Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battle Babies  (Read 3227 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Babies
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:17 am »

Now, if only we had a way to mod a Crossbow to shoot babies.

Couldn't we mod crossbow to use corpses as ammo? Or mod a new ranged that use a new type of ammo made of babies corpses?

Dear god my first modding project is going to be The CORPSE CANNON!

Why not give Cats an ammo tag?  THAT should make their overpopulation useful "Urist McMarksdwarf is out of ammo" "Urist McMarksdwarf fired Cat at Goblin Target".
Why would you use a crossbow? Just throw the cat and it would tear out the Goblins Liver and become stuck in the wound

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 10:28:24 am »

Now, if only we had a way to mod a Crossbow to shoot babies.

Couldn't we mod crossbow to use corpses as ammo? Or mod a new ranged that use a new type of ammo made of babies corpses?

Dear god my first modding project is going to be The CORPSE CANNON!

Why not give Cats an ammo tag?  THAT should make their overpopulation useful "Urist McMarksdwarf is out of ammo" "Urist McMarksdwarf fired Cat at Goblin Target".
Why would you use a crossbow? Just throw the cat and it would tear out the Goblins Liver and become stuck in the wound

Throwing is for peasants, now crossbows are for the more sophisticated Dwarf.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 10:49:07 am »

Doesn't ammo always get destroyed if it hits its target? That might negate the effectiveness of babies as ammo. Especially if you give your marksdwarves training targets.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 10:54:46 am »

Doesn't ammo always get destroyed if it hits its target? That might negate the effectiveness of babies as ammo. Especially if you give your marksdwarves training targets.

You could mod in a training baby ammo. It would require bones and leather to make.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »

You could mod in a training baby ammo. It would require bones and leather to make.
Um, I don't know what version of the Game you're playing, but if the ammo hits the target, it doesn't get destroyed.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 06:44:48 pm »

Um, I don't know what version of the Game you're playing, but if the ammo hits the target, it doesn't get destroyed.

Ah. I was reading an old thread about adamantine farming using doors, pits, and goblins to preserve and separate adamantine bolts into stacks of 1 for melting, and in that thread, people were noting that ammo that hits a training target was always destroyed, which is why goblins + doors was necessary.

Must have changed in the interim, if it's no longer destroyed when it hits a target. Does it teleport back into their quivers during training? I don't see non-broken bolts lying on the floor around the training targets.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »

By the way.. the name of this thread sounds like a title for one of these battle games such as MyBrute an Mini Troopers.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 07:11:51 pm »

Ah. I was reading an old thread about adamantine farming using doors, pits, and goblins to preserve and separate adamantine bolts into stacks of 1 for melting, and in that thread, people were noting that ammo that hits a training target was always destroyed, which is why goblins + doors was necessary.

Must have changed in the interim, if it's no longer destroyed when it hits a target. Does it teleport back into their quivers during training? I don't see non-broken bolts lying on the floor around the training targets.

Ammo which hits a training target is always destroyed.  This has not changed.

Ammo which hits a live target and sticks in is not destroyed.  It's destroyed if it doesn't get stuck in, or if it misses and doesn't fall a Z-level.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 10:32:49 am »

O_o A serious thread about using babies as ammunition. It can not be unseen
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 10:45:31 am »

O_o A serious thread about using babies as ammunition. It can not be unseen

Welcome to Bay12!  :P
Pages: 1 [2]