Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF? Current list, including list of fixed bugs: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94802.msg3089089#msg3089089

impossible mandates (slade - bug #782, blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623) due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)
- 19 (3.1%)
bug #3169 - Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #524 - Liquid glob material breath attacks come out solid
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #1346 - Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #2352 - Seasonal ice melting hangs game for a ridiculously long time
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #296 - Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #425 - Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2481 - Dwarves will claim new clothes when theirs is worn (xClothesx) but not wear it
- 95 (15.7%)
bug #3453 - Baron/etc. cannot appoint baron-appointed nobles, such as the Dungeon Master
- 66 (10.9%)
bug #4025 - Every kobold starves to death at exactly year 4 in world gen
- 41 (6.8%)
bug #3708 - Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings
- 18 (3%)
bug #1498 - Crystal glass items can't be made, CRYSTAL_GLASSABLE appears broken
- 9 (1.5%)
bug #1582 - Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors
- 30 (4.9%)
bug #231 - Body parts from large creatures (bones, meat, leather, tusks, etc) slow workshops down due to clutter
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #197 - No wagons in trader/merchant caravans
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #3942 - Dwarves owning broken clothing. Clothes don't rot, ANNIHILATES FPS.
- 67 (11%)
bug #3685 - Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 3 (0.5%)
bug #1376 - Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 5 (0.8%)
Lye, water and buckets  (bug #1324 - buckets full of water were used to produce lye, bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable, bug #1236 - buckets contain lye and water, can't be used for anything)
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #535 - Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 46 (7.6%)
bug #3898 - Entire Bone Statcks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2712 - weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 27 (4.4%)
bug #4133 - Good/evil plants/trees don't appear (feather trees, glumprongs, sliver barbs, and sun berries)
- 11 (1.8%)
bug #2327 - Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #4550 - Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #4552 - Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 10 (1.6%)
bug #4833: When embarking, crashes when memory use reaches 2GB.
- 6 (1%)
bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]
- 0 (0%)
bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings
- 2 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 604

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: clothes fixed! | old poll results | poll restarted | 344/607 fixed  (Read 39296 times)

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: clothes fixed! | old poll results | collecting bugs for the next poll
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »

I feel these two are the most important since combat can determine whether a fort dies:

bug #4552 - Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders  {Most Important}

bug #2712 - weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butterbug   {2nd Most Important}

Is this where we vote or does another location exist?

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2012, 07:49:09 pm »

well, 535 could get you killed while your idiots run back and forth looking for armor - but so long as you're careful not to put miners or woodcutters into the military you can get them kitted out and they wont usually change much...
1582 is very annoying - though i've seen people post 'cage and release in hospital' solutions (innovative, but absurd) - it's cost me dwarves in the past (esp when the injured party is a diagnostician)
296 is bad, but only really hurts if we're talking 'beware his deadly blood' scenarios - and you can use dfhack to clean things if you're really annoyed
i thought 4230 was fixed - i havent had to declare soap making through the manager in a long time
for me though, 3708 is the killer. There's no workaround and it's a potential fort destroyer. I've lost a half dozen otherwise perfectly fine forts to rampaging dead caravan guard ghosts - now when i see a dead guard i just abandon.  Until toady fixes this one the game is just a frustration timebomb waiting to happen.  The only really truly challenging and fun fort i've had was one where my dwarven civ died - so there were no migrants, no caravans, and no slabs required.  It lasted 19 years.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2012, 12:06:12 pm »

This one is huge for me:

Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5097

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:59 pm »

If we're adding bugs...

New towns produce extremely limited quantities of wood, stone, and metal, resulting in almost all shops being clothing shops, and essentially no armor or weapons or even furniture shops, and those that do exist having no equipment.

Old shops and houses are never reclaimed - any worldgen with enough history has almost the entire city consist of "Abandoned Shop"s even though the population is in the thousands - populations live on the roof of the castle, instead.

Clothing not worn by characters is always made for SIZE 70,000 creatures, meaning that no goods in shops are sized for anything but humans, even when they are dwarves or goblins or any sort of modded creature, and even if you mod human-sized creatures entirely out of the game.

There's also one about popluation pool characters respawning - so if you clear out a dungeon, the bandit leader you killed will stay dead, but all the minions respawn each time you fast travel or sleep.  Likewise, if you murder an entire town, the peasants just respawn if you step away from town for a little while. 

Here we go, mantis is back up...
#5106 is the bug with cloning worldgen population pool characters.  It also results in infinite cloned recruitable companions if they are not historical, incidentally. 

I'd also like to put up an oldie of mine - the pain problems.  4590 - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling, and then slowly bleeds to death over roughly 3 game years. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:29:06 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2012, 11:16:21 pm »

This is my pick for new bug of the year:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5595

In a terrifying biome, a were-creature comes and starts a cycle of infecting undead with lycanthropy, and when they are killed and torn to pieces, the pieces resurrect and heal completely.  This creates clones of the were-zombies which eventually also get smashed in combat, creating more clones.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2012, 02:21:16 am »

This is my pick for new bug of the year:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5595

In a terrifying biome, a were-creature comes and starts a cycle of infecting undead with lycanthropy, and when they are killed and torn to pieces, the pieces resurrect and heal completely.  This creates clones of the were-zombies which eventually also get smashed in combat, creating more clones.

Added.

If we're adding bugs...

New towns produce extremely limited quantities of wood, stone, and metal, resulting in almost all shops being clothing shops, and essentially no armor or weapons or even furniture shops, and those that do exist having no equipment.

Old shops and houses are never reclaimed - any worldgen with enough history has almost the entire city consist of "Abandoned Shop"s even though the population is in the thousands - populations live on the roof of the castle, instead.

Clothing not worn by characters is always made for SIZE 70,000 creatures, meaning that no goods in shops are sized for anything but humans, even when they are dwarves or goblins or any sort of modded creature, and even if you mod human-sized creatures entirely out of the game.

There's also one about popluation pool characters respawning - so if you clear out a dungeon, the bandit leader you killed will stay dead, but all the minions respawn each time you fast travel or sleep.  Likewise, if you murder an entire town, the peasants just respawn if you step away from town for a little while. 

Here we go, mantis is back up...
#5106 is the bug with cloning worldgen population pool characters.  It also results in infinite cloned recruitable companions if they are not historical, incidentally. 

I'd also like to put up an oldie of mine - the pain problems.  4590 - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling, and then slowly bleeds to death over roughly 3 game years. 
Added to the www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94802.msg3089089#msg3089089

I am stopping adding new bugs, as now we have 4 more bugs than on previous list. Thanks for submissions!
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2012, 06:55:07 pm »

I am stopping adding new bugs, as now we have 4 more bugs than on previous list. Thanks for submissions!
Agreed... there's a difference between adding your biggest pain point bug and just spamming this thread with four or five random bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]