Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF? Current list, including list of fixed bugs: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94802.msg3089089#msg3089089

impossible mandates (slade - bug #782, blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623) due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)
- 19 (3.1%)
bug #3169 - Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #524 - Liquid glob material breath attacks come out solid
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #1346 - Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #2352 - Seasonal ice melting hangs game for a ridiculously long time
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #296 - Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #425 - Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2481 - Dwarves will claim new clothes when theirs is worn (xClothesx) but not wear it
- 95 (15.7%)
bug #3453 - Baron/etc. cannot appoint baron-appointed nobles, such as the Dungeon Master
- 66 (10.9%)
bug #4025 - Every kobold starves to death at exactly year 4 in world gen
- 41 (6.8%)
bug #3708 - Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings
- 18 (3%)
bug #1498 - Crystal glass items can't be made, CRYSTAL_GLASSABLE appears broken
- 9 (1.5%)
bug #1582 - Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors
- 30 (4.9%)
bug #231 - Body parts from large creatures (bones, meat, leather, tusks, etc) slow workshops down due to clutter
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #197 - No wagons in trader/merchant caravans
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #3942 - Dwarves owning broken clothing. Clothes don't rot, ANNIHILATES FPS.
- 67 (11%)
bug #3685 - Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 3 (0.5%)
bug #1376 - Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 5 (0.8%)
Lye, water and buckets  (bug #1324 - buckets full of water were used to produce lye, bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable, bug #1236 - buckets contain lye and water, can't be used for anything)
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #535 - Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 46 (7.6%)
bug #3898 - Entire Bone Statcks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2712 - weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 27 (4.4%)
bug #4133 - Good/evil plants/trees don't appear (feather trees, glumprongs, sliver barbs, and sun berries)
- 11 (1.8%)
bug #2327 - Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #4550 - Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #4552 - Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 10 (1.6%)
bug #4833: When embarking, crashes when memory use reaches 2GB.
- 6 (1%)
bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]
- 0 (0%)
bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings
- 2 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 604

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: clothes fixed! | old poll results | poll restarted | 344/607 fixed  (Read 39233 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Next poll

Bugs sorted by number of votes: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94802.msg3004185#msg3004185 list for a new edition: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94802.msg3089089#msg3089089

Based on bugs mentioned in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74827.0 and http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80514.0 - but all "why you ignored this terrible bug?" are welcomed!

Note to self: watchlist is stored in Buglist account on bug tracker.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:06:52 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

AWellTrainedFerret

• Bay Watcher
  • An Axe Knight draws near!
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - poll
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:03 pm »

I had to vote for the military equip system because in my experiences, it's caused the most fort losses. Axedwarf/woodcutters not using the same axe, crossbowdwarfs not using their bolts, and dwarfs simply not wearing their assigned armor. Most the other bugs have work-arounds and the performance drop issues don't apply unless your fort can survive long enough for it to matter without a functioning military.
The Axe Knight attacks before you are ready!
The Axe Knight chants the spell of SLEEP!
Thou art asleep.
Pepare'th thine anus.
Axe Knight hath no lube.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:19:47 pm »

The worst thing is probably the clothing bug - IIRC someone found that once a dwarf's clothes started to wear away, that dwarf looked for new clothing to wear every frame. Imagine what that means for a large population with nothing to wear.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kastrol Aslaasri

• Bay Watcher
  • Endut! Hoch Hech!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »

Poor little Kobolds  :'(
She was also sad that her father's corpse was rotting in his bedroom, but that's a minor inconvenience.
I love this game so much.

TantrumTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:00 pm »

The most annoying bug for me is the way corpses and parts of large animals clutter a workshop.
Somewhere along the way this innocent thread about cheese went horribly, horribly wrong.
I'd say it's par for the course. Did you see that crundle thread? That one started out wrong.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 01:18:17 pm »

Giant Cave Spiders

Well, it was close, but the blunt weapons bug is probably #1 for me. I've never had any formal training, but I'm sure that if I swung a steel hammer, I'd crack an uncovered skull and probably make a satisfying ring emit from a helmeted one. With fixed blunt weapons comes a fixed whip (which was also pretty high on my list, ever since the master lasher incident. *shiver*)

However the clothing related bugs are a serious issue, but I presume they will get fixed once the economy kicks back in. That's the only reason why I didn't vote for them. Also because I modded them out once I saw these issues :P

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 03:05:00 pm »

One to add to the list- lye reaction using water buckets, becoming useless without a workaround.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »

I wish Toady could answer the "why did you ignored this terrible bug" with some "you don't know shit about the code or the development plan so go mind your own business" but he is too polite (and he really needs the money).

Threads just asking the worst bug are fine, though.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 04:25:26 pm »

bug #1346 - Adamantine thread used for suturing.

Can we vote for best bug on the list? Cause I love that one.

Seriously though, I voted for "injured dwarves in hospital ignored by idle doctors" - unlike many of the bugs it can't be worked around or fixed in a mod, and it has the most tangible, practical effect on the game.
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 07:30:18 pm »

Definitely kobolds.  :-[
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 07:32:06 pm »

I miss the Kobolds  :(
...Said Bloxace.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »

I vote for one not listed: Marksdwarf behavior (failing to reload and walking to the wrong side of the wall)
Soaplent green is goblins!

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 08:54:19 pm »

I want to vote for 2481 and 3492 simultaneously.  It just bothers me that they do that.  I actually didn't know doctors ignoring patients was a bug and not a quirk of the AI.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 12:09:35 am »

The most annoying bug for me is the way corpses and parts of large animals clutter a workshop.
I replaced
bug #2676 - Fatty tissue has same melting point as rendered fat/tallow, which is far too low (0 votes)
with
bug #231 - Body parts from large creatures (bones, meat, leather, tusks, etc) slow workshops down due to clutter

One to add to the list- lye reaction using water buckets, becoming useless without a workaround.
and replaced
bug #3319 - <SPOILER> Merged with Cavern Layer and Magma Sea (0 votes)
with
Lye, water and buckets  (bug #1324 - buckets full of water were used to produce lye, bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable, bug #1236 - buckets contain lye and water, can't be used for anything)

I wish Toady could answer the "why did you ignored this terrible bug" with some "you don't know shit about the code or the development plan so go mind your own business" but he is too polite (and he really needs the money).
It was intended as "why this bug was omitted from this list", not as "I want all bugs fixed! Now! Urist McPlayer has gone berserk!" (maybe here grammar is broken in way that distorted meaning)

I vote for one not listed: Marksdwarf behavior (failing to reload and walking to the wrong side of the wall)
Is it "2697: Military dwarfs won't shoot through fortifications (though hunters will)"?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:16:05 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 12:30:30 am »

All of the game bugs that force you to alter or not use a part of the game in order to maintain functionality or your sanity are the worst.

Not wearing new clothes despite dropping xWorn-Outx clothes forcing you to put everyone into a military squad with the uniform clothing of the fortress, the inability to assign a Dungeon Master and forcing you to change all [PET_EXOTIC] to normal [PET] tags (i voted this, because you have to change the raws to fix it; a task that can take a while even with the replace text function) and all the other similar ones are the worst.

Piddly crap like "Dodging into open space" and "adamantine threads for suturing" arn't even bugs, it's either an intentional part of gameplay (all the way back from 2D's chasm and falling-to-death) or something that lacks an interface to control properly (ie: masterpeice cloth being used for dressings)
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11