Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Cirque Du ‼SCIENCE‼  (Read 17467 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cirque Du ‼SCIENCE‼
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 10:13:10 pm »

What is the unseen layer thing?  Come at it from the bottom without seeing what it is?  Or come from above a wall and channel through a native stone floor and into a slade wall?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 10:31:08 pm »

Yes.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 10:45:04 pm »

And can this be applied to SMR by chance?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:36 pm »

Yes, though with mixed results.

The first time I dug down with the express intent of finding Hell, I ended up doing this and finding magma flows, which are basically red-hot brooks, albeit undiggable.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »

SMR boulders are magma?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 11:39:17 pm »

You can channel down into slade as well.  It removes the floor tile, but leaves the wall underneath it, which cannot be removed.  The way to harvest slade is to come at it from the bottom, isn't it?
Wouldn't it be possible to obsidianize it? Or possibly utilize cave-ins?

If so, we shall dig into HFS's HFS! And then release the clown's worst nightmares upon them!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 12:39:03 am »

You can channel down into slade as well.  It removes the floor tile, but leaves the wall underneath it, which cannot be removed.  The way to harvest slade is to come at it from the bottom, isn't it?
Wouldn't it be possible to obsidianize it? Or possibly utilize cave-ins?

If so, we shall dig into HFS's HFS! And then release the clown's worst nightmares upon them!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You sir have gone too far.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 12:53:39 am »

I don't think so. With the possible exception of adamantine, I think dropping a boulder on something is usually lethal.

Wrong. Items don't do damage when they fall on things.

Stonefall traps, bro. With the weight slade has, I'm pretty sure they'd make quite good trap-boulders. It doesn't have a lot of trade value though, right? You know, in case I'd ever want to start making profit out of the condensed evil residing in the bottom of the world.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:17 am »

OHMYGODYES!!!

I just found a spot with an adamantine shortsword and a volcano, and it's named... PunchMerchants! So cool! I'll be checking this place over the course of a while, so don't touch that dial!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 09:28:03 am »

PUNCH SOME MERCHANTS
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 09:34:12 am »

It would be pretty epic if someone mooded a slade warhammer... Would put PrideUnited to shame for good.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 09:37:43 am »

No modding is *technically* necessary, you just need to get lucky with a mood. Just hope that your hammerer never gets his hands on it...

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 09:41:37 am »

This is a slade warhammer. All craftswarfship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of slade and menaces with spikes of FEAR

All it needs now is a coating of magma-hot dragons blood. Maybe some particularly virulent contact syndrome on the head.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 09:47:21 am »

This is a slade warhammer. All craftswarfship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of slade and menaces with spikes of FEAR

All it needs now is a coating of magma-hot dragons blood. Maybe some particularly virulent contact syndrome on the head.

I'm pretty sure that death is the most likely syndrome when it contacts the head. At least until next version when there may (hopefully) be necromantic syndromes to mod in so that whoever wielded the warhammer would have an army of sunken-headed zombies at his command.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:24 am »

I'm pretty sure that death is the most likely syndrome when it contacts the head. At least until next version when there may (hopefully) be necromantic syndromes to mod in so that whoever wielded the warhammer would have an army of sunken-headed zombies at his command.

Shrunken? Dont you mean slithering, pulverised pancakes of flesh, brain matter and bone fragments? It would be like having your own army of undead afterbirth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9