Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gundam Mod [WIP]  (Read 1626 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gundam Mod [WIP]
« on: June 02, 2017, 08:42:47 pm »

NOTE.  This is not a release thread.  That will come latter. 

I'm making a gundam mod.  I'll post things here for people to look at intermittently. 

Here's how the mod will work.  Each race will have a creature named, say FEDERATION.  Then I'll make a ton of different mobile suit castes for it.  This mod will include no small scale characters, and be entirely mobile suit based. 

The factions planned include the Earth Federation, Zeon, and possibly latter the Titans and AEUG, and then more future stuff, up to unicorn.  I never saw gundam seed, gundam wing, or any of the other gundam alternate timelines, and so do not plan on adding them. 

If I do add anything past the one year war, I'll keep the files separate so it is easy playing with just Zeta gundam or just the one year war. 

The weapons will include everything from heat axes to beam naginatas.  If anyone has a suggested weapon, I will probably add it. 

Melee will be set to have a normal, heat, and beam version of almost every weapon. 

Heat weapons will be weapons that have higher velocity than the normal weapon, while at the same time

Beam weapons will either be higher tier heat weapons or be made out of a plasma material. 

Ranged weapons will be split into categories:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Armor will include armor for various mobile suits. 

Materials will be completely redone, and I'll probably change around the biomes and other stuff as well.  A lot of the vanilla materials are made redundant with the development of high tech super materials. 

There will be such materials as titanium, which can be made into an alloy of luna titanium, gundarium, so on and so forth. 

Zeon will have high tensile steel and variations of that. 

Higher tier alloys will require more material and produce less. 

Special weapons, such as funnels, will not be used, especially because this will be taking place on the ground.  I have no idea how I'll do the Guncannon, which has shoulder mounted cannons.  It will be in the game though, possibly using syndromes. 

Transforming a creature into another creature is possible, and I am considering it for changing mobile suits, but it will definitely not be in the first few releases. 

First thing I'll post is the standard body I set up, although I have a bunch more stuff, this is the part I'm working on ATM.  I know I could probably do it differently, but I just did it the way I know how. 

Code: [Select]
[BODY:BASICMOBILESUITBODY]

[BP:HEAD:head:heads][CATEGORY:HEAD][CON:NECK]
[BP:MC:monocular:monoculars][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][CON:HEAD]
#The monocular is a common thing on Zeon mobile suits. 

[BP:NECK:Neck:Necks][CON:UB][THROAT][CONNECTOR]

[BP:NECKAC:neck actuator:neck actuators][INTERNAL][CON:NECK]

[BP:UB:upper body]
[BP:REACT:reactor:reactors][CON:UP][INTERNAL]CATEGORY:REACT]

[BP:TS:torso:torsos]
[BP:CP:cockpit:cockpits][THOUGHT][CON:TS][INTERNAL][CAT:COCKPIT]

[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CATEGORY:LB][CON:TS]

[BP:RARM:right arm:right arms][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM][CON_CAT:ARM]
[BP:LARM:left arm:left arms][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM][CON_CAT:ARM]

[BP:RUARM:right upper arm:right upper arms][RIGHT][CAT:RUARM]
[BP:LUARM:left upper arm:left upper arms][LEFT][CAT:LUARM
[BP:RLARM:right lower arm:right lower arms][RIGHT][CAT:RLARM]
[BP:LLARM:left lower arm:left lower arms][LEFT][CAT:LLARM]
[BP:RHAND:right hand:right hands][CAT:RHAND][CON:RLARM]
[BP:LHAND:left hand:left hands][CAT:LHAND][CON:LLARM]

[BP:LL:left leg:left legs][LEFT][STANCE][CATEGORY:LEG]
[BP:RL:right leg:left legs][RIGHT][STANCE][CATEGORY:LEG]

[BP:ULL:upper left leg:STP][LEFT][STANCE]
[BP:LLL:lower left leg:STP][LEFT][STANCE]

[BP:URL:upper right leg:STP][RIGHT][STANCE]
[BP:LRL:lower right leg:STP][RIGHT][STANCE]

[BP:RK:right knee:STP][RIGHT][STANCE]
[BP:LK:left knee:STP][LEFT][STANCE]

[BP:LF:left foot:STP][LEFT][STANCE]
[BP:RF:right foot:STP][LEFT][STANCE]

After this is finished, two things, first the material, second figuring out how to put these on creatures I have made, and get them into the game. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I'll probably have other forums for help with syndromes. 

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Gundam Mod [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 11:30:04 pm »

That body plan is incorrect (not Gundam wise, I've never watched it, but have heard of it and on my list of to watch)

When defining a body plan, in this case your BASICMOBILESUITBODY you *MUST* start with the UPPERBODY 1st always, and looking at your supplied example at the end of your OP it's all over things declared but may never even work correctly.

[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER][DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000] <-- or you can rename it to torso
Now start attaching/adding parts branching out from this like:
NECK <-- con Upper body
HEAD <-- con NECK
LOWER_BODY <-- con Upper body
UPPER_ARMS <-- con Upper body
LOWER_ARMS <-- con UPPER_ARMS
HANDS <-- con LOWER_ARMS
UPPER_LEGS <-- con Lower body
LOWER_LEGS <-- con UPPER_LEGS
FEET <-- con LOWER_LEGS

If you declared the UPPER_BODY last you will find your creature will never stand, as all it's limbs will just be floating in the abyss (still counting as being apart of it) you will also find that the error log will be screaming about "cannot attach part X to part Y"

By all means I do no wish to deter you, I've worked extensively with modding creatures, and their components. I've also noted that DF modding has been dead of late. 

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:32:24 pm »

Yeah, I figured I did something weird with my body file.  It is my first one.  Thanks for the input. 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:02:05 pm »

One thing I can think of is that creatures given a machine-gun style weapon tend to stand in place and use it exclusively. Something to overcome!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:50:14 pm »

One thing I can think of is that creatures given a machine-gun style weapon tend to stand in place and use it exclusively. Something to overcome!

Depends on how you set it up. Yes non-free action low cooldown interactions (I assume you meant Interaction based attacks) will have them mainly be stationary. However you can overcome this with a pass it on interaction that is coupled into the firing interaction (or stand-alone), giving your target (or surrounding targets) a "cease-fire" interaction that when they get close will disable any ranged interactions that your shooter can do.

Now you could have it where the shooter can only target those without a certain syndrome, and apply it to the target if they are too close. But this prevents other gunners from shooting that target as well. I'm not sure if you can just have a FUNCTIONAL tissue in the weapon limb and have that interaction just IMPAIR the function of it. But I know for sure if you make all the shooting interactions VERBAL (you don't need to add VERBAL_TEXT so no need of the user going "pew pew pew" every shot) and then the cease-fire interaction will just remove CAN_SPEAK for a few moments. So gundams shouldn't have INTELLIGENT but CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK instead.