Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help in fortress mode.  (Read 3985 times)

Jdhu7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help in fortress mode.
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:44:00 pm »

Hello, I'm Jdhu7.
I learned about this game from the league of legends forums, where all the best games are mentioned. Otherwise, I have played this game for a long time and have a few questions.

1. The game won't allow me to embark on a human/elf/kobold/goblin/ect. settlement.

2. I want to create a sufficent torture device just for when im in the mood. Blood for the Blood God!. Also, I want help setting up traps for the bastardly elves. Thanks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Help in fortress mode.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »

1: You're not supposed to, but the modding forum search bar will lead you to Embark Anywhere which does allow you to.  Albeit not very rewardingly.  Currently only human towns and human forts exist.  Mountainhomes, dark towers, and forest retreats exist on the map and during worldgen, but there's no buildings or people or anything, just a plot of earmarked land.  Apparently kobold caves exist, but you can't normally see them.

2: ...ok?  Was that a question, or...?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:51:01 pm »

Best traps are cage traps, as long as stuff doesn't live on your embark or have the [TRAPAVOID] tag, you get free pets forever. Also good is a bottleneck, force your invaders into a small, thin entranceway and take them out individually via a line of weapon traps.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Jdhu7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:10:50 pm »

Sorry about that, I should clarify. I want like a massive sacrifice altar where I can also find who I want as militia captains.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:11:47 pm »

Watch a tutorial, play the game a few times first. You will phail spectacularly a few times because of stupid things like badgers before you embark on megaprojects.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:23 pm »

You may want to go with a danger room, it's a bit less glamorous but by far the most effective training method out there

Jdhu7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:23:02 pm »

Watch a tutorial, play the game a few times first. You will phail spectacularly a few times because of stupid things like badgers before you embark on megaprojects.

Actually, I have played this game for a while, thank you very little. Oh and i have a danger room set up but, to choose my militia captains, all i have is either a pitfall trap or the spikes of doom. I want something a little more glamorous. Girlinhat, I have seen ur ideas on this and would like your opinion on it.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:37 pm »

Actually, I have played this game for a while, thank you very little. Oh and i have a danger room set up but, to choose my militia captains, all i have is either a pitfall trap or the spikes of doom. I want something a little more glamorous. Girlinhat, I have seen ur ideas on this and would like your opinion on it.

Hey you heard it from the twitchy LoLtards. I had to assume the worst.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Jdhu7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 08:39:17 pm »

Actually the forums aren't as bad as in the in game players. Just made a new fort on orc lands. Thank you genesis mod. Fishermen interrupted by orc axemen just scream magma at me

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 08:43:17 pm »

Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

Jdhu7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 08:53:54 pm »

Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

That is it, you are now my favorite person. Its ingenious.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 09:12:38 pm »

Sounds... Dwarven.
*Commences work on blood resevoir*
Where to get the blood? My Dwarves... goblins... cats... Descisions descisions!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 09:13:41 pm »

Traders are the easiest way, they bring it in spades whether you tell them to or not.

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 01:51:11 am »

sigged

Jdhu7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 05:48:30 am »

sigged

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was mine!
Pages: [1] 2