Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shall we play next?

Civilization V
- 14 (28%)
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
- 26 (52%)
Some other idea (please post it in the thread)
- 2 (4%)
Play Apoc again and try not to embarrass yourself this time!
- 7 (14%)
Nothing. The LP was bad and you should feel bad.
- 1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 114092 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse! (Chapter 7)
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2011, 11:29:30 pm »

A, ignore the graphics :P. And B, play in realtime, turn-based is hella slow.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »

Spoiler: Chapter 8:Club X-Com (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Week 7 in review (click to show/hide)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse! (Chapter 8)
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2011, 12:21:40 am »

Removed, I was sleepy. :-\   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:22:51 am by BullDog »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2011, 01:14:57 am »

Euch-R-JAK-3 reporting for duty!  For Megaprimus!

I have such a headache, perhaps I retained some psionic ressonance from my previous lives.  Oh, it's so confusing!

Welcome back to borg life. Hybrids have been impossible to come by (yes I am friendly with Mutant Alliance).

That would explain the headache and confusion.  Applying ressonance dampeners... Ah, much better!  I am now free from any outside psionic influence.  Yay!

I don't see my character in the current list.  Was my recruitment after the playthrough?  If you don't have enough borgs, I'd be willing to take a hum.

Amazing LP by the way.  I'm glad to have my characters die and die again for this awesome playthrough.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2011, 07:05:41 am »

Damn you Nirur, I'll catch you yet!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2011, 10:45:47 am »

I have such a headache, perhaps I retained some psionic ressonance from my previous lives.  Oh, it's so confusing!

Welcome back to borg life. Hybrids have been impossible to come by (yes I am friendly with Mutant Alliance).

That would explain the headache and confusion.  Applying ressonance dampeners... Ah, much better!  I am now free from any outside psionic influence.  Yay!

I don't see my character in the current list.  Was my recruitment after the playthrough?  If you don't have enough borgs, I'd be willing to take a hum.

Amazing LP by the way.  I'm glad to have my characters die and die again for this awesome playthrough.

Yeah, I haven't seen any Borgs or Hybrids for a while. I was even neutral to both groups. I added you back in as a human.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2011, 05:29:50 pm »

Yeah, I haven't seen any Borgs or Hybrids for a while. I was even neutral to both groups. I added you back in as a human.

Now that is a real identity crisis!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2011, 10:05:11 pm »

Spoiler: Week in review (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:07:41 pm by Fikes »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2011, 11:23:32 pm »

Noooo! Nirur is getting further and further ahead!

I've still got a higher kills/mission than him, though, at least. Bastard.

I also don't understand xcom promotion at all. We should be in charge, damn it! Look at those body counts!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:20 am »

Man, this thread keeps making me try to play this game, and I just can't do it. Eh, it's fun to read about, but I just can't get into it.

I think part of it is because of how incredibly ugly it is.

And the battles just feel so much less.. fun. Mind you, I've only been in three, but eh. I think that might be the most I can stomache.

So back to cheering on my dude! Send me on more missions, it's the only reason I'm not in the lead any more!

Hmm. My advice if you wanted to try to play this game is to get 6 armored troopers and load them with autocannons and just try to flank the enemy. If that doesn't work, it probably is just too old.

The artwork in the game is really odd...

Noooo! Nirur is getting further and further ahead!

I've still got a higher kills/mission than him, though, at least. Bastard.

I also don't understand xcom promotion at all. We should be in charge, damn it! Look at those body counts!

I was thinking the same thing. We have Squad leaders with 5 medals. WTF?

I think the boat has sailed on Borgs... SELF just attacked me. Not sure what I did to piss them off.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:33 am »

Puny organics. Shed your puny organic tears at my kills per mission ratio.

P.S.
 I believe that you can jump by holding the jump button('j' if I recall correctly) and clicking on an adjacent space. You may take falling damage but it is a way down(but not back up again) a cliff.

P.P.S.
 I request two additional shields and am willing to forgo my compliment of armour.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2011, 05:47:10 am »

Wait, you can make them jump? I MUST TEST THIS, FOR ‼SCIENCE‼. At least it would even the odds slightly against those aliens that tend to jump up to higher ground... can't remember which ones they were, or if i'm even thinking of the same game xD.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2011, 06:15:40 am »

Well, I'm not sure how I got promoted into this position over some, but I'll try to do my best to do the memory of Anja proud, and not run us into the ground! My best guess is I'm less of a killer, and more of a tactician, leading my men to victory! Or something. I mean, it's not the best fighters who get promoted in real life military right? It's the ones who have the best mind for tactics and strategy. And political pull I guess...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2011, 07:40:25 am »

Why must you hate me so, GlyphGryph? We should be working together against the cruel system that denies us our pay increases, not wasting our time fighting with each other.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:41 am »

Man, this thread keeps making me try to play this game, and I just can't do it. Eh, it's fun to read about, but I just can't get into it.

I think part of it is because of how incredibly ugly it is.

And the battles just feel so much less.. fun. Mind you, I've only been in three, but eh. I think that might be the most I can stomache.

So back to cheering on my dude! Send me on more missions, it's the only reason I'm not in the lead any more!
Hmm. My advice if you wanted to try to play this game is to get 6 armored troopers and load them with autocannons and just try to flank the enemy. If that doesn't work, it probably is just too old.

The artwork in the game is really odd...
I think they were going for a more Zeerust style to this game. I don't know why, but it looks like what pre-war Earth in Fallout would've looked like. With the Mothership Zeta addon for FO3, it's not a long shot.

I'm also liking my 2:1 kill ratio (K:M) so far.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19