Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Towns 0.42 is out fifth of march 2012  (Read 51092 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW official Towns thread. New facebook Page!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 07:34:55 am »

not much fun being on the receiving side of a volley.  :P
Only a simple mind can be certain.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The official Towns thread.
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 08:13:21 am »

looking forward to playing the new version of Towns today or tomorrow. It will be the first game I will play on my new system.

supermalparit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Towns devblog
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 08:19:01 am »

Screenshot of the upcoming 0.30.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Screenshot for the spanish version of the game :P

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 10:34:47 am »

And here are some of the graphics we are currently working with on the equipable items and armor values. Let us know what you think.

Poysky Productions

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 10:57:10 am »

i like the "you derping?" face on that cow.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 03:34:10 pm »

I really like the improvements made to 0.30! I still don't have the hang of the interface, but it's most likely because I have been DF'd into a certain mental space.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 03:40:48 pm »

I suggest that you equalize the graphics a little. By that I mean some graphics are high resolution, while others look like a blob of three different colors. Like the cow vs that skunk thing.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

Glad you guys like it!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:56:36 pm by alexpoysky »
Poysky Productions

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 03:52:15 pm »

Blarg!  I clicked on this thread for the first time since it was made and suddenly unexpected beautiful screenshots!

Looks pretty sweet!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 04:09:31 pm »

I suggest that you equalize the graphics a little. By that I mean some graphics are high resolution, while others look like a blob of three different colors. Like the cow vs that skunk thing.

The animals are the least to worry about right now, as my priorities are in the buildings. non the less, you are correct, and i am in the process of repainting almost everything.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 06:10:32 pm »

I present you the ladies and gentelmen of Towns:

hopefully many more will come with different clothing, skin tones and body structure.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:36 pm »

I dislike facebook. The fact it's a primary node of information had me almost instantly dismiss the game, but I had some time to kill so I tried it out anyway. My first 2 attempts at running this game had it moving quite slow. I've decided for the time being to pass on a 3rd attempt. I also felt the need to express that I think you don't have much objectivity in thiss issue alexpoysky, and that this game might better be suited to being described by someone who has no direct ties to it's development team.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 05:15:59 pm »

I respect your opinion, and won't fight about this. I don't mean any harm here buddy, and if we can help at all with your game let us know. Sorry if we bothered you somehow.
Poysky Productions

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 06:00:14 pm »

I present you the ladies and gentelmen of Towns:

hopefully many more will come with different clothing, skin tones and body structure.

these are cool and have a unique style that I really appreciate. They do not remind me of any other game I have played before or seen, HUZZAH!

Also, they are all total hippies! Dont change that! I am now having fantasies of the eco-village sim game I always wish someone would make.

Oh and about Alex and the game, yeah hes in charge of public relations i guess, thats what the thread says (BTW he made this thread ) and I am pretty just evangelizing is usually part of public relations. I do believe that most of us like it quite a lot when developers and teams maintain a thread about their game on this forum. I know that for myself, I can read between the lines of enthusiasm if I need to and get a realistic picture of whats going on.

@ Alex, you seem to have the right personality type for this kind of work, but if I were to give advice you could turn down the sweetness just a bit. The customer is NOT always right (who spreads that BS anyway?) and you can maintain your point of view WHILE remaining civil and polite, etc.

Keep up the good work guys!
I got nothing

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 06:43:53 pm »

Wow, seems we found this thread's bridge dweller. It's cool to not like it, but to regale us with your anti-facebook diatribe is just lame. And I wouldn't expect an objective view of the game from someone who clearly states that they are part of the crew.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21