Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: You are all monsters.  (Read 71115 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: You are all monsters.
« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2011, 03:54:10 pm »

For some reason I'm picturing seven dwarfers with various skillsets wheeling a cart laden with supplies out to a place in the middle of nowhere they were told has clay, shallow and deep metals and an underground river and starting to dig...

Soon after:

'The Mechanized titan Delta Force has arrived! An armored vehicle, filled with heavily armed soldiers! It has a heavy machine gun and advances quickly. Beware it's 20 mm cannon!'
I'll top that!

The Atomic Bomb Fat Man has arrived! A great round metal ball. It is filled with atomic energy and a device that can split the atoms. Beware its deadly radiation!

But seriously, can we go until New Year's Day 2013 without posting about butchering puppies, killing nobles, and drowning migrants?????

And especially, STOP POSTING ABOUT HEARTLESSLY MURDERING AND BUTCHERING BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Babies, both in DF and in the real world, are as equal as an adult. Take this: Would you like it if you had a kid and some stranger murdered and butchered him/her? And it's just because he said he/she "was a useless part of life and deserved to die". Would you like that?

I SWEAR TO ARMOK that I'm going to ask Toady to make babies/children impervious to ANYTHING POSSIBLE IN THE GAME until they reach adulthood.

OR, to ban you monsters from posting EVER AGAIN.

Does any of the above sound reasonable?

Chill, you take this too seriously..

Are you by any chance related to this guy?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2011, 03:59:17 pm »

Babies, both in DF and in the real world, are as equal as an adult. Take this: Would you like it if you had a kid and some stranger murdered and butchered him/her? And it's just because he said he/she "was a useless part of life and deserved to die". Would you like that?

I SWEAR TO ARMOK that I'm going to ask Toady to make babies/children impervious to ANYTHING POSSIBLE IN THE GAME until they reach adulthood.

1. Babies are not self-aware beings, and are therefor not the same as an adult. On the topic of strangers murdering kids... let's just say I'm pro-population control.

2. Then the game would be ruined. We'd just have children wander the caverns to scout for us, then after that, wander the magma sea, then wander the circus. We would also use them as meatshields still.

3. Good job, banning 70% of your own fanbase. Best idea ever.  ::)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »

When you shut your computer off, or log out of DF it places all of your dorfs (including babies and puppies) into a hellish limbo where they suffer unspeakable horrors.

It is actually a mercy to kill them in game, so they don't have to experience that torment.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »

But seriously, can we go until New Year's Day 2013 without posting about butchering puppies, killing nobles, and drowning migrants?????

And especially, STOP POSTING ABOUT HEARTLESSLY MURDERING AND BUTCHERING BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Babies, both in DF and in the real world, are as equal as an adult. Take this: Would you like it if you had a kid and some stranger murdered and butchered him/her? And it's just because he said he/she "was a useless part of life and deserved to die". Would you like that?

My logic for child killing in adventure mod: 99.5% of people you meet in adventure mode were made on the spot, they don't have history they don't have feelings people in DF a VIDEOGAME are just data values or some shizz like that, they feel as much pain as you care to imagine them feeling.   As stated earlier in the thread most people here would sh*t themselves at the sight of a mutilated maggot ridden corpse or at the sight of a real live sentient being dipped in magma or acid.
Imp sure Toady WILL make child/babies slaughter more a reprehensible practice (whole cities towns and nations coming down on you).
On banning
There are no rules on the forums saying you can't describe what horrible atrocities you do in HIS game(within reason but DF is quite explicit with its combat system), if he doesn’t want to know what people do with his game then he wouldn't have made it to begin with
Also, unless your Toady's secret wife and plan to withdraw sex, you cannot do sh*t to make him ban anyone.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2011, 04:14:28 pm »

There are no rules on the forums saying you can't describe what horrible atrocities you do in HIS game(within reason but DF is quite explicit with its combat system), if he doesn’t want to know what people do with his game then he wouldn't have made it to begin with
Also, unless your Toady's secret wife and plan to withdraw sex, you cannot do sh*t to make him ban anyone.
Toady, please don't get married. All life will survive if you do. D:

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2011, 04:15:41 pm »

When you shut your computer off, or log out of DF it places all of your dorfs (including babies and puppies) into a hellish limbo where they suffer unspeakable horrors.

It is actually a mercy to kill them in game, so they don't have to experience that torment.

Well that's lame. I imagine a really cool wave of time-freezing going over the entire fortress. Everything stopping in their tracks like magnificent statues, and all becoming silent, until i reawaken them from their timeless slumber once again.

Or them being all like, "Sweet! he's finally gone!" and then calling up all the other civs for some massive party or something, and rushing to clean everything up and look normal before i get back.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2011, 04:17:49 pm »

Well that's lame. I imagine a really cool wave of time-freezing going over the entire fortress. Everything stopping in their tracks like magnificent statues, and all becoming silent, until i reawaken them from their timeless slumber once again.

Or them being all like, "Sweet! he's finally gone!" and then calling up all the other civs for some massive party or something, and rushing to clean everything up and look normal before i get back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBZ_SnAuk4

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2011, 04:27:02 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBZ_SnAuk4

Your post has left me confused and unsettled.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2011, 04:34:15 pm »

For some reason I'm picturing seven dwarfers with various skillsets wheeling a cart laden with supplies out to a place in the middle of nowhere they were told has clay, shallow and deep metals and an underground river and starting to dig...

Soon after:

'The Mechanized titan Delta Force has arrived! An armored vehicle, filled with heavily armed soldiers! It has a heavy machine gun and advances quickly. Beware it's 20 mm cannon!'
I'll top that!

The Atomic Bomb Fat Man has arrived! A great round metal ball. It is filled with atomic energy and a device that can split the atoms. Beware its deadly radiation!

Nope. But nice try, though.

You know what, fine. You do your own little baby-killing and macabre ways of using their bones as raw materials. You go and frolick off in your murderous ways of killing off the local (dwarven) population, and I'll sit here, watching you, no longer caring about what you do. Go ahead. And SEE IF YOUR DWARFS CARE. Your seemingly useless King can befriend the whole fort, and when you kill him, the whole fort will erupt in a tantrum spiral.

ABOUT EQUALITY: Take in effect the part of the Constitution Of The United States. It states that "We hold these Yruths to be self-evident, that all Men are created Equal..." "...born with certain inalienable Rights..." "... and that among these Rights are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness". Think. Men not only means in real life, but should mean in games like this, too. Just, think about it.

Side-note: Your dwarves have thoughts, you know. Killing their children or their noble spouses can lead to a VERY BAD THOUGHT in the mother/father/wife/husband. But you won't care, and then they'll start a fortress-killing tantrum spiral which you also won't care about.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2011, 04:42:30 pm »

You know what, fine. You do your own little baby-killing and macabre ways of using their bones as raw materials. You go and frolick off in your murderous ways of killing off the local (dwarven) population, and I'll sit here, watching you, no longer caring about what you do. Go ahead. And SEE IF YOUR DWARFS CARE. Your seemingly useless King can befriend the whole fort, and when you kill him, the whole fort will erupt in a tantrum spiral.

ABOUT EQUALITY: Take in effect the part of the Constitution Of The United States. It states that "We hold these Yruths to be self-evident, that all Men are created Equal..." "...born with certain inalienable Rights..." "... and that among these Rights are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness". Think. Men not only means in real life, but should mean in games like this, too. Just, think about it.

Side-note: Your dwarves have thoughts, you know. Killing their children or their noble spouses can lead to a VERY BAD THOUGHT in the mother/father/wife/husband. But you won't care, and then they'll start a fortress-killing tantrum spiral which you also won't care about.
That makes sense ITS A GAME URIST MCDWARFX200  dose not and will no exist. Dwarves have around 200 possible thoughts, now compare that to a real live human: infinite.
At the end of the day dwarves are : 8 units of food 16 units of drink, and a fine own bed, nothing more nothing less. You wouldn't tell your son," Im sorry but this PS# is for UristMcTimmy who turned 8 today(five seconds ago)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2011, 04:43:48 pm »

Soon after:

I'll top that!

Answer to all of the above: The Necro910 Method.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2011, 04:46:41 pm »

Soon after:

I'll top that!

Answer to all of the above: The Necro910 Method.
In other words, killing every dwarf that you don't think deserves to live. CHILDREN DESERVE TO LIVE.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]