Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: capybaras are scary  (Read 13853 times)

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
Re: capybaras are scary
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2011, 07:33:43 am »

Most trouble I had from a capybara was when one dragged a plant gatherer into a river.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:24 am »

Most trouble I had from a capybara was when one dragged a plant gatherer into a river.

Oh god... They're like amphibian carp!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2011, 11:29:57 am »

Oh god... They're like amphibian carp!

TOADY! YOU /MUST/ ADD LAND CARP :D

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 12:42:58 pm »

THEN MAGMA LAND CARP

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2011, 12:52:12 pm »

Carpybaras
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 03:34:46 pm »

THEN MAGMA LAND CARP

MADE OUT OF ADAMANTINE.... AND MAGMA

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 05:58:11 am »

THEN MAGMA LAND CARP

MADE OUT OF ADAMANTINE.... AND MAGMA

Adamantine body, slade eyes and they vomit magma.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 01:20:25 am »

my fortress is literally surrounded on a daily bases and non of my dwarfs have been killed by them the capybaras usually run away even sliced ones ear off but recently a trader caravan left but not before kill 2 capybaras and 2 attacked 2 of my dwarfs then 3 other dwarfs joined in they straggled one to death and punched the other in the skull to death       
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2017, 12:52:20 pm »

That makes me hope that when economy and diplomacy get arcs of their own, we see land rights like hunting and logging become a thing that can be bought. That way if you don't say "you can hunt on my land" anyone who goes out of their way to kill wildlife gets called a criminal and has to face justice.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2017, 07:54:13 pm »

I'd really like that too.  At the moment, if you have a popular tavern, say goodbye to hunting.  Every time someone leaves the pub, they decimate the wildlife.

And I particularly like this necro because capybaras killed something like 5 of my dwarfs in my first fortress.  My second fortress was attacked by a werecapybara.  My wife and I laugh every time we hear about capybaras (which are surprisingly popular in Japanese zoos).  How can they have such dangerous animals in their zoo!!!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2017, 06:44:24 pm »

The capybara killed your archer because of the power of cubed poop. Not joking. Their poop are cubes.

... Wait that's wombats.

Close enough.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:53:27 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »

The capybara killed your archer because of the power of cubed poop. Not joking. Their poop are cubes.

... Wait that's wombats.

Close enough.

Nope. When your truck hits a wombat, your truck no longer functions, and the wombat shrugs and walks off. If you do the same to the capybara, I swear the capybara won't be the one to win the argument. Wombats are incredible, and I have seen several very final accidents to prove it. If you're ever in Oz near a "wombat crossing" sign, drive sodding carefully, it's a road hazard warning, not a "be nice to the wildlife" warning. They don't call them diff-crackers for nothing....
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]