Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your favorite dead adventurer and your memorial for them.  (Read 3316 times)

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
Your favorite dead adventurer and your memorial for them.
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:16:30 pm »

Mine was Binkis "Burnmaw" a male kobold. A simple kobold, he just wanted to help people. Before setting out to kill bandits, he made off with a swaglicous tiger coat and sabre. He killed most of his targets with the sabre. before being hacked into bits by their commander, Sasou Gloveeven. May he rest in pieces. 
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite dead adventurer and your memorial for them.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »

Powder Strength Swordsman, my third adventurer, and the second I knew what I was doing with. HE was a demigod with a strength-centric attribute set, and with literally every skill point poured into Swordsman. I've told his story sevral times before, but alone (this was before I knew about companions, he went and got sseveral bandit camps to kill and a night creature. After slaying the night creature in a long duel, he went to kill the first bandits, but running by a river, a sutrgeon came out of nowhere and ripped his foot off. After a close moment of worry, he survived the bleeding and went crawling towards the bandit camp. Alas, he wasn't fast enough, and he was set upon by bogeymen. So, footless on the ground, still faint from blood loss, he took his scimitar and in a hail of slices, hacked limbs and heads and tore bogeymen asunder. Their punches and kicks bruised him all over, yet he fought and beat the wave, continuing to make it to the bandit camp. There, footless and a bruised mess, he fought his way through the bandit minions, slicing apart the boss. He then went to the next bandit camp, and although he was now pretty much healed, he still was crawling, speed lssened as he dragged his foot on the ground. He proceeded to cut through the ignoble thieves anyway, cutting the crossbowman boss's head in half with his copper scimitar. Victorious, he headed back towards town, only to be set upon by bogeymen. Although he cut half of the wave apart in his desperation, he was eventually punched in the lungs one time too many, and he suffocated.

May he be remembered as a shining example for my adventurers.

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »

Well shit. That makes even my best adventurer (human who killed an entire fortress) look like a sissy.
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:27 pm »

Zedku Justiceknife. He killed almost 1 thousand people. He used a high-priest's shinbone to beat children with. When he was done with them, they were burned or strangled. He killed many human towns and eventually, goblin towns. He was killed by me pressing the "Give into starvation" button by accident :(. He was supposed to kill everything :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »

Thanks. Swordsmen have always been my best adventurers for osme reason, as the agility one survived for a while and then I lost him because there was nothing else to slay (pocket world with screwy settings, everything minimum) and my computer went into fake-hibernation really just plain offness when I came back to it the next day, and my oughness one made it to fighting an elite bandit camp (quest given by the lord) where he was cut down.
Besides my toughness lasher who basically was the same as my toughness swordsmen, they tend to not go very well.
Also, :O at AoD. I imagine it must have been like this: I WILL KILL YOU AL- *drops dead as his stomach collapses in on itself randomly*

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 09:25:07 pm »

I'm a newb, but I will always remember Fel Irondagger (Not entirely undue to the fact that he had the most kickass randomly generated name ever) because, even though he had only been adventuring for two or so hours, he had the grandest death of all my heroes.

A demigod, because I couldn't even fathom surviving with hero or peasant, he was armed with only clothes, a copper shield, and his silver short sword. I believe flinging feces would have had the same effects as his attacks, but whatever. He had two companions, a loyal spearwoman and axeman.

After slaughtering the first group of bandits, Fel and crew went after another, but on the way something terrible happened: Ambush! Two lashers, a hammerman and a swordsman. My axeman was immediately set upon by the fiends, hacked to bits before he could land a single blow. My spearman was incapacitated by a rogue giraffe (DAMN YOU WILDLIFE!) and it was up to Fel to fight off the opponents. He grabbed the axeman's weapons and armor, donning the armor and hurling an ax at the nearest thug. It sliced through to bone, fracturing his right leg and crippling him. Not wasting any time, our hero put the first lasher into submission with a chokehold before running her through with his blade.

Two adversaries crippled, Fel turned his sights on the hammerman, and with a single strike to the throat the foe was send staggering back, gagging on his own blood. After that, Fel engaged the ringleader in one-on-one combat. The two duked it out, no holds barred and to the death. Right as Fel drove his sword into the scumbag's chest, the ringleader's flailing response struck a lucky blow on the head of Fel, and he toppled with nervous tissue damage. As the ringleader bled out, he managed to slay Fel, and so ended my best hero.

That death was total bullshit, though.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 01:47:45 am »

Let's see.

My first decent one:
Damin Acemourn the Slaughter of Righteousness:
A dwarven adventurer who slew hundreds before being taken down in the night by a kobold ambush. Damin was viewed as a superhero by nearly every country in the world when suddenly: "TUKULFRAGIS!" First, the kobolds ripped the sleeping Damin's arms off. Then they removed his legs. He somehow survived this but could only 'push' or bite, so he slew four kobolds while limbless. He died shortly after the kobolds began to flee.

Desi III through V.
I had a series of dwarves in the same world.
Desi I was a fort dwarf named after an internet friend- Desi I died dodging into a pool after a macaque attacked her, and she was shortly followed by another dwarf.
Desi II was a replacement in that same fort, who was crippled as a baby and passed out constantly (Similar to Kaveman from Syrupleaf), who died after being ripped to shreds by a hydra who attacked the fortress.
Desi III was the first adventurer. She was killed by bogeymen the instant she stepped foot outside the town.
Desi IV was the second adventurer. She died to the first 'master' she came across for a quest- one shotted...
Desi V did well until an infection in her finger killed her.
Desi VI hasn't died, though I retired her due to her crippling at the hands of goblins...

All three of the dead Desi Adventurers had a memorial in a fortress i made on the same world- then that world was destroyed in the 'Great Computer Crash of '11.'
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:23:28 am by Reudh »

Noozeelander

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 03:07:55 am »

Decided to try out a human outsider when I was a complete newb, but when I mercy-killed one of my companions (thinking this was a good idea) I wound up having to run to another country. After an epic two-night bogeyman chase, in which my adventurer was thrown off a five z-level cliff, ran down frozen rivers and ambushed by goblins (which proceeded to get slaughtered by bogeymen), I finally made it to civilisation. However, on my first quest in my new homeland, my unfortunate hero was hit in the head by a lucky shot from an anonymous bandit marksman, and died immediately.

A couple of adventurers later, and I get a quest to avenge my past character's death. When I arrive at the camp, I notice a group of goblins have already killed all the bandits, and their bodies (along with my character's skeleton) are lying on the ground or on pikes. I run in, grab my old adventurer's skeleton, and kill the goblins. After trying to think of a suitable way to memorialise my character, I took his bones to a river to lower them respectfully into the gurgling depths

Little did I know what lurked below.

A furious carp lept out of the water, seized my character's oldest companion, a swordsman with a badass title, and wrenched him into the river. Remembering the information I had read on magmawiki about the sheer deadliness of those freshwater fish, I threw everything in my inventory at the crypinidaeous horror: my dagger, my food supplies, some armour, a waterskin, my previous adventurer's body - wait, what?

The body of the human outsider exploded in a mess of bones and blood (I don't know where the blood came from either), crushing the fish and sinking to the bottom of the river, coated with a thick layer of carp blood. This done, I fast-travelled away, saving my companion from a watery demise.

Perhaps it wasn't the most respectful of memorials, but it was pretty damn dwarfy.