Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shall we play next?

Civilization V
- 14 (28%)
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
- 26 (52%)
Some other idea (please post it in the thread)
- 2 (4%)
Play Apoc again and try not to embarrass yourself this time!
- 7 (14%)
Nothing. The LP was bad and you should feel bad.
- 1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 115341 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse! (Chapter 5)
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2011, 11:34:56 am »

Recruit Haspen signing in! :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2011, 04:48:27 pm »

Nice to know my android is still alive, and top of it's class, and a sergeant while at it.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2011, 06:12:22 pm »

Nicely done! I don't think I've ever managed to throw back an explosive, let alone two in a row.

I've never seen the price of Psiclones drop- at the moment, I've dumped almost 15 of the things onto the market, and 3 weeks later the price hasn't moved by even $1. It's probably safe to toss them, and I might even recommend it, because... Psiclones are bought by Psyke. Who you just raided. And if they go hostile (as a result of you murdering and robbing them, ya know), I don't think you can sell Psiclones to them any more. At which point you're left with some (very) expensive paperweights.  :o

I love throwing grenades back. I always watch it in slow motion. Pro tip: if you pick up brain sucker pods and put them in your inventory once they land, brain suckers won't pop out.

You don't really sell to anyone directly, you sell to the market. Apparently if there are more than 20 psiclones on the market at once the price will fall 3 to 5%. It might be worth trying, we'll see how money looks.

Ooo, Ooo, Are there any spots left?! If so, I'd take a meat sheild recruit! Timferius, same as forum name

Welcome to the team!
MaxClone2 calls dibs on the Disruptor! (There's a reason I always show up with a six-pack of clones to these...) Time for some disproportionate retribution.

Funny story about you and RAM. I played the game and RAM died before we went after the UFO, then you died at the UFO. Then I got this crazy bug where my own HQ spotted an alien. We went to investage and the game crashed. So I loaded. Same exact thing happened, RAM at a terror mission and you at the UFO. Infact, that screen shot was from the first time you died. Second time you died to spitters. I felt bad and kept the better first story.

Damn, I wasn't expecting it so soon. And I didn't even died to aliens...

That sucked. I feel dumb about that one. You even had the fastest engine on your bike but you somehow managed to get stuck outside. I thought it was kind of funny to have named hover bikes, since they were always one shot away from death.

Could I take a (preferably human) recruit?

I'll add you to the list.

I can't believe you're actually playing Real-Time.  Right?  God, that's insane, I've never tried that for more than one mission.  Then again, there's a lot about this game I don't know.

Put me in coach, I'm ready to take one for the team.  And fuck psionics, they're useless here except against other humans (hint hint).

Real-Time isn't so bad. When I first started playing the game I was largely a TB purist, but that ended pretty quick. TB in Apoc takes forever and it always seemed to play wierd. Real-time also opens the door to interesting strats like throwing grenades back and the like.

We are actually putting a Psi-Gym in Armaments. That way we can get some hybrids trained up real high before we ever send them on a mision. There are some hilarious things you can do with Psi's that I am looking forward to.

I'll add you to the list too.

You could go 'borrow' some stuff from Marsec. It's quite possible to go into other people's buildings, pick up their stuff and disappear without shooting a thing. And Marsec leave one of the biggest mistakes in the game lying around.

Superhuman iron men don't abuse odd gameplay mechanics. We are going to win this trough grit and luck alone!

Flush out smoke with stun gas. It evaporates much faster. And can stun anyone sneaking up on you in said smoke.

I do try to do that. Actually, I use stun grenades for tons of things (like brainsuckers!). The two situations where they are not great are things like the assualt ship where the aliens are already out front and in position by the time you get there, it is just a hard place to fight.

The other situation is long range combat against devastors. Our toxi guns, even while using aimed shots, just don't have the accurace to be the devastors at long ranges. If the aliens pop smoke and open fire, the best thing you can do is run off around a corner.

And you big wuss. All aliens are stunnable, you just need some disciplined Toxigun fire to lower their health slightly.

Pah! I have lost so many men over so many play thoughs trying to stun that one alien I didn't have yet. First, there is the knocking them out. Very high hit point enemies have to be pretty well brutialized before they doze off. Then there is the "keeping them asleep" part that sucks just as much. And the game doesn't warn you when the alien wakes up so out of your where the alien has awoken and open fire on your guys.

Anyways, you and I both know what alien types are on the horizon. We'll talk about it more when we run into them... don't want to give it all away!

Recruit Haspen signing in! :D

Added!

I am going to try and do a better job of getting all B12s out on missions. I just never scroll down in the units window if I don't have to. /lazy

Thanks everyone for reading!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »

They can't wake up if you're stood on them...

That said, I did lose both of my robots when I managed to capture my Megaspawn, so it's not the easiest thing to do.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2011, 07:11:35 pm »

Can't you just disarm the stunned aliens like in the earlier xcom games?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »

Not the most difficult to capture ones. Their weapons are built in.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2011, 07:33:38 pm »

only 2 aliens use weapons I think. Everyone else IS a weapon.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2011, 08:07:00 pm »

Shhhhh, you're giving away the surprises!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2011, 09:31:05 pm »

I don't see why the weapon being built in should in any way stop your clever agents from removing it. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »

MaxClones will use the PsiLab if possible. They'll take any boost they can get.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2011, 10:28:33 pm »

Spoiler: Week 4 in review (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2011, 11:02:08 pm »

Wooh, I'm still tied with Anja for most kills, it looks like. Here's hoping I pull ahead and don't die!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:54 pm »

Only 4 missions and 3 kills for me? Train me up and send me out there, damnit :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2011, 11:48:13 pm »

The panel at the back of my locker is false. Behind it there is a backup of my consciousness made upon reaching sergeant rank. Obviously, with no new sentient engines being constructed, replacement bodies are difficult to acquire. My dying wish was to be installed into a suit of marsec torso armour and fitted to a heavy-weapons operative.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2011, 01:57:10 am »

Holy crap, I'm a robot, and one of the better looking models.  I am now guaranteed to survive the war.  Woo.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19