Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2nd/3rd level decorations  (Read 2248 times)

Elethiomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd/3rd level decorations
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 10:28:00 pm »

I like the plusses. It's suggestive of tiles to me, though, rather than smooth floor.
 good signature is a concise and original summary of personality. This is not a good signature.

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 12:27:00 am »

yeah I think the first detailing with +'s looks pretty orderly compared to the original. But when I accidentally detailed something twice, I thought my screen was messing up or some bug was ocurring. It is definatly an interseting idea, carving pictures and what not. Maybe you can only carve pictures into walls and  after you do the floors for the second time put a little square ascii icon to represent nicer tiles, or the #?

alex_n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 02:01:00 am »

Another vote to have the detailed walls being configurable (in the init file).  They look weird.  Maybe have the regular detailed walls the regular symbols just different colors *and* an option to paint them up with pictures? Would be nice to have some paintings (but not *everywhere*.

Oh and the first time I detailed floors, I thought I had spawned *doors* all over the place....too much *band, too much *band.

Pages: 1 [2]