Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 122984 times)

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
kingdoms: web-based RPG
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:02:44 am »

Obligatory link to new thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148512.0

I found this game in TIGForum: http://kingdoms-game.com/

Features
  • Dynamic, graphical, grid-based world to explore. Over time, the world evolves based on actions by the players
    Hoards of monsters to fight
  • Thousands of unique items to find
  • Dungeons that appear and disappear over time
  • Begin with 5 characters, but recruit more (or sell your old ones) as you need to
  • Shape the world yourself by seizing control of towns, becoming mayor, setting taxes, buying defences, and much more
  • For the ultimate in power, form your own Kingdom, and play politics against the other kings and queens of the realm
    Much more - you'll have to play the game to discover everything!

Very B12  :P
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:31:00 am by dehimos »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:19:37 am »

Is this one of those games where you have to wait for movement points or w/e to replenish per day?

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:30:51 am »

Is this one of those games where you have to wait for movement points or w/e to replenish per day?

You begin with 400 "turns". Every hour you get more turns.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:07:50 am »

I'm actually having quite a bit of fun with this one currently.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 04:40:59 am »

It's an interesting game - I'll keep poking at it for a little bit. I haven't died to anything yet, but not really sure what I'm doing. I don't like that I have to fight around sewers to level 3 before I can take the first possible quests.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:18:12 am »

I am verily impressed by this game so far.

- Smooth, easy, quick interface.
- Easy everything to understand, well done!
- A future-goal: Experiment with these... "Bricks", "Lumber" and so forth!
- "Change Allegiance to: "Be freemen"? Awesome.
- Simple XP + Gold System
- Seemingly massive play zone.

My Party is called Antiquity Games, if anybody haps across me. Currently in the sewers :O

Playing it here: www.livestream.com/azkanan
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 07:22:02 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 08:50:42 am »

for me, the only problem is that you can't make the characters more unique: add skills, habilities random, etc...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 09:21:40 am »

In as the "Crimson Sickle" Party, currently in the kingdom of Staberinde. My party members just hit level 2 and I'm looking forward to adventuring for real before long.
Are there any plans to possible create our own kingdom at some point?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 09:25:24 am »

In as the "Crimson Sickle" Party, currently in the kingdom of Staberinde. My party members just hit level 2 and I'm looking forward to adventuring for real before long.

A kingdom I do have planned, currently working towards a Garrison. I can't remember the town name I am currently at, I'll post it when I get back home...
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 11:05:50 am »

A kingdom I do have planned, currently working towards a Garrison. I can't remember the town name I am currently at, I'll post it when I get back home...

I'm currently in Flourlake(61,2), just west of Upperbit(67,2) in Staberinde so I'm about as northernly as can be. But like I said, just hit level 2 so its going to be a while before I can do anything useful and its not like we can help each other much anyway.
I'm guessing it would make the most sense to stay loyal to my kingdom for now and get some quests from king Gotrek the Slayer, then strike out on my own later when I'm a bit more experienced.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 12:07:40 pm »

I'm currently at Southern Citadel (8,7), pretty much as far North-West as you can go.  Have a quest to hit my first dungeon, which is located at (1,2).  My group is One-Eyed Goat if you happen to run across.  :P

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »

Fantastic. "Go train on rats in the sewers first!". Except they only ever spawned once and now I can either go out into the wilderness and lose at least one person in battle (and then spend 100 gold on reviving them) or sit around and pray for the fucking rats to spawn in an otherwise empty sewer. Awesome.

Am I missing something? Is there a secret passage in that sewer that leads to a second level that ain't totally empty? Cause I've searched every cell of the sewer at least twice and found nothing.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 01:32:44 pm »

I suggest we all meet up at a town in the center of the map, just off the coast of that big blue blob which I'm guessing is a sea of sorts.

Meet on the west of there, at some point.

--

Also, train your guys on the sewers to level 2. Spell casters seem to be a fancy-worth-nothing, seeing as a Dwarf Warrior steamrolls everything.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 01:40:12 pm »

From what I have gleaned from the mostly dead forums, archers can be the strongest of the bunch.  Two attacks per turn, plus amazing dodge.  I, too, completely regret my mage.  I'm up to six characters, once I hit my 8 limit I plan to either be sitting at 3 warriors, 3 archers, 1 priest, and 1 mage, but if that mage continues to be rather useless, I'll replace him with another archer.

Also, if your sewers suck, move to a different town.  My starting town had lame sewers, but the second town I visited had a sewer with three treasure chests all on level one.  Made thousands of gold selling the potions that respawned in them.  Also, finding a town with high prosperity meant instead of one or two equipment shops, there were six full ones.  Towns seem to be relatively close, I've found four so far in around a 20ish tile radius.

Mutant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 02:51:48 pm »

Hi,

I'm the developer of Kingdoms. Just wanted to say thanks for checking it out. I'm happy to answer questions here or in the game's forums.

A skills system is planned, but will probably be a couple of months before I get to it (I do releases about once a month - this is a hobby project for me!).

As for the sewers - that's a new feature so probably needs a bit of tweaking. I'll try to make it so that rats spawn more often there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 135