Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick question about human sieges.  (Read 2801 times)

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
Quick question about human sieges.
« on: October 08, 2011, 03:36:58 pm »

Is it normal for them to bring friends?
I got a world with no goblins, but with metric tons of humans. I provoked them to siege me, and the second wave brought moose people. Fully dressed, named, with professions...
I saw goblin sieges bring trolls... moose people mounts would not surprise me, but this... ?
The only mod I'm using now is random plants.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:45:18 pm by KtosoX »
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question about human sieges.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 03:51:29 pm »

Human heros will go on journeys to tame wild animals, which will then accompany the hero's civilization into battle... it's possible that in that civilization's past, a hero 'tamed' the moose people.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 03:58:38 pm »

Human heros will go on journeys to tame wild animals, which will then accompany the hero's civilization into battle... it's possible that in that civilization's past, a hero 'tamed' the moose people.

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle. I can imagine the war elephants taming them simply by picking them up and dropping them in a coral. I still don't understand how you can fit a few ton elephant onto camel though.
It's worse when the goblins tame giant bats. Athough all you need to do is to injure the bat enough and the goblin falls ~10 z levels and explodes.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 04:17:20 pm »

But those were not mounts, and that is bothering me  :-\. Human siegers were ridding bears and regular moose. Those moose people had names, were dressed in regular clothes and had professions. It looked more like a pack of trolls that goblin sieges bring, and less of a bunch of tamed jabberer mounts.
Did stuff like this happen in earlier versions?
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle.
  :o That's hilarious.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Qirex

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Post: Interrupted by Beak wolf Predator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 08:18:25 pm »

I've had all four waves of beak wolves on my fort come on two-humped camels. They managed to clog some of my traps, and so got slightly further than normal.
I live in Nigeria. I am not a prince, and I do not need your bank account information to access my fortune. Anyone caught implying otherwise will be !!reprimanded!! .

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 01:46:54 pm »

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle. I can imagine the war elephants taming them simply by picking them up and dropping them in a coral. I still don't understand how you can fit a few ton elephant onto camel though.

Sigged. :D
Urist McDoctor recommends a healthy magma bath to minimize the risk for infection.

Check out my Let's Play on my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/thetivec

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 02:35:08 pm »

I'd fix the typo before sigging it. :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 02:44:31 pm »

Moose people are mounts, due to the animalperson conversion process not removing the mount tag from the basic moose. It is fully possible for elves or other races to attack your fort while riding moose people.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 02:46:30 pm »

Moosyback ride!
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 03:47:22 pm »

Human: TO WAAAAAAAAAR!!

Mooseman: alright, alright. No need to yell. Geez...