellers) will have been put a minor strain on their senses. As it would with anybody else.
Who are you to make these allegations? It's not that elves would stumble across the gates of hell while shining out their habitat, yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3