Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: capybaras are scary  (Read 13864 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: capybaras are scary
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 11:26:23 am »

Don't fuck with giant capybaras. BADGERS D:

Badgers are pussies.

Gotta agree with this.

Normal badgers will get their asses handed to them by just about anything, only when fucking huge do they pose a threat.

Capybaras, on the other hand, will give you hell no matter what size they are.

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 12:24:15 pm »

*blink blink* Am I missing something? I'm in a clam environment so I just handed some dwarves crossbows and told them to go hunt. I've not had any trouble with the taking down Capybaras left, right and centre....
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 12:59:57 pm »

*blink blink* Am I missing something? I'm in a clam environment so I just handed some dwarves crossbows and told them to go hunt. I've not had any trouble with the taking down Capybaras left, right and centre....

They're not much of a threat to hunter most of the time. It's the fact that they're aggressive, and like to fuck with just about everything that walks past them, that makes them a problem

Once, when i was starting a fortress, one of the bastards killed my hunter's dog, and sent her into some sort of chronic depression. For a while, i had to make sure absolutely nothing bad happened to her, so that she didn't decide to take it out her unarmed comrades.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 01:00:48 pm »

The hunters are all physcally perfect, legendary marksdwarves, fighters and dodgers, clad in artifact adamantine equipment, wielding masterwork platinum crossbows and firing slade bolts.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 02:25:46 pm »

The hunters are all physcally perfect, legendary marksdwarves, fighters and dodgers, clad in artifact adamantine equipment, wielding masterwork platinum crossbows and firing slade bolts.

>slade bolts

Yeah, no.

On the subject of badgers: I refuse to be scared of anything that doesn't even reach my knee and that I'm pretty sure I could kick to death.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:27:24 pm by Mister Always »
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 02:51:29 pm »

Imagine undead ones then.

One of my forts was wiped out by an undead one.
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 02:54:02 pm »

Stomp on its head! Problem solved.

Or, shit, punt its legs off. Get a rock and drop it on its dumb stupid face. Whatever,man.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 02:47:03 am »

Don't fuck with giant capybaras. BADGERS D:

Badgers are pussies.

Gotta agree with this.

Normal badgers will get their asses handed to them by just about anything, only when fucking huge do they pose a threat.

The clue is in GIANT badgers.
I make bone bolts out of capybaras and badgers.... But yeah if it's giant you're better off just leaving them alone.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 04:37:51 am »

Gotta agree with this.

No, regular capybara are just hulk-hamsters and are no danger at all. Giant capybara is where they start being dangerous because then, and only then, can they chomp limbs.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 11:58:41 am »

Gotta agree with this.

No, regular capybara are just hulk-hamsters and are no danger at all. Giant capybara is where they start being dangerous because then, and only then, can they chomp limbs.

Capybaras and Badgers can all get lucky.

VERY, VERY lucky.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 12:07:46 pm »

Oh certainly. But so can anything. My brother's lost Dwarfs to rampaging muskoxen and I've lost Dwarfs dodging asshole-wildlife anger by hiding at the bottom of a murky pool.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 12:44:39 pm »

Oh certainly. But so can anything. My brother's lost Dwarfs to rampaging muskoxen and I've lost Dwarfs dodging asshole-wildlife anger by hiding at the bottom of a murky pool.

I once saw a muskox kill an armored soldier in Adventure. It got a name, and became the enemy of the civ.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 03:04:31 pm »

I once had a wild yak kick a dwarf into my volcano. The git.

And aforementioned muskox too. Critter was edging its way inside my fort and I didn'r want it there because of the large amount of Dwarfs who could've easily been crushed by a rampaging muskox. So I sent my MCap at it. He was pretty promising. (liked bronze and two handed swords!) He punched and slapped it out of my fortress, I cancelled the kill order, he continued, the muskox then decided to turn the tables and kicked his bone helm-protected head in.

I then tried to avenge him with my crossbow captain but he'd sauntered off the map by then.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 05:27:30 pm »

Spoiler: just got this: (click to show/hide)

The cow's currently laying in my pasture, and if cows could cry it probably would be.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 06:39:11 am »

Do not fu*k with capybaras.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4