Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Do people consider demigod to be cheating?  (Read 6901 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Do people consider demigod to be cheating?
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 07:31:33 am »

Ugh. This feels like the time I was on Minecraft, and some kid posts on the forums "Do you think diamonds are cheating"?

I answer: NO. Also, to your question: NO. If it's implemented into the game, THEN IT IS NOT CHEATING. Jesus Christ!

On a side note: If the game you're playing isn't multiplayer, no matter what you do, there is no "Cheating." You are the god of Dwarf Fortress, and you can do whatever the hell you want. If I go on Minecraft and spawn myself a set of invulnerable diamond armor, am I cheating? If on multiplayer, YES. If on SINGLEPLAYER, no. No, no, no, NO.

I shall now go pet my kitty and stew in my rage.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 08:02:48 am »

Well, if it's breaking tge rules the developer intended for his creation, then it's cheating. It just doesn't matter if you cheat in single player.

But yeah, thinking demi-gods are cheating is just some form of elitism.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 08:56:44 am »

Well, if it's breaking tge rules the developer intended for his creation, then it's cheating. It just doesn't matter if you cheat in single player.

It also presents a sort of odd mindset I have seen in response to cheating. (Also you CAN cheat within the context of intended action. For example cheat codes)

For example I had an ENTIRE conversation on a website if item duplication, from a glitch, was cheating (I said it was). The odd part? The people saying it wasn't cheating were arguing as if cheating was "wrong" or "bad". In fact as I found the second my arguement shifted to "Cheating isn't a bad thing" suddenly their stances shifted to "maybe it is cheating".

When did Cheating become unquestionably bad?

Your not competing with anyone, Your wellbeing isn't riding on playing the game fairly, and no one is at risk from cheating including yourself.

I'll make a topic on this later.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 09:57:26 am »

It also presents a sort of odd mindset I have seen in response to cheating. (Also you CAN cheat within the context of intended action. For example cheat codes)

For example I had an ENTIRE conversation on a website if item duplication, from a glitch, was cheating (I said it was). The odd part? The people saying it wasn't cheating were arguing as if cheating was "wrong" or "bad". In fact as I found the second my arguement shifted to "Cheating isn't a bad thing" suddenly their stances shifted to "maybe it is cheating".

When did Cheating become unquestionably bad?

Your not competing with anyone, Your wellbeing isn't riding on playing the game fairly, and no one is at risk from cheating including yourself.

I'll make a topic on this later.
please don't, if anything this will spark more folks debating on which side is right and or wrong and derail into petty arguing.
So far no one is pressured to play a certain way here except for those challenges people post but then that just for Fun.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 10:54:03 am »

I meant a topic on how often "Cheating" is considered bad in any form when really it is all rather innocent if used in certain contexts. (Similar to how "Freedom" is often used as a unconditional good.)

Not a "prefered playstyle" topic where I am asking people who is a "legitimate" way of playing the game. That is uninteresting and stupid.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]