Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: just caged a cyclops  (Read 853 times)

Dapper Dan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
just caged a cyclops
« on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:48 am »

what should i do with it? i was thinking about making a pit and dumping him in it and feeding him unwanted kittens and goblins

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: just caged a cyclops
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:30:22 am »

Good idea.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:48:41 am »

Sounds like a plan, dapper Dan!
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 06:52:39 am »

That's potentially interesting, but even more fun (and saving gobbos to train your militia) is feeding the cyclops migrants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:06 am »

I'm planning on taking my captured beasts to the circus.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 03:15:26 am »

How strong are cyclopses? I'm asking because I only had giants, and the one I caged, set up outside and RELEASE THE KRAKEN'd on a goblin ambush got omgwtfpwn-ed by a single pikegoblin, even as the giant managed to land the first hit winding the greenskin.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 03:45:26 am »

Yup, an armed and armored goblin is a murdermachine, and cyclopses are not very tough.
I Learned that early on, when I got cocky after dispatching a few ogres and squeletal cyclopses on my first fortress. My first goblin ambush was quite a shock...