Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD Chapter I:The School,Turn 4:Epic Fail  (Read 14342 times)

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD Chapter I:The School,Turn 2
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 09:22:36 am »

Chapter I:The School,Turn 2

Thrakor

Dammit, what now?  Another interruption on the quest for power...

Head to the school to investigate the lightning.
You head back to the school,probably whatever was in the horizon is not important.
When you half-way to the school,[6] an orc appears.He's pretty angry.
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Conchobar&Frelock

Frelock sighs.  Typical Conchobar, just going off the wall at the first thing that even looks a bit hostile.  Goblins were people too, though this one would now probably be much less inclined to be friendly to a "hail and well met."  Still, guess there was nothing for it now.  Perhaps if he could knock it out before Conchobar got there...

Cast light ray on the goblin.
Instead of charging forward like Conchobar,you concentrate and try to cast a light ray on the goblin.
[6]You lose concentration for a moment,and the spells goes out of control consuming a lot of mana[-50 mana],but [Damage1+2=3] you manage to hurt the goblin quite badly.
Conchobar reacts quickly to the threat, cursing it as he charges towards it, raising his sword high.
"Hah! It looks as if our training has gotten a lot more interesting!" Conchobar shouts with grim amusement.

You charge towards the goblin and [5] slash him with your sword in the chest,and the goblin,[1]instead of trying to dodge,trips and FALLS ON TOP OF YOUR SWORD.[Damage:2+1+Critical Hit=6]The goblin dies
Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Erik

Huh, that was loud. Someone's probably trying to control lightning again. Either that or something bad happened and I'm going to be sent off to war early .. No! I must not think such horrible thoughts. Where did that even come from?

I wonder if I can teach the alchemy teacher not to use all the sugar by getting him to eat salt donuts. Now I want real donuts even more.

"Conveniently forget" that salt is not sugar and resume making a dozen donuts. The "glaze" will be flour based.
What was that?-says the cook
Don't worry,it's probably not important-you tell him as you cook you "special" donuts using magic.
KABOOM
Now you are sure something HIT the building.
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Ryn&GezGez

Ryn-a light skinned, brown haired girl wearing a small pair of glasses and a multicolored robe-drew her small short sword upon seeing the lightning. She sighed. At least GezGez was here-it seemed they we're always 'running into each other' when they we're out in the forests. She suspected either he was following her, or she was following him, but both of them doing so subconciously. Yes!

She took him by the arm and spoke to him softly.

"Let's head back, Gez. Somethings gone wrong with the school...again...

I hope no one summoned the caramel pudding elemental again."

She remembered. So much stickiness! The horror!

Then she heard a rustling in the bushes.

Action: Cast Light Ray into the bushes!

You concetrate and try to cast a low heat,high luminosity light ray[3],and altought it still has some destructive strenght, it is weaker than a normal one.
The[1]Goblin that was inside the bush is[Damage:2-1=1][-10 mana]hurt a little.
"Ok Ryn, let's go - hey what was that?"

Action: Prepare to Cast Fire Ball in case Ryn spots something bad or we are attacked by the rustling sound!

You were prepared to shoot a fireball,and you cast the spell when you see the goblin[3]You lose concetration for a moment,but you recover and lauch a fireball at him.[Damage:3-1=2][-10 mana]This time the goblin is hurt some more.
Goblin

The goblin,[3],altought a little confused by the spell ,tries to attack Erik with his sword,but he [4+1=5]dodges the attack
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Uriel Ultim

Uriel wondrs what the heck just happened and went to the balcony to take a look.
You go to the balcony and[1] the winged shadow turned out to be Kalissar,one of the battle mage teachers mounting his small dragon.
-We have a problem Uriel,the school is under attack! I need you to... [4]he gets interrupted by pteranodon-mounted goblin.
-Don't worry, I can take care of him.Go to help the other students-He tells you.
Spoiler: Ultimuh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 09:26:16 am »

"Best to smite the little bugger before he can escape!"

Action: Apply sword to Goblin!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 10:08:15 am »

It's just an orc, right?

"Man, that is one ugly orc.  Ugly even for an orc, that is."

BLACK LIGHTNING!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 10:12:11 am »

Uriel stood there, looking at the mounted goblin, he did hear what Kalissar said, but rather than doing what was told, he swiftly cast Weakening Curse upon the pterodactyl and started to prepare for casting Black Lightning
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:31:59 pm by Ultimuh »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 11:41:03 am »

Conchobar let out a chuckle at the humiliating death of the goblin, then headed to the east, back to the school.
Chances are the school is going to need all the help it can get, let's get going.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 01:26:43 pm »

Cast Fireball if the goblin survives Ryn's sword of fury.

ps what does meditate do?

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 02:02:21 pm »

It's just an orc, right?
No,the angry status gives him +5 HP(Normal orcs have 10 HP)
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »

Recover mana.

"Well then, we're probably under attack, but I don't like the lack of alarm spells. I'll go see what's wrong."

After leaving the cook to his irresponsible loitering, I stealthily go to see what's going on, heading towards the younger student living areas.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 03:34:02 pm »

Frelock nods in agreement, looking down with sadness at the defeated goblin.  "Poor guy didn't have a chance to say a word," he thought to himself.  "I wonder what his name was..."  Then he turned, and followed his darker counterpart back to the school.

Follow Conchobar back to the school, and investigate the strange goings-on.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »

Well, let's hope he's standing in a puddle, then... assuming black lightning is electrical in nature.  If not, whatever.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 04:38:19 am »

Thrakor
It's just an orc, right?

"Man, that is one ugly orc.  Ugly even for an orc, that is."

BLACK LIGHTNING!
You [4]succesfully cast black lighting on the orc, and you [Damage:4] hurt him.
The orc, angry as hell that you tried to fry him with a lighting [6] tries to cut your head off and [1] your pathetic attempt to dodge only makes things easier.[Damage 5+Critical hit+Critical hit=20]. He succeds on doing it.
Thrakor has been struck down
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Conchobar&Frelock

Conchobar let out a chuckle at the humiliating death of the goblin, then headed to the east, back to the school.
Chances are the school is going to need all the help it can get, let's get going.
Frelock nods in agreement, looking down with sadness at the defeated goblin.  "Poor guy didn't have a chance to say a word," he thought to himself.  "I wonder what his name was..."  Then he turned, and followed his darker counterpart back to the school.

Follow Conchobar back to the school, and investigate the strange goings-on.
[Secret Roll]You go back to the school, and when you arrive, you see what's the cause of the attack.
There's an orc warboss with some more orcs at the doors of the school, and there are 2 teachers fighting them.

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Erik
Recover mana.

"Well then, we're probably under attack, but I don't like the lack of alarm spells. I'll go see what's wrong."

After leaving the cook to his irresponsible loitering, I stealthily go to see what's going on, heading towards the younger student living areas.
You go to the students living areas, and you find 3 students that are terrified.
The green things...!! They are fighting..!! The teachers...at the doors!!

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Ryn&GezGez
"Best to smite the little bugger before he can escape!"

Action: Apply sword to Goblin!
You [4] slash your sword at the goblin and he [3] tries to dodge your attack, but you [Damage=3-1=2]
kill him

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Uriel Ultim
Uriel stood there, looking at the mounted goblin, he did hear what Kalissar said, but rather than doing what was told, he swiftly cast Weakening Curse upon the pterodactyl and started to prepare for casting Black Lightning
You cast Weakening curse on the pteranodon,[3]but you lose concentration for a moment and the curse is very slow, so the peteranodon tries to dodge it[2] but he fails to do it.
Pteranodon-mounted Goblin
Between choosing to attack a weak mage or a battle mage mounted on a dragon,[1]the goblin decides not to attack you ,[6-1=5] and tries to land a hit on Kalissar,[3] [Damage:5-2=3] [Armour Saves=1,1,1,] and he hurts him with his spear.

Kalissar
Kalissar casts Icicle on the goblin, however being injured, he loses control and a GIGANTIC icicle is launched at the pteranodon[Damage:4+2=6]
Spoiler: Ultimuh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 05:43:12 am »

Ryn chirped cutely as the Goblins head went sailing off into the horizon. She seemed a bit surprised at her own strength.

"Eep!

These things are sharp, Gez. Who knew?"

She flicked the black blood off her sword and stalked forward.

"Hurry up-let's see the state the school is in. We should probably be quiet though.

In truth-and, this is just speaking hypothetically-two young mages who enjoy each others company, who were thought to have perished when their school was attacked, could-in theory-take on entirely new identities, and use their magic for whatever they wanted to. Just, to put the idea out there."

She smiled and grabbed gezgez by the arm-he looked a bit stunned-and began pulling him along.

Action: Sneak up to the school and see whats happening
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 06:36:23 am »

After telling the students to keep the heads down and hide, I summon an illusory water golem behind the green things to help the teachers. It'll have my face so the teachers know it's not an enemy.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 07:44:57 am »

"You... you enjoy my company too?!?"

Action: Follow Ryn sneakily whilst looking a bit stunned. Prepare Fireball for casting.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 10:59:26 am »

Conchobar does not value his chances against the warboss, so he stays at a distance for the moment and casts Summon Skeleton.

(Uhhh, exactly how much more is "Some more"?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6