Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nekro: Necromancy-focused Action RPG. Funded!  (Read 4725 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Nekro: Necromancy-focused Action RPG. Funded!
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »

Found this from a Gamespy Kickstarter Roundup.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/343838885/nekro

Funded goal: $100,000k

Pledged: $113,333

Time left: 66 hours

About the game:
Nekro is an overhead, randomly generated action game about summoning evil forces of darkness to do your bidding!

Hailing from the era of great classics such as Myth: The Fallen Lords, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Dungeon Keeper and more, we are creating a game rooted deep in PC gaming's history, but with all the flourishes you've come to expect from a modern experience.

Features:
A completely randomized world: Never play the same game twice.

Fully-integrated crafting system: Your spells and 'armor sets' are created with the things you find in the world...and the things you take from those within it.

A beautiful and rich world to explore: Nekro will have a host of unique tilesets and locations. From the burning hells to the ravaged lands of the east there will always be a new place to go, and as always, all of them are randomly generated. The game will put a big emphasis on exploration and discovery. The world is teeming with things to find and enemies to conquer.

Unique creature-based gameplay: Your summons will do your bidding but are not under your direct control. Each creature you create will have a set of behaviors unique to it. It's up to you to find the best combination of creatures to use for each situation. However, the nekro himself isn't powerless. If all else fails, you can always run intro the fray; transforming into a powerful demon and lay waste to your enemies.

World changing events: Each faction of the game (the nekro, the humans and the neutrals) gets their own world events that happen at random and can drastically effect the outcome of a fight. The nekro casts the world into Eternal Darkness, boosting his power. The neutrals summon The Werewolves of the Full Moon, spawning deadly werewolves across the land. And the humans call upon The Crusaders of the King, sending out extremely powerful templars to hunt monsters.

Available for PC, Mac and Linux: And completely DRM Free! (We hate it as much as you)

Game about being a Necromancer, raising creepy creatures that act in independently, crafting, randomly generated world, all with a Tim Burton-style look?

I'm game. I recall a few people in the "Games that you wish existed" thread wanting a game that's all about necromancy.

Their Kickstarter video is a little long and a little too rehearsed...but they've already in the alpha stage of development. With 5 days to go, all they need is a little bump.

I'm still fiddling with what exactly to call this game. It's not an RTS, but it's not quite Diablo either.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:50:23 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nekro: Necromancy-focused Action RPG on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:52:14 pm »

This looks very fun. PTW.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »

Reminds me of playing Diablo 2 with a armymancer on later patches (Summons were largely useless in several early versions till... 1.09 i think, while less numerous they became totally boss and capable of killing all bosses on Nightmare without any imput from the necro himself... and even some bosses in hell).

Anyway... it may be good.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 07:11:43 pm »

Aren't these the guys that spammed the fuck out of RPS?  Regardless, I'm in for a few £.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 09:36:50 pm »

Eh?  What did they do?

ColdSpiral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:56:40 pm »

Backers received an update on the 20th saying they needed as much coverage as possible - turns out a lot of the fans were pretty damn passionate and all of them flooded a bunch of news sites. RPS, GiantBomb, that Kotaku place etc. Same day another update was posted entitled "Please stop sending emails".
Shame, as it seems like a perfect match for RPS' fanbase, but it was probably what sparked their change of stance on Kickstarter projects, so they're unlikely to talk about it before the timer runs out.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:40 pm »

Eh?  What did they do?

Stop mailing/tweeting us about Nekro. Organised mass spam like that creates annoyance, not enthusiasm, towards a project.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Nekro: Necromancy-focused Action RPG. Funded!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »

Looks like they made their funding goal!

Too bad some over active fans had to go and tarnish their rep with RPS.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti