Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Dtil - Updated September 14th 2008 - 40d  (Read 38186 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: Dtil - Updated June 7th 2008
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »

Well when u move in dont forget to finish this, very promising thank u for unpause!!!!!!!! Any luck with getting the rest of the pause notifications working???

U are my god. Well not really sorry god......but u rock!

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wiki.shiware.com
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 06:13:00 am »

I have still been tweaking on it when I can get the time, but getting it version neutral is my next priority. Every time Toady releases a new version, the memory map changes. The existing code is screwed for the next DF release because the structures are hard coded. The next version I release will have them in the Memory.ini file, so they can be changed.

As with anything though, I have to destroy the code to make it better...

We are closing on our house 2 weeks from today. It should take about a week after that to get settled.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Jorgon:
<STRONG>If it is a list of objects, it makes it quite a bit harder. It means that the program would have to find safe memory to use on behalf of DF, and reallocate the resizable Vector. It would take a lot of steps, and it probably wouldn't work very well. The only way you could do it is to feed keystrokes to create the constructions the old fashioned way.
</STRONG>

Actually you could find the function that starts building creation from the UI and inject a shellcode that would run it with your arguments. That way you wouldn't have to understand the underlying issues.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 06:44:00 am »

Oh, and 0x517A5D has a nice piece of code that you could use to search for patterns in memory. I use that now and it just works on all "minor" (a,b,c,...) version changes.

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 10:16:00 pm »

After hacking on it in my spare time, the next version of Dtil is close to completion.

All this work I have put into this release, has been to make my base structures version neutral.

Unfortunately, this means that there is not any new visible changes, even though all the tools have been rewritten.

I want to make one more useful tool before doing the release. Preferably something quick. Are there any Requests/Suggestions?

For the developers: The SDK I promised is now easy to use, and is included as a tool itself. You can edit all of the plugins that you have installed, and create new ones easily. Changes can be made to plugins without restarting Dtil. All SDK members are properly typed.

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 06:27:00 am »

The license to use, is of course, Public Domain. Using anything else for a thing like this seems foolish to me.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 11:13:00 pm »

Since you made my dreams come true with unpause how about this:  A tool that will organize your dwarves into groups by religion?

Thank you in advance...

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 06:40:00 am »

Where do you want the results of the sort to go? Do you just want them displayed in a window, or do you want them in the game somehow?

I had come up with the idea of a cleaning tool, which would remove all blood, vomit, puss, and goo from the tiles on the map. This would be easy to implement, and only take a few lines of code.

Another option I was thinking about, which would take some more time, is a way to sort all items on the floor into different piles. I can already mode items around, but I would have to set the Occupancy flags properly. I also would have to figure out how to get the names of the objects.

quote:
Originally posted by I3erent:
<STRONG>Since you made my dreams come true with unpause how about this:  A tool that will organize your dwarves into groups by religion?

Thank you in advance...</STRONG>

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 07:12:00 am »

Just sorting them in a window by group would be cool maybe the ability to click one then the game cursor would jump to him if you have time.

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

In celebration of my new house, getting the internet at said house, and garbage day, its time for a new version release.

This release is a complete "burn the source to the ground" kind of release. It now should be version change immune.

For those developers out there, Memory.ini is not your standard run-of-the-mill ini file anymore. It is actually parsed and source code is generated, then compiled, all at runtime. Take a look at CurrentVersion.boo in the Dtil directory after you attach it to the game to see.

I didn't get many new memory addresses researched this release, but I don't anticipate having to do much more development on the main Dtil core anytime soon, so most of my energy can be for research.

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »

Dtil was updated. See OP for download link.

This update fixed errors while compiling plugins that occured on some machines. Actual fix was to update Boo to latest version.

Paul Gross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

I'd just like to say, the Digger plugin is infinitely useful.  I laid out an obscure layout for my fortress (40x40 size), then proceeded to 'paste' the layout 10 z levels deep.

AMAZING.

For those who don't know, sometimes it doesn't work at all, this is because the area isn't loaded into memory.  You can fix this by designating the entire bottom Z level of your area to be mined and undesignate it.  This will allow you to use the Digger anywhere.

Very nice tool!

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 06:39:24 am »

here's what used to happen when i used this utility:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

now, alas, observe:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

can someone do an updated memory.ini plx, with all the new offsets and stuff, to restore my plumpitude?  i done an intricate layout of an entire five floors today by hand (shock/horror) and then, on the last level, realised it was in the wrong place to fit the terrain by one grid square... on the z axis.  :<  so, quite evidently, i need digger to not fail at life.  don't make me break out the generic smelliness of AHK.  thx.  i will understand though if you're waiting for a more stable period before delving for the new gubbins.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 05:01:45 am »

Toady will not release for at least a week, now would be a perfect moment to release an updated memory.ini.

Jorgon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 03:03:33 pm »

It appears that with the updated forum, it was not alerting me to new posts.

Hopefully I will have time to look at the new version this weekend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11