Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shall we play next?

Civilization V
- 14 (28%)
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
- 26 (52%)
Some other idea (please post it in the thread)
- 2 (4%)
Play Apoc again and try not to embarrass yourself this time!
- 7 (14%)
Nothing. The LP was bad and you should feel bad.
- 1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 115067 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 03:51:26 pm »

Recruit EuchreJack reporting for service!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 05:11:56 pm »

On the critical front, some of those pictures may be quite resource intensive, I don't know what modern internet forum picture etiquette is, but keeping the file sizes below a megabyte may be a good guide-line. On the other hand, I really wouldn't know...
On the topic of pictures though, I do like their current size...

I have no idea why they are getting so bloated. They are all around 200kb on my computer... I'll look into that.

I found the problem and I am fixing it, standby.

Should be all better. I had no idea those images were getting so crazy. I think it had to do with ImageShack's resizing feature. If it doesn't load faster let me know and I'll look into it.  Thanks for the heads up!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 06:19:40 pm by Fikes »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 04:55:58 am »

Spoiler: The rest of the week (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Week 1 in review (click to show/hide)

Next week is one of the most important in the game. We have to shoot down a purple UFO. I am honestly not sure how we are going to pull this off. We are going to need tons of firepower all focused on that one goal. Do we stick with Hover bikes? Do we get more? Do we put long range missiles on them?

Anyone else ready to join the fray?

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 05:27:50 am »

Oh oh pick me! Awesome LP btw :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 09:47:05 am »

I'd suggest buying any piece of aerial hardware you can find, and swarm the Purple UFO.  Buy hoverbikes first, then hovercars if you can't buy 6 or more hoverbikes.  One hovercar for each two missing hoverbikes.

You could try funding this via raiding the Cult of Sirius with rookie recruits (so you don't risk losing anyone important).

The limited recruits is always a bottleneck in X-Com: Apoc.  For that reason, I generally just recruit all the soldiers, no matter how bad they are, provided I can find space to house them.

You're doing quite well!  And so am I, apparently.  :D

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 11:02:38 am »

Pvt. Jerick reporting for duty against the alien scum!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:52 pm »

Pvt. Geen reporting for duty, gimme something explosive or extremely shooty. Both preferably.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »

So we have 5000 moneys, 2 hoverbikes, no ammunition reserves for anything but the sniper rifle, which is only really useful for training accuracy, and we are about to face the first of their actual combat forces, rather than scouts...

I suggest that we need to sell something, stun grapples do not require ammunition, nor do swords, but wielding either will get you killed. Hoverarmour torso piece plus sword plus grenades can make an interesting combination, but cutting through walls is annoying in real-time mode... I find missiles annoying, especially once electronic countermeasures come into play, but a flight of hoverbikes with them should be a pretty effective way to down a single enemy.

If ever RAM is in command of a mission, they will try to redesignate the valkyrie to "Mother" so as to squick-out the organics...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 07:06:36 pm »

I'm in!

Soon, you will receive a delivery truck that will drop off 6 liquid filled tanks. These tanks contain troopers marked "Max-Clone", and are numbered one through six. Please only activate them one at a time. They prefer high explosives and heavy weapons.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 07:33:23 pm »

Lets sell sell our equipment and spend all our money on ground vehicles!!!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 07:42:58 pm »

GlyphGryph reporting for Duty!

Man, I still totally need to play this game instead of just playing UFO Defense/Terror from the Deep over and over again...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 08:12:31 pm »

Trooper Anja Galena, Human Female reporting in! I'll take two Pistols/Plasma Guns to start, moving up to the bigger captured alien guns when they're available, the small ones are too inaccurate.

Man, I remember playing this. Having my robots sit on aliens so they couldn't wake up after being stunned, going through 2-3 robots a mission... It was brilliant.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:35 pm »

I am looking over the numbers more and more. I think we have to accept the fact that the Advanced Quantum Physics lab is on hold, that would free up all $25k of our funds.

We will be able to loosen the belt on our arsenal as soon as we can equip a whole squad with the disruptor gun, but so far we have only seen a single unit. We would have to build at least another 5 (assuming we don't capture any more) and it is only 25% researched. That could be days away.

Literally our only ground combat options right now are the Lawpistol (pretty weak), the machine gun (no ammo), the autocannon (only explosive ammo), or the sniper rifle. Everyone carries a backup stun grapple, but the range on it is too limited for primary use.

I am tempted to go with the autocannon explosive ammo. This is a good short term solution, but a bad long term one. Explosions destroy gear and piss people off. Every piece of equipment we capture today is money tomorrow.

The bigger problem, however, is that all of that is less important than the air side. Failing to shoot down the purple people eater this week would put us back months. I'd much rather lose the ground war for a week than miss this opportunity.

There is no doubt we need to increase our air power. At least here our options there are broader.

Looking at the numbers, currently our Interceptor brings 57.6 damage per second to the party.

Option A) We can pull in another 5 hover bikes, stock off the shelf. Basic equipment with them give us 42 damage per second. 7 stock bikes and the Interceptor gives us 351.6 DPS. Cash on hand: $645.

Option B) Pull in 3 more hover bikes and give them Rendor Plasma guns at 57.6 DPS each. Add in our 2 stock bikes and the Interceptor, that gives us 314.4 DPS, but hurts more if one of the bikes goes down. Cash on hand: $3145

Option C) Strip the Interceptor and give it two Rendor Plasmas for 115.2 DPS. Bring in 2 stock Hoverbikes for a total of 4, giving us an additional 168 DPS and purchase the last rendor and a hoverbike to give us an additional 57.6 DPS for a total of 340.8. This is the most risky as so much of our DPS will be on a single ship. Cash on hand is the same as above: $3145.

One final note is that I keep a stock of junk lying around from the beginning of the game as a sort of “strategic reserve”. It is our one time emergency influx of cash. We can use it now and put the rendor plasmas on the Interceptor, giving us a further DPS boost but putting us further in the hole.

As important as it is to win week two, we can’t forget that we still have a long struggle ahead of us. Spending everything we have on winning this very important air race means we can’t do some important things later in the week. We are already giving up our advanced lab. The earliest it will be operational is week 6. If we spend everything, we are also giving up our ability to build disruptor guns and hire more troops.

Lastly, week 4 could be an equally important air race. We can only expect to have this same equipment then.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 08:23:54 pm »

All the MaxClones vote for Option A. Does that count as six votes?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 11:10:10 pm »

I will try and flesh out main characters with brief interludes. Here is the first one.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:12:40 am by Fikes »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19