Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any roleplayers?  (Read 1739 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Any roleplayers?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 08:57:42 am »

I'm a roleplayer, mostly the forum variety. I've been on a couple of them (although I've dropped out of most of them since they require a lot of time commitment), although my big one is the one for my region in NationStates.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 09:17:35 am »

I was introduced to some tabletopish rping on this forums... Though I've played simple d6 games when I was a kid, as well as done some systemless play-by-post roleplaying with an online community some years back. Don't rp so much in computer games, though, even ig RPGs are my favourite genre. Mostly because they are so limited by their nature. Kinda hard to play a role when the game doesn't recognise or acknowledge that you are, so it mostly ends up being just personality/drive.
Love, scriver~

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 11:29:55 am »

I like to try running tabletop roleplaying games. Currently, I'm thinking of running something while I've got a holiday, since I'm living somewhere where the weekends are Friday and saturday, while Janet and Shadow's weekends are the usual weekend, it usually makes things hard to find a timeslot that works for all.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 01:53:57 pm »

Bay12 is awesome because a lot of the roleplayer's here don't really give a shit if their character dies, and they just focus on making the overall story better.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:49 pm »

I actually know an excellent RP forum where people aren't just willing to kill of their characters, but ultimately almost always have to. Granted, it was based off of Battle Royale, but whatever.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 05:15:08 pm »

People here actual know what a mary sue character is.

Sorry.. but what is a mary sue character?  I've liked the idea of RP, but never really done it before.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »

People here actual know what a mary sue character is.

Sorry.. but what is a mary sue character?  I've liked the idea of RP, but never really done it before.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

RPed a bit. Not particularly good at it.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 05:26:05 pm »

I love roleplaying! :D I do plenty of it on here... Hell, I'm doing it right now, playing Rogue Trader through IRC.
Try the Forum Games & Roleplaying forum, good stuff there.

Also I used to roleplay on sites such as Gaia Online, some little independent Tolkien site and even Neopets when I was a kid. Infact, Neopets was both where I first started roleplaying, and where I thought up this username, which I've used everywhere since So don't knock Neopets! :P
And RPI MUDS are great fun. (Role Playing Intensive MUDs.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 [2]