Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: [PRINT_MODE:SHADER]  (Read 86070 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [PRINT_MODE:SHADER]
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2012, 01:31:16 am »

Words cannot express the joy of finding out this project is still running! Installing Ubuntu right now, for the express purpose of looking at this shader. Godspeed, lxnt, you beautiful bastard.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pm:full_graphics
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2012, 03:17:09 pm »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »

WHAT IS HAPPENING
<3

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2012, 05:02:58 pm »

Looks good, last time it tried it only water and magma showed up.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2012, 06:09:21 am »

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2012, 12:46:13 pm »

Fakefloors and animation work. Beware of zombie whirling driftwood.

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »

Code drop.

These archives contain working-for-me code, a set of  three map dumps and a set of libraries needed to run it.

You will need - Ubuntu Precise (12.04) 64bit or Oneiric (11.10) 64bit, Python 3.2, python3-yaml, working OpenGL drivers, and a bunch of libs that libsdl depends on.

oneiric: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6445

precise: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6446

typical launch:

Code: [Select]
./fgt -dfdir ../df3410 dumps/driftwood.dump raw/fakefloors

Known problems:

• AMD/ATI drivers are crap and do not work.
  • Low framerate, about 25 fps for me without debug and show_hidden  (press keypad / and * to turn off)
  • Tested only with 34.10 raws so far.
  • Minecart rails are not there.
  • Graphics for most tiles from HFS levels are missing.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:28:33 pm by lxnt »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2012, 02:34:53 pm »

Code drop.

These archives contain working-for-me code, a set of  three map dumps and a set of libraries needed to run it.

You will need - Ubuntu Precise (12.04) 64bit or Oneiric (11.10) 64bit, Python 3.2, python3-yaml, working OpenGL drivers, and a bunch of libs that libsdl depends on.

oneiric: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6445

precise: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6446

typical launch:

Known problems:

• AMD/ATI drivers are crap and do not work.
  • Low framerate, about 15 fps with debug off (press ~ to turn off)
  • Tested only with 34.10 raws so far.
  • Minecart rails are not there.
  • Graphics for most tiles from HFS levels are missing.
What exactly is in those downloads?
Is it just the fgtestbeg code from github?
Is there something else in there as well?
Is there an already generated dump to test on or is a dumper included?

I'm not using Ubuntu anymore, I switched to Debian (specifically #!).
I have the OpenGL and libsdl setup and working already.
I checked and I can install python3.2 and python3-yaml, did you get rid of all the other modules you were using before or do I need python3 versions of them as well?

I had it working before the change to all python3 so I should be able to get the new version working as well.
Could you answer my questions so I can decide what I need to do to run it on a non-ubuntu system?
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2012, 02:49:32 pm »

What exactly is in those downloads?
Is there something else in there as well?
Is there an already generated dump to test on or is a dumper included?
These archives contain working-for-me code, a set of three map dumps and a set of libraries needed to run it.
Dumps from older dumpers won't work due to a subtle format change.

I'm not using Ubuntu anymore, I switched to Debian (specifically #!).
I don't think it'll be any great problem as long as library versions more-or-less line up.

I checked and I can install python3.2 and python3-yaml, did you get rid of all the other modules you were using before or do I need python3 versions of them as well?
Latest PyOpenGL, latest patched pygame2 and libsdl2 are included in the archives. Other than that and yaml, it's all python3 standard library.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2012, 02:52:58 pm »

Latest PyOpenGL, latest patched pygame2 and libsdl2 are included in the archives. Other than that and yaml, it's all python3 standard library.
Is the user supposed to install the PyOpenGL, latest patched pygame2 and libsdl2 from the archive or is the code statically linked to the ones in the archive?
Sigtext

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2012, 02:55:52 pm »

Ah yes, I forgot. The path to the HUD font is hardcoded, and ubuntu-specific. That one will have to be edited. I'll make it configurable or something.

Also, on FPS numbers.
25 is without show_hidden, with zeddown = 4 (6 z-levels drawn every frame) and without debug (which draws another z-level).
All this on a subpar box with intel E2140 1.6Mhz and nvidia GT218. Should look better on contemporary hardware.

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2012, 02:57:30 pm »

Is the user supposed to install the PyOpenGL, latest patched pygame2 and libsdl2 from the archive or is the code statically linked to the ones in the archive?

I tried to make it runnable without installing anything but python3.2 and python3-yaml.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2012, 02:59:54 pm »

Ah yes, I forgot. The path to the HUD font is hardcoded, and ubuntu-specific. That one will have to be edited. I'll make it configurable or something.

Also, on FPS numbers.
25 is without show_hidden, with zeddown = 4 (6 z-levels drawn every frame) and without debug (which draws another z-level).
All this on a subpar box with intel E2140 1.6Mhz and nvidia GT218. Should look better on contemporary hardware.
I program in python, tell me where it is hardcoded and I can change it while you are working on making it configurable.
I think I found it, line 316?

I have a i7 2600k and a GTX 560 Ti we will see how much of a difference that makes.

I tried to make it runnable without installing anything but python3.2 and python3-yaml.
I will try the oneric first that should be closest to my systems setup as far as fgtestbed is concerned.
I got
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./fgtestbed.py", line 43, in <module>
    from raw import MapObject, Designation
  File "/media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Test_Fortress/printmodeshader3/fgt-oneiric/fgtestbed/raw.py", line 32, in <module>
    import lxml.etree
ImportError: No module named lxml.etree
I will see if there is a module missing that might be installed by default in Ubuntu but on #!.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:09:21 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2012, 03:09:55 pm »

I program in python, tell me where it is hardcoded and I can change it while you are working on making it configurable.
I think I found it, line 316?
fgtestbed.py:316

Also py3sdl2.py:1055 , if you run it standalone (will need setting up environment, see fgt script). When run standalone, it displays a rainbow grid with a couple of hud panels, just to show that basic rendering works.

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »

I got
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./fgtestbed.py", line 43, in <module>
    from raw import MapObject, Designation
  File "/media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Test_Fortress/printmodeshader3/fgt-oneiric/fgtestbed/raw.py", line 32, in <module>
    import lxml.etree
ImportError: No module named lxml.etree
I will see if there is a module missing that might be installed by default in Ubuntu but on #!.

python3-lxml

I rewrote so much stuff in there I tend to forget exactly how much :(
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23