Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Dtil - Updated September 14th 2008 - 40d  (Read 38078 times)

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wiki.shiware.com
Dtil - Updated September 14th 2008 - 40d
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »

Last Update : v0.1.1.5 September 14th, 2008
Works on :
0.28.181.40d
0.28.181.40c
0.28.181.40a
0.28.181.39f
0.28.181.39e
0.27.176.38c

Requires .Net framework 2.0 or greater.

Download
Dtil Wiki page
Change Log

This release includes a framework for automatic variable detection that Jifodus is working on. I am sure he will be posting a plugin here later to try to implement automatic Memory.ini for new versions.

Newest Tools:
Digger : Made some changes. You should not have to pre allocate map blocks.
Reveal : Reveal/Hide entire map/map block/single tile
Vein Helper: Turn off those pesky "You have struck" messages, once and for all. Reveal every tile that has a vein. Transmute materials in veins. Make sure you do the "Mark whole bottom level for mining" trick needed for reveal.

Plugins are written in Boo, and can be created from the Plugin Editor tool. There should be enough samples in the tools I included to get the hang of Boo if you already know how to code. Plugin Editor tool requires SharpDevelop 2.2.

Screenshot (Out of date):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Launch the program then use Game->Attach to Process to tie into dwarfort.exe. The rest of the working options will appear afterwards.

Tools:
Memory Scanner : Developer utility to find memory values. Currently limited to Byte only.
Embark Editor : Pretty self explanatory. Multiple skills and/or dwarves may be selected at the same time for easy editing.
Digger : Create digging templates and insert them directly into the soil. Either go into look mode, or designation mode and press Insert to place the template. Currently limited to single Z level, but planned expansion for later.
Keyboard Macro : Record and playback keypresses. Make sure to type in a macro name before clicking save.
Unpause : When active, unpauses the game through the most common pause reasons (Finding ore, etc..). It will not unpause during digging, building workshops, etc. It will save the screen location when it is paused, which can be selected to jump to that location.
Bookmarks : Save and restore screen locations to jump to commonly used areas.
Tile Editor : Gives direct access to in game tiles. Allows for copy paste.
Plugin Editor - Edit and create new plugins!
SDK Properties - Show the SDK Object
Interpreter - Manipulate SDK Object directly with Boo. The _Memory variable is the SDK. This is temperamental, but a great aid to plugin writers.
Memory Search - View memory

The code is less rough, but no guarantees. If you have a problem, let me know.

[Update: 3D is disabled in 0.1]
The 3D view is still a work in progress, and while it would work OK if you have a single core machine, dual or greater will probably be necessary later on. The 3D view will update live as the game progresses Use WADS to move around, and q and e to change Z level. This will get more of my time after I get a few more tools written.

Suggestions/Requests are welcome, look in the Wiki for a page to put them in.
The source is available through SVN, with a public domain license.

If you like this program, donate (more) money to Toady to help keep him fed and happy.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:40:40 pm by Jorgon »

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: Dtil - Updated June 7th 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:31:00 pm »

**reads above post again**
**wipes a tear from his eye**
**ponders the ambition of young men**
**leaves quietly**
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

**opens post in new tab**
**clicks on new tab**
**ray of light from the sky falls upon my computer monitor as dwarven angels begin singing**

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Idiom:
<STRONG>**opens post in new tab**
**clicks on new tab**
**ray of light from the sky falls upon my computer monitor as dwarven angels begin singing**</STRONG>

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »

Ugh, how hard is it to type something new versus just quoting the person above you? Not only does it add nothing new to the topic, it's lazy and doesn't actually state your original intent in mimicking the poster. Are you agreeing? Are you confused? Are you randomly bashing keys? Is it some sort of cryptic request for rescue from unnamed and possibly sexually deviant captors? WHAT!?

*wanders off muttering and babbling about the internoot*

Ahem.

Good stuff. Very useful ^^

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Wow.  You got so tired of waiting for Toady to do the presentation arc, you're doing it yourself.

I'm blown-away impressed.

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »

It isn't so much as "Tired Waiting For Toady". I think he is doing a great job with everything. I just wanted to make some utilities around DF for the fun of it. (Yes, I do this sort of thing for fun...)

As for Nite/m4re, I haven't the slightest clue what his intention was, other than maybe agreeing with Idiom?

I have a mental todo list, which will go into the wiki sometime soon, including tools and polish.

Let me know what you think.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »

One thing I'd like to see is a quick method for adding constructed floors and walls.  It's really a pain in the you-know-what to build anything aboveground as it is now.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

I was actually thinking of that. I don't know what format Toady used for constructions (is it part of a tile, or a list?). If it is part of the tile, I can cheat them in. Either way, I was planning on making a way to generate the jobs, with the specific material used, much like Digger.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:21:00 pm »

I think it is well do somone hacks the building list as done whit cretures and tiles... of corse I dont know anythng abaut memeory hacking, but it cant be THAT much work, can it? (probably means it is)

Edit: oh, and this seems like an awesome utility, exept I don't use utilities... for no reason really, I shuld.

[ April 11, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 08:17:00 am »

If it is a list of objects, it makes it quite a bit harder. It means that the program would have to find safe memory to use on behalf of DF, and reallocate the resizable Vector. It would take a lot of steps, and it probably wouldn't work very well. The only way you could do it is to feed keystrokes to create the constructions the old fashioned way.

If it was information on the tiles themselves, then it would be easy to just set the values, but I have ran into problems trying to mine out the entire mountain. After a while, the dwarves seem to just ignore there are dig jobs, and sit around goofing off. I even tried it with 100 starting dwarves, all legendary in everything. I wrote a simple test tool that unpauses the game every half a second to ignore those blasted ore messages.

As for not using utilities, a lot of people feel that way, but this is a good way to do tests.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jorgon:
<STRONG>If it is a list of objects, it makes it quite a bit harder. It means that the program would have to find safe memory to use on behalf of DF, and reallocate the resizable Vector. It would take a lot of steps, and it probably wouldn't work very well. The only way you could do it is to feed keystrokes to create the constructions the old fashioned way.

If it was information on the tiles themselves, then it would be easy to just set the values, but I have ran into problems trying to mine out the entire mountain. After a while, the dwarves seem to just ignore there are dig jobs, and sit around goofing off. I even tried it with 100 starting dwarves, all legendary in everything. I wrote a simple test tool that unpauses the game every half a second to ignore those blasted ore messages.

As for not using utilities, a lot of people feel that way, but this is a good way to do tests.</STRONG>

Did you just make the unpause.exe Ive been begging for??????

Can you make it to read the state of the game and unpause when it pauses so that
we can let the fort run without interuption??????

WTF I been wanting unpause for a loong time. lol

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by I3erent:
<STRONG>

Did you just make the unpause.exe Ive been begging for??????

Can you make it to read the state of the game and unpause when it pauses so that
we can let the fort run without interuption??????
</STRONG>

Err... Yes I did. I did not know anybody wanted it. Let me throw it into a tool and update the zip file. It cannot unpause everything (yet), but it will do most.

File is updated, pull it down at the same place as before. I will update the first post to add details.

This also includes most of a keyboard macroing tool, it just cannot change Z levels yet, or move with the shift key down.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

Dude that is excellent!!!!! I have literally been begging for this, you ROCK sir.

Unpause.exe *dances a jig*

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 11:20:00 am »

Unpause is worth an internet in itself, the rest is just icing  :)

Any chance of getting custom sizes in the digger?  And image import?
The 3d mode gives an exception on mine while trying to init SDL.  Vista 64bit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11