Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shall we play next?

Civilization V
- 14 (28%)
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
- 26 (52%)
Some other idea (please post it in the thread)
- 2 (4%)
Play Apoc again and try not to embarrass yourself this time!
- 7 (14%)
Nothing. The LP was bad and you should feel bad.
- 1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 115063 times)

CandyGale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!
« Reply #270 on: March 14, 2013, 04:53:35 pm »

Thank you for this; it was an interesting read! Initially I thought this was a video series (I somehow ended up here via Google), but this format actually works better in many ways, mainly because it allows for much more brevity.

I actually feel like replaying the game with similar restrictions as used in this playthrough, but that assumes I can get the game running, complete with music and everything - the right atmosphere is very important. I have managed to set it up earlier, but it's rather difficult.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 14, 2013, 07:02:58 pm »

[/sarcasm]Welcome aboard and thank-you for the necro! There are precious few lets plays of this that reach any sort of conclusion...[sarcasm]
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2013, 07:17:49 pm »

Now, now, no need to be rude. I don't know about Fikes, but if someone necro'd an LP of mine to complement me on it I'd be quite happy to see the post, even after a few years!

It's an LP, not a discussion thread. Necroing is problem when people rehash old topics that could just as well get new threads. An LP doesn't exactly work that way, since it's kind of self contained.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:04 pm »

Apologies, I probably should have made it clearer that the tags indicated the absence of sarcasm rather than the presence of it. The / before the tag-name indicates that you are revoking that tag.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2013, 10:58:25 pm »

Apologies, I probably should have made it clearer that the tags indicated the absence of sarcasm rather than the presence of it. The / before the tag-name indicates that you are revoking that tag.

Oh! Didn't even notice the /. I haven't seen anyone do that before, but it makes sense.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:15 am »

Yeah, it is sort of confusing.

Fikes is to be commended for actually finishing a game in a LP, a feat that I've only seen one or two other times.

EDIT: Which is not to say that I haven't enjoyed the unfinished LPs, just that completing one is quite the awesome feat.

CandyGale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2013, 01:56:45 pm »

I realized this was an old thread, but as you said it's rather self-contained and starting a new thread wouldn't make sense.

Completing X-COM Apocalypse on superhuman + ironman is an impressive feat by itself; I myself expect to suffer quite a few defeats. Being able to involve a community into the game like this makes it more enjoyable, but you also need a good amount of dedication.

On a side note, it was easier than I expected to get the game running on XP. I can imagine Windows 7 making it a lot more difficult. I also had a CD image of the original disc, which might have helped.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2013, 02:04:15 pm »

I've got it running on Windows 7.

If you like challenges, try this mod.

I'd suggest also using this utility to fix road vehicles so they're actually usable.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2013, 04:48:19 am »

Ahhhhh, the simple joys of coming back to your tank three weeks later and finding that the road underneath it is, in all likelihood, never going to be fixed...
Read the First Post!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »

Ahhhhh, the simple joys of coming back to your tank three weeks later and finding that the road underneath it is, in all likelihood, never going to be fixed...

Hence why I suggest using the above utility to make roads indestructible.

CandyGale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:13 am »

If you like challenges, try this mod.

I'd suggest also using this utility to fix road vehicles so they're actually usable.
I have certain doubts about my ability to clear this anytime soon, but challenges are always good and it looks to be a quite an interesting mod.

The road fix utility also seems like a very welcome addition. I have never actually used ground vehicles because of how useless they are.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2013, 02:20:18 pm »

Ha, thanks for the compliments.

Sadly the JA 2 LP died when I formatted my computer, so I too have fallen into the "incomplete LP" crowd.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]