Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DFCom - Utility (Beta) 1.2 Updated April 13  (Read 6227 times)

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFCom - Utility (Beta) 1.2 Updated April 13
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

*This is a Obsidian program. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. The program menaces with spikes of 1's and 0's. Below the program is an image of a programmer feverently typing.*

New version. BACK UP YOUR OLD INI!

Get 1.2 from DFFD! http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=104

DFCOm Does not alter memory, it just feeds it key presses.

Changes to 1.2: Image Viewer, the prefabs now have images or instructions, to view, highlight a command and hit the "Show Image" button. Hit the button again to hide the image window. Other changes just some minor code tweaks.

Screenshot of new image feature at bottom of this post

[Older Stuff]

Update April 12:
Added some screenshots to bottom of post...

Update April 11:

New version 1.1 BETA. BACK UP YOUR OLD INI!
Get 1.1 from DFFD! http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=104

see the DF.INI for more new trick examples.

Changes..now has a {REPEAT} tag and a {PAUSE} tag (examples in the ini file)
these tags work with the new textboxes.

Putting a {PAUSE} tag in a long string of commands will stop keyboard buffer overflow. Experiment with a timer values that best suits your system.

in the directional arrows, you'll notice a little "F" in the corner, click the "F" and it will change to a "C" for Course mode, every click of the arrow in course mode moves your "X" cursor in DF 10 spaces in the clicking direction. Click the "C" to change it back to "F" (Fine mode) which moves the "X" cursor 1 space at a time.

The timer will run at different speeds on different computers, so test it out and use values that work for your computer.

Any questions post them here and I'll try to answer...

Thx,
Zep--

update 2: hint: if you click the timer countdown text while a command is running it will stop the command when the timer reaches the timer value you set. in case you notice something going horribly wrong, you can stop a {repeat} this way as long as you used a {pause} with it.

[Older stuff]

DFCom is a little something I cooked up today.

DFCom is a room creator, stone dumper, or whatever you need it to be. You code what you want into the ini file.

DFCom ONLY WORKS IN WINDOW MODE, not full screen.
DFCom Requires you have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.x or above.

Put your commands into the df.ini file. Look at the df.ini to figure out what you need to do. but a short example. ";" is a comment, The Name of the command is in brackets [Command Name], followed by the commands, special keys (up arrow, right arrow ,ENTER, SPACE, etc... must be enclosed in {}, letters and numbers can be put as is. (look at the file, you'll figure it out. I have a couple samples in the df.ini file for you to examine the structure.

code:

;a 5x5 workshop with south center doorway. this line is a comment
[D-Workshop 5x5]
{ENTER}
{DOWN}
{DOWN}
{DOWN}
{DOWN}
{RIGHT}
{RIGHT}
{RIGHT}
{RIGHT}
{ENTER}
{DOWN}
{LEFT}
{LEFT}
{ENTER}
{ENTER}
{DOWN}

So, let's start Dwarf Fortress, when it's up and running start DFCom. It should say it found the Dwarf Fortress window at the bottom if everything is running correctly.

Let's practice.
IN Dwarf Fortress select d and d for mine (make sure you are in a mineable area and not on the surface.
Highlight the 3x3 bedroom and click the "Do Command" button in DFCom.
Dwarf Fortress should now show your command being done.
(you can, after you create the room, select x from the d menu move the df "X" to the top left of the room and hit do command, the bedroom will now disappear)
Now try the 5x5 workshop!

You can use the 4 directional arrows buttons to move the df "X" cursor (when you are in the right df mode) and the 2 up and down arrows buttons to go up and down Z levels if you like. (this also assumes you haven't changed the default key settings)

PRO TIP: if you grab the bottom of the DFC window and pull it down, you'll see the commands DFCom intends to send when you push the "Do Command" button. I like to keep it shrunk, but that view is good for debugging your commands if they dont seem right.

I'm willing to add your rooms,commands, etc... to the default package should anyone be willing to send them to me.

Try to follow the convention in the df ini file.
let examine how i'd like it to be, lets use bedroom again.

[D-Bedroom 3x3]

the D means we must be in the designation menu before we click the command button. (if your building a room, you also want to make sure it's on "Mine"

other example
[K-Dumper 5x5]
You must be in the "k" look menu, when you hit "do command" it will set everything in a 5x5 area from the "X" cusor to be dumped.

If you download and test it and have any bugs or suggestions for future releases, let me know.

A list of the special keys you can use in the {} can be found here: http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/57/
I invented the {SPACE} tag because a blank space in the INI file looked dumb.

Thanks,
Zep--
ps, i'm a programmer, not a documenter              :)

[ April 13, 2008: Message edited by: Zep-- ]

ShunterAlhena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFCom - Utility (Beta) 1.2 Updated April 13
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

Nice one, will download! :)
fox has become enraged!

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

Let me know if it works for you ShunterAlhena.

Zep--

Idles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »

You should reupload the program at the Dwarf Fortress File Depot.

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Thanks for the DFFD Link, uploaded and changed download link in original post.

Zep--

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »

"DFC" also happens to be the abbreviation for Dwarf Fortress Companion. <_<

Just thought I'd put that out there.

t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

I'll come up with a proper name in the next release if there is any interest in it.

Thx,
Zep--

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:06:00 pm »

This is beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful.

I am recommending it in the Hydra game I just cooked up.

(Edit: How about DFcom for the acronym?)

[ April 10, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 07:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kogan Loloklam:
(Edit: How about DFcom for the acronym?)

Works for me..I had forgotten I gave it the name of DF Commander when I created it, so DFCOM fits.

Thx,
Zep--

Tacroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »

Not to knock on your hard work, but what's the fundamental difference between this and AutoHotKey?

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tacroy:
<STRONG>Not to knock on your hard work, but what's the fundamental difference between this and AutoHotKey?</STRONG>

You just had to tell him, didn't you?

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 05:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tacroy:
<STRONG>Not to knock on your hard work, but what's the fundamental difference between this and AutoHotKey?</STRONG>

I tried AHK and didn't care for it, that's why I created DFCom. And I'm guessing most regular DF players could not code a AH script, but I'm guessing it's easier for them to say OK...I press D, ENTER, DOWN DOWN DOWN RIGHT RIGHT
ENTER  to mine a simple room and put that in the INI file with a description.

Thye last script I tried for AHK , each room was a seperate file, and you had to remember what hot key loaded what room. In DFCom you have a list with descriptions.

Did you try the program?

Thx,
Zep--

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 09:26:00 am »

Hey Zep, think you can make multipliers work for it, like **12 execute the same command 12 times?
Also, I have noticed it doesn't continue after about 100 lines. This greatly limits the absolute size of a structure that can be built in one go. Any way to fix this? (Obviously I can make it 4 or more different commands, which I am, but still! I want to be able to dig an entire automated fortress at the push of a button! 100 commands won't even hold my jail cells.)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 11:21:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kogan Loloklam:
<STRONG>Hey Zep, think you can make multipliers work for it, like **12 execute the same command 12 times?
Also, I have noticed it doesn't continue after about 100 lines. This greatly limits the absolute size of a structure that can be built in one go. Any way to fix this? (Obviously I can make it 4 or more different commands, which I am, but still! I want to be able to dig an entire automated fortress at the push of a button! 100 commands won't even hold my jail cells.)</STRONG>

Repeat: I added this in today as a matter of fact with a {REPEAT} tag

I Also added a {PAUSE} tag that controls a timer.

When you pull the window down there will be 2 extra textboxes, one you enter the pause time, the other the number of repeats.

The pause tag might help with your other problem, large sets of commands are overflowing the keyboard buffer I imagine, perhaps the new pause command inserted into large commands will help. I will investigate this further next week if the new {Pause} Command doesn't fix that.

I will upload the new version after work tonight, about 5-6pm EST.

Thx,
Zep--

Zep--

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

repeat anbd pause as it works now is like this. (these new commands will be in tonights version.)

;from the Units menu
[U-Dwarf Thoughts]
{REPEAT}
v
{ENTER}
{PAUSE}
{SPACE}
{SPACE}
{DOWN}

repeat is a top level command only, you cannot insert it into the middle of a set of instructions...

Say we have 7 in the Repeat textbox. The above command would let you view the thoughts of all 7 Dwarfs with a slight pause between each dwarfs thoughts based on your pause timer value so you could read it before it shows the next dwarfs thoughts.

If you wanted to repeat a designation like mineing, the last part of your mineing command should position the "X" where you want the new repeat to begin. (up 4 right 2, or however big your rooms is)

So you could build 7 bedrooms in a row for example if it had the repeat tag in it.

Thx,
Zep--

Pages: [1] 2