Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Planepacked the second?  (Read 1558 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Planepacked the second?
« on: October 30, 2011, 05:43:57 am »

So I'm playing my most recent fort and one of my random peasants has a strange mood. He ran down to my magma/adamantine works and grabs one of my thread extraction craftdwarfs shops. He grabs a few raw adamantine and I zoom off to deal with an ambush.

I go back down to restart my extraction project and notice that he's still there, gathering resources. I check the contents of the building and see almost three pages of resources, with no sign of the dorf stopping.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think my fortress value is going to skyrocket when this dwarf finishes.

EDIT: Just had a power outage, so I lost a few months on this fort. Fortunately, the backup was saved just after he mooded, so he's still gathering stuff.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:52:19 am by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Planepacked the second?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 06:53:55 am »

Burrow restrictions in place? It'll cause this.

And you best pray to Armok he doesn't make an adamantine hammer  :P

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:59:56 am »

Or an adamantine thong. Or an adamantine drum. Or anything that's not furniture, a blade, or armor, really. And probably not chainmail.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:39:02 am »

I have a burrow in place but it's not active. I think I might have activated it while he was collecting resources, but it's inactive at the moment.

I hope he makes an adamantine hammer. I've always wanted to watch a dismembered elf getting slowly boffed to death by a psychotic legendary hammer wielding dwarf.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:04:50 pm »

If dwarf is restricted to a burrow that doesn't contain the workshop he claimed, this will happen. He will keep gathering the materials from said burrow ad infinitum. Note that it only applies to the first, base material of the artifact, so stone boulders in case of stonecrafter's mood.
To stop him remove him from the burrow, or add the workshop to the burrow, or remove the burrow. He will then stop gathering the base material, get others he wanted for decorations and finally start the work.

Since he claimed a craftsdwarf workshop he won't make furniture, but something more useless like mug, jug, craft, toy or instrument.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:07:48 pm by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 05:39:06 pm »

I have a burrow in place but it's not active. I think I might have activated it while he was collecting resources, but it's inactive at the moment.

I hope he makes an adamantine hammer. I've always wanted to watch a dismembered elf getting slowly boffed to death by a psychotic legendary hammer wielding dwarf.

You really don't, I had my dwarves make an adamantine crossbow (Absolutely AWESUM), and an adamantine war hammer.... Luckily, my computer crashed and I had reload everything, and the moody dwarf instead made a jade portal.

And so it was then I realised I was the lord of all doors.