Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to get FB without caverns?  (Read 2712 times)

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to get FB without caverns?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 12:07:39 am »

"a point to consider when thinking about removing caverns." - it is my reason to disable caverns, I hate almighty purple mushrooms, A-wizard-did-it underground grass etc. But I still want FB.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, undergrounds plants violates willing suspension of disbelief, but perpetually aflame, winged snails with acid blood are a-okay, then.

Huh.

Anyway, just go into the RAWS, open plant_standard and grasses, hit Ctrl-H, type SUBTERRANEAN_WATER into the first box, leave the second box blank, and hit Replace All for each .txt file. The plants no longer have a biome and will not appear.

You might want to add [OUTDOOR_PLANTS] to the dwarves under entity_default so that they don't starve to death though since it totally removes their ability to grow food or produce alcohol otherwise.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 12:15:07 am »

Well, they are fine on the world without caverns (but maybe game checks only existence of plants, not whatever it is possible to farm them?). And willing suspension of disbelief is funny thing - flying murderous machines formed from sport cars are OK but during Hollywood hacking I was laughing hard (latest Transformers movie).
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 09:52:47 am »

What about building your fort on a mountain biome where nothing will grow?
Pages: 1 [2]