Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shall we play next?

Civilization V
- 14 (28%)
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
- 26 (52%)
Some other idea (please post it in the thread)
- 2 (4%)
Play Apoc again and try not to embarrass yourself this time!
- 7 (14%)
Nothing. The LP was bad and you should feel bad.
- 1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 115389 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse! (Chapter 4)
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2011, 03:46:39 pm »

The prophet's the better small missile launcher. 8 shots, decent tracking, slightly more powerful than the Plasma Cannon.

The 8 shots and the price of the missiles are the main problems.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »

To be more specific I'll like to be a ground trooper, if you don't mind.

I'm loving this LP so far, great job! :D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »

The prophet's the better small missile launcher. 8 shots, decent tracking, slightly more powerful than the Plasma Cannon.

The 8 shots and the price of the missiles are the main problems.

Hmm...I wonder if I can get a shoulder mounted version? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 07:43:34 pm »

Prophet launchers. I don't remember the weapon from the game, but whatever it is, it sure as hell isn't what I just pictured.

If you're thinking of a cannon that fires out Prophet from Crysis 2, then we're thinking alike :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 08:40:35 pm »

There are missile launchers in the game, but the ammo's bulky, expensive and will eventually be almost obsolete. We may find some if we raid Sirius, but we'll likely lose some people to them before we capture them.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2011, 08:07:56 am »

Sheb was crouching beneath his bike, finishing to fix his brand new plasma gun. His bike wasn't the standard, cheap Marsec one, but a vintage Harley-Davidson, modified to allow an antigrav engine. Back in the slums, such modified oldies were called "Z-Machine" or "Z-Bike" (From "Zombi Machine", raised from the death) and were among the most expensive bike a gang leader could get.

For Sheb wasn't your standard X-COM recruits, fresh from Boot Camp with ideals about saving the human race from aliens. Until a month ago, he had been a rising star in Diablo, one of their best drivers, tasked with delivering risked package across the city, using his driving skill and Z-Machine to escape Megapol's Hovercar. More often than not, that package was a bullet to be delivered in the recipient's head.

All was well until around two weeks ago, when he was tasked with delivering a crate of Psyclones to the other side of the city. The delivery was a trap, engineered by jealous Diablo members, and instead of a drug dealer, several Police Hovercar where waiting for him. Alone on his unarmed Z-Bike, he choose to flee. Driving between the People Tube's pillar and under the roads, he almost manage to escape Megapol's car (two of them had crashed into a bridge, bringing them down), when a glancing shot sent him flying right into the hospital's garden.

When Nathan learned about that pilot, he immediately decided that he needed him. Using his new powers (Montgomery had given him the full use of X-COM's budget after all, and in Mega-Primus greasing the right hands would give you all the power you need.) he convinced Megapol's Chief Commissioneer to offer Sheb a deal: A lifetime in a penal colony on Mars, or a lifetime fighting Aliens on his bike. The choice wasn't hard: Sheb loved his bike.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2011, 04:16:28 pm »

Ooo, Ooo, Are there any spots left?! If so, I'd take a meat sheild recruit! Timferius, same as forum name

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19:18 pm »

Spoiler: Week 3 in review (click to show/hide)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse! (Chapter 5)
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2011, 10:28:14 pm »

Nicely done! I don't think I've ever managed to throw back an explosive, let alone two in a row.

I've never seen the price of Psiclones drop- at the moment, I've dumped almost 15 of the things onto the market, and 3 weeks later the price hasn't moved by even $1. It's probably safe to toss them, and I might even recommend it, because... Psiclones are bought by Psyke. Who you just raided. And if they go hostile (as a result of you murdering and robbing them, ya know), I don't think you can sell Psiclones to them any more. At which point you're left with some (very) expensive paperweights.  :o

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2011, 03:43:36 am »

MaxClone2 calls dibs on the Disruptor! (There's a reason I always show up with a six-pack of clones to these...) Time for some disproportionate retribution.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 04:02:02 am »

Damn, I wasn't expecting it so soon. And I didn't even died to aliens...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 04:27:56 am »

Could I take a (preferably human) recruit?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 05:52:10 am »

You don't have enough RAM...

Marsec torso armour does make you somewhat of a target, but it has certain advantages against poppers...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2011, 06:16:23 am »

I can't believe you're actually playing Real-Time.  Right?  God, that's insane, I've never tried that for more than one mission.  Then again, there's a lot about this game I don't know.

Put me in coach, I'm ready to take one for the team.  And fuck psionics, they're useless here except against other humans (hint hint).
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 10:38:28 am »

You could go 'borrow' some stuff from Marsec. It's quite possible to go into other people's buildings, pick up their stuff and disappear without shooting a thing. And Marsec leave one of the biggest mistakes in the game lying around.

Flush out smoke with stun gas. It evaporates much faster. And can stun anyone sneaking up on you in said smoke.

And you big wuss. All aliens are stunnable, you just need some disciplined Toxigun fire to lower their health slightly.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19