Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shall we play next?

Civilization V
- 14 (28%)
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
- 26 (52%)
Some other idea (please post it in the thread)
- 2 (4%)
Play Apoc again and try not to embarrass yourself this time!
- 7 (14%)
Nothing. The LP was bad and you should feel bad.
- 1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 114103 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 06:48:00 am »

What happens if we sell everything and buy a hawk?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 09:47:12 am »

The Hawk Air Warrior is a wonderful thing to deal massive damage with, but judging from my playthroughs, it's usually a better idea to have some other craft in the air as well to draw attention because losing your new and ludicrously expensive Hawk can and will ruin your day.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 10:25:39 am »

Name a recruit as Jacen if you will.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 12:56:20 pm »

Damn, I'm getting a lot of close calls. :o

I vote for option C. Option A is safer and offers more DPS, but at about $250 per damage point. Also, risks are fun.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 01:05:00 pm »

I vote C as well. Higher DPS concentrated on several ships means we're more likely to score a kill before losing much ourselves. The Valkyrie isn't unkillable of course, but as long as hoverbikes draw away fire, it should be okay.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2011, 01:35:44 pm »

I vote A. Seriously, I trust Nathan, gives him the tool, he'll fuck shit up.

Can you name pilot? I'd like one to be called Sheb.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »

I vote A. :)

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 05:33:49 pm »

I vote C, and would like to request BunnyBob's vengeful brother, RabbitJoe, as a trooper.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 07:09:03 pm »

Wow, tie votes. Interesting.

I am going to break the tie and start week two, but you'll have to keep tuning in to know which direction we chose. Suspense!

As I started the process of outfitting the ships, I realized that the 200 Janitor missiles (that suck) sell for a healthy chunk of change. Bankruptcy avoided.

I am going to try to do an entire week in one update, but if it gets too bloated I'll break it up.

Can you name pilot? I'd like one to be called Sheb.

Turns out you can. You are flying a Hoverbike. There are no stats kept on pilots but I'll tell you when
 if you die.

Hawk Air Warriors aren't on the market yet and won't be for another 3 weeks and I don't want to only have one craft.

Everyone who asked for a name should see themselves in the list of the first post. I am sorry if I missed you, remind me and I'll try to get you in for week three.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2011, 07:49:18 pm »

Ranks would also be nice, so we know who we are the boss of, but as I said earlier, making it too fiddly will make the LP less fun and more likely to fail, so you should avoid hassles such as listening to whiny spectators...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2011, 07:58:22 pm »

Hawk Air Warriors aren't on the market yet and won't be for another 3 weeks and I don't want to only have one craft.

Hold the phone, what? We're playing the same game, right? If you haven't installed any mods (are there even mods for Apoc?), Hawks enter the market at the start of week 2. Now, only having one craft is a perfectly reasonable rationale for not wanting to trade everything for a Hawk... but what's up with the 3 weeks part?

... either there's something strange going on here, or I'm very confused.  ???

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 08:14:50 pm »

If you happen to come across a Cyborg named 612-DWARF-AVENUE, be a dear and give him a sniper rifle and some aliens to use it on. :P
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 08:33:59 pm »

Hold the phone, what? We're playing the same game, right? If you haven't installed any mods (are there even mods for Apoc?), Hawks enter the market at the start of week 2. Now, only having one craft is a perfectly reasonable rationale for not wanting to trade everything for a Hawk... but what's up with the 3 weeks part?

... either there's something strange going on here, or I'm very confused.  ???

Neither. I was very confused.

I thought at first that the game went by weeks instead of months but when the last day of "week one" ended I did not get the budget screen, so I assumed I remembered wrong.

My mistake!

The week actually just flipped, but for purposes of the LP we are going to ignore my mistake and continue as if nothing happened.

Anyway, this doesn't change as much as you would think. There are some new items on the market and we do now have $69k, but our plan will move forward as before.

Ranks would also be nice, so we know who we are the boss of, but as I said earlier, making it too fiddly will make the LP less fun and more likely to fail, so you should avoid hassles such as listening to whiny spectators...

If you look at the week in review, you can kind of see what rank everyone is. The ranks are explained here: http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Agents_(Apocalypse)

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »

I think you missed me for names.  Great LP so far, still loving it.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2011, 12:51:23 am »

Hah, and here I'd forgotten about the end-of-week money. That'll make life a little easier!  :D

...actually, have you raided the CoS yet? A few Psiclones would make life a lot easier. And, last I checked, your guys were all at full health - that, to me, says you aren't putting them in harms way enough.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19