Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Kill a Kobold Month!  (Read 64943 times)

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
Re: Kill a Kobold Month!
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2012, 06:34:38 am »

Why can't Kobold haters and Kobold lovers just get along so we can concentrate on our common enemy--the elves!

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2012, 07:12:08 am »

Yeah, +1 useless trivia accumulated instead of doing my job. I even got so far as to reading the entire background story on the KnowyourMeme site because of that. Sheez, tread lightly when entering bay12forums... you might see stuff you shall never again forget.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2012, 04:48:06 am »

Yeah, +1 useless trivia accumulated instead of doing my job. I even got so far as to reading the entire background story on the KnowyourMeme site because of that. Sheez, tread lightly when entering bay12forums... you might see stuff you shall never again forget.
But thats not always bad :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2012, 04:54:19 am »

Kobold slayers ! UNITE !

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2012, 06:43:44 am »

In my most recent fortress an arriving Dwarf caravan spotted a kobold who had snuck in. The kobold turned to run but one of the yak cows pulling the first wagon gored it in the brain.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2012, 07:05:41 am »

For every kobold supporting reply on this thread, I will brutally murder 4 kobolds.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Bilanthri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »

Reading through this thread has inspired me to set up what some might mistake as a kobold enclave within my dwarven society. But this is untrue...it will, in fact, be a concentration camp where kobolds will be kept alive for the purpose of creating a sub-race bred as slaves for the great dwarven empire.

Never again will your legendary miner have to risk kissing the magma when digging out a channel for the forges...send in a kobold with a copper pick and a stern farewell (i.e. kick to the ass to get him down the hole).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2012, 02:54:50 pm »

Long live the cutebolds! Rise up, scaly brothers and sisters, and throw off the yoke of Dwarven oppression!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2012, 03:39:48 pm »

Long live the cutebolds! Rise up, scaly brothers and sisters, and throw off the yoke of Dwarven oppression!

That's right. Come to my fortress and be sacrificed to Armok in my mighty volcano. Just like the last 4 kobolds who tried to "rise up" did.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2012, 03:53:49 pm »

Eh, I've got a pair of the fuckers trapped so I might as well use them. If I can catch one of those blind cave ogres I know exactly how I'll do one.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2012, 06:03:58 pm »

fed all my captive kobolds the the GDS. those cute little guys just get so much joy from tearing into the kobolds. you should see the way they fling the limbs around the front yard while they playfully poke them with their tails. my pets have fun.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2012, 06:05:41 pm »

If I'm not setting them free, I'm putting them at the top of my stockpile tower. For those in the know, I chuck animals and prisoners up there until they dodge off and *splat.* Beneath the tower is my bookkeeper - Splendid!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2018, 01:46:54 pm »

So I captured a pair of kobolds. 
Put a nest box in their dungeon, but they dont seem want to lay eggs. 

I also captured weresloth. 
I released a weresloth some hours before the fullmoon set, and into a circuit maze where the male kobold (named Chili) was bitten in the neck. 

Sure enough, blood spill on the stone floors--so the hatch to increase the circuit maze was unforbidded to give Chilli a chance to escape the human weresloth.  When the human transfored back to friendly, it was recaptured in a cage trap. 

Chili kept running wildly, and by next full moon, Chili is a weresloth thief. 

Chili probably comes from a cave, kobold civilization near the fortress.  Should Chili be freed back to the wild?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2018, 05:52:14 pm »

Never too late to late to necro a useful, information packed thread such as "Kill a Kobold Month". 6.5 years in the ground and it's surely getting a bit wiffy by now though...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2018, 07:18:02 pm »

Never too late to late to necro a useful, information packed thread such as "Kill a Kobold Month". 6.5 years in the ground and it's surely getting a bit wiffy by now though...
I must say in the intervening time I've grown more sympathetic to Kobolds. I think not having any kids dagger stabbed by kobolds kept far outside of my burrows has lowered my kobold bloodlust. That: and cutebolds
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15