Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41

Author Topic: Runners of Hyperion -- one spots open  (Read 33968 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Runners of Hyperion -- one spots open
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:53:17 pm »

---\___IMPORTANT___/---> This game is based off of Elfin Refugees by Weirdsound, most of the credit for at least this first post should go him. Especially regarding character creation.

Titans, a rarely seen subspecies of Giant. The strongest of all non-magic races, but also the most easily influenced. The strongest titan, Hyperion, was originally a gentle pacifist, but demons took control of his naivety to convince him to wage war against the giants. At first the threat was passed off as a joke, but soon only Titans stood as the sole survivor of the giant race.
Realizing how valuable a tool Hyperion was, the demons convinced him to wage war against the world, and soon all races were faced with a choice: eradicate the titans, and fully exterminating the giants, or run and fight only when confronted. Those who chose the path of war were of the strongest of their kind, but only barely managed to fend off the growing race of super-humans. Soon, those who stayed for war had to begin retreating, and are currently being overwhelmed as they retreat.

Your group chose to run, and fled to a cave even the corrupt Hyperion feared entering. Inside your group fought through waves of the monsters that couldn't exist in the light. The only safety the group could find was at a dragon's nest, nothing would ever dare fight a dragon in its own nest, which is exactly what keeps Hyperion out of this cave.
Eventually, not even the blessings of the dragons can keep the group safe, and an ogre wipes out most of the group. You remaining few make it to the end of the cave, and pass through one of the few remaining ancient Travel Gates in the world. You come out at what can only be considered an abandoned castle of the long-dead Mage King. The magical traps that would normally decimate your remaining group have faded, but the locks are still mostly intact.
One of the group turns off the Travel Gate, and begins mapping out the first floor.

There are 20 doors on this massive floor, only three of which can be opened. The corridor you are in has four doors on the east wall, three on the west. Where a fourth door would be on the west wall is a hallway leading to another area that has been identified as the King's Garden. There are nine doors in this room, one of which leads into the courtyard, another leads into a kitchen where the remaining doors are located. Back in the corridor your group landed in, the farthest door on the eastern wall leads into a barracks.
Your group meets back at the courtyard, where it is discovered that the castle sits on a mountain in the mana realm, the second of three realms, an area Hyperion can't reach. The castle overlooks a massive lake to the east, an ancient forest to the far west, and in the center is what looks like a Spirit Lair. The mountain is a crescent that boxes in the forest and Spirit Lair, opening up to the ocean. What looks like an abandoned harbor city can be seen using the mounted viewing scope in the courtyard. And thus begins the first day of the Runners.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
There will be eight spots available for players to join, but only five spots need to be filled for the game to start. I'll start an OOC thread once four people have joined. Character creation found here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:59:37 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Runners of Hyperion
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »

In as Brier the technomancer. This should be pretty fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:28:03 pm »

PM'd mine. Erkom the engineer-scholar-blacksmith-mage-thing.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:46 pm »

So many elves...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 12:16:25 am »

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Good luck Lillipad.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 12:24:41 am »

OK, I sent something unique and something actually making me think. Please accept...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 05:20:16 am »

In as a Amazonian Elven Warrior Queen!  :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 05:21:59 am »

So we have a Technomancer, a Shaman, and a Warrior Queen. At least we have a somewhat interesting group. Unless the technomancer happens to be an elf as well.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 05:43:13 am »

... Would a deep elf count as an elf?  :D

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 05:50:06 am »

...Yes. I was actually made to redo my character because he was a deep elf/dwarf half-breed who conducted experiments into combining magic and technology. I wrote him up before I realized that there was someone with nearly the exact same character.  Meh, I like my new character better.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 06:40:01 am »

Humans:
cons:
-can't grow a beard

Excuse me?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 03:07:39 pm »

...Yes. I was actually made to redo my character because he was a deep elf/dwarf half-breed who conducted experiments into combining magic and technology. I wrote him up before I realized that there was someone with nearly the exact same character.  Meh, I like my new character better.

Sinpwn's character was the one I had you resend your character over. It's almost disturbing how similar they both were, it's like you were both the same person, but trying to mess with me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 04:40:40 pm »

So, how many players do we have now? I'm seeing 3 that posted in the thread, at least.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 04:45:14 pm »

Two finished characters, and one being finished.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runners of Hyperion -- Need two more
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 07:27:42 pm »

Man I hope we get the last two chars. It's tough to get a game started on the RP forum.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41