Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Cirque Du ‼SCIENCE‼  (Read 17459 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Cirque Du ‼SCIENCE‼
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 09:50:57 am »

This is a slade warhammer. All craftswarfship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of slade and menaces with spikes of FEAR

All it needs now is a coating of magma-hot dragons blood. Maybe some particularly virulent contact syndrome on the head.

I'm pretty sure that death is the most likely syndrome when it contacts the head. At least until next version when there may (hopefully) be necromantic syndromes to mod in so that whoever wielded the warhammer would have an army of sunken-headed zombies at his command.

Shrunken? Dont you mean slithering, pulverised pancakes of flesh, brain matter and bone fragments? It would be like having your own army of undead afterbirth.
He said 'sunken'. Like when your car sinks into a bog. Or when ten hundred thousand pounds of stone hit you IN THE FACE

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 09:52:15 am »

This is a slade warhammer. All craftswarfship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of slade and menaces with spikes of FEAR

All it needs now is a coating of magma-hot dragons blood. Maybe some particularly virulent contact syndrome on the head.

I'm pretty sure that death is the most likely syndrome when it contacts the head. At least until next version when there may (hopefully) be necromantic syndromes to mod in so that whoever wielded the warhammer would have an army of sunken-headed zombies at his command.

Shrunken? Dont you mean slithering, pulverised pancakes of flesh, brain matter and bone fragments? It would be like having your own army of undead afterbirth.
He said 'sunken'. Like when your car sinks into a bog. Or when ten hundred thousand pounds of stone hit you IN THE FACE

Furthermore, that could imply some form of hilarious whack-a-mole system for creating minions. Smack head down into the crotch area, they die, they get back up as crotchfaced igors.

FUCKED UP MAH QUOTE
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:55:37 am by Wannazzaki »
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 09:53:48 am »

Well then. At least I know I'm going to be awake during my organic chemistry exam... even if I do wind up rocking back and forth and crying while taking it.

Also sunken or shrunken, both are wrong. Sunken's when someone's head gets caved in by a rock. Undead afterbirth is the appropriate description of concentrated evil colliding with your skull.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 09:55:35 am »

I don't think so. With the possible exception of adamantine, I think dropping a boulder on something is usually lethal.

Wrong. Items don't do damage when they fall on things.

Stonefall traps, bro. With the weight slade has, I'm pretty sure they'd make quite good trap-boulders. It doesn't have a lot of trade value though, right? You know, in case I'd ever want to start making profit out of the condensed evil residing in the bottom of the world.

Done some research on this back in .02 or so, slade boulders are essentially instakills when it comes to stonefall traps and catapults, with decent effects on iron-clad gobbos too.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 09:57:08 am »

Friggin camels... Even when what little brain they had rots away they know enough to aim for the head. Took all seven miners out like nothing. Oh well, time to reclaim.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 09:59:49 am »

I don't think so. With the possible exception of adamantine, I think dropping a boulder on something is usually lethal.

Stonefall traps, bro. With the weight slade has, I'm pretty sure they'd make quite good trap-boulders. It doesn't have a lot of trade value though, right? You know, in case I'd ever want to start making profit out of the condensed evil residing in the bottom of the world.

Done some research on this back in .02 or so, slade boulders are essentially instakills when it comes to stonefall traps and catapults, with decent effects on iron-clad gobbos too.

Rerailing a little, do the slade boulders load slower than other stones due to their weight? It would be amazing to launch hell itself at approaching armies, but if I'm only going to hit them once or twice I'd rather just pepper them with more mundane materials.

Good luck with the reclaim. Wait... how can you tell a camel's a camel if it's undead? Don't the humps rot away?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 10:07:57 am »

'Cause they can still try to spit at you. With zombie loogies.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 10:08:31 am »

Rerailing a little, do the slade boulders load slower than other stones due to their weight? It would be amazing to launch hell itself at approaching armies, but if I'm only going to hit them once or twice I'd rather just pepper them with more mundane materials.

Good luck with the reclaim. Wait... how can you tell a camel's a camel if it's undead? Don't the humps rot away?
Throw Hell at Hell's Hell and build Hell in Hell and conquer Hell's Hell with Hell!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 10:10:17 am »

Throw Hell at Hell's Hell and build Hell in Hell and conquer Hell's Hell with Hell!

Yo dawg. I heard you like hell so i put hell in your hell so you can have !!fun!! while you dwarf.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 10:23:45 am »

I've got it figured out, but I now realize that the potential slade stocks are severely more limited than I had thought. Check this out:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if you tunnel down then channel up into a slade wall, but only one that's surrounded by other wall, the middle wall will deconstruct into a boulder. It won't cause a cave-in, either, so that's excellent. This means that I can now get a reliable amount of slade for testing, and there's nothing those clowns down in candyland can do about it!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 11:38:33 am »

I remember hearing that sadly, in the current version stonefall traps are nearly useless, and while slade improves them they are still not very good.

Something you might try is constructing a slade wall and then seeing if you can deconstruct it normally.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 12:39:07 pm »

No modding is *technically* necessary, you just need to get lucky with a mood. Just hope that your hammerer never gets his hands on it...

I'm not quite sure, but I believe you misread.

It would be pretty epic if someone mooded a slade warhammer... Would put PrideUnited to shame for good.

This thread seems to have a lot of misreading. And slade.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 12:45:19 pm »

::) whoops. Oh well.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »

This thread seems to have a lot of misreading. And slade.
What does anything have to do with salad?

Any who, Yay slade! Could you, by any chance, make slade short-swords at a craft-dwarf's workshop?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »

Supposedly it doesn't show up for that stuff, but I'm going to find out definitively.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9