Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Shortest Game You've Ever Had  (Read 3770 times)

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shortest Game You've Ever Had
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 11:48:06 pm »

About two weeks ago I genned a random world and embarked. 8x8 squares as usual.

An approximatly 3x3 embark squares big area caved in once I unpaused. Of course my dorfs were on it. Instant death.
I reclaimed to see what happened: The cave in went all the way to the magma sea and there is a lonely candy spire in the middle of it. The spire is hollow and open, but the clowns apparently don't want to enter unstable territory :p
Dunno what I should do with this embark, I saved the world just in case...
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:32 am »

There used to be this one deadly yet hilarious bug that would spawn your starting wagon above a magma vent or volcano, if said magma was in the middle tile of a 3x3 or 5x5 embark square.

1) Search for perfect embark. (10 min)
2) Painstakingly sort equipment and assign ability points. (15 min)
3) Customize dwarves: Give each one a nickname and short backstory. (35 min)
4) Embark. (1 min)
5) BURN MOTHERFUCKERS BURN!! (0.5 sec)
6) Go outside.

There is a video on the DFMA of someone with a 2-second fortress, couldn't find it though.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 01:37:35 am »

38c
Lava tube in a grassland; a fire imp spawned within range of one of my dogs.

Vindictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 02:31:21 am »

Just now. An adventurer I'd rolled was killed by a minotaur. SO, in a fit of anger, I set a team of miners to the labyrinth and collapsed it. It was a small labyrinth, so it took maybe three minutes.

MUAHAHA- You may kill my legendarys, beast, but you can't stop a cave in, can you?!?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:32:56 am by Vindictus »
Well, I now have an urge to end sentient life.

I think I'll go meditate for a bit.

uncanny soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 03:44:16 am »

about as long as it took the dwarves to realize they parked the cart in the middle of a demon twisted into human form and a night creature spouse' picnic

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 08:03:56 am »

When I was attempting to mod, I created a new creature. It spawned basically everywhere, and was the size of a bee...But it was an elf. I can't explain it, I was...Er, slightly "Tired" at the time. Yes, tired. Anyways, I must have somehow made it so way too many spawn...I make an embark to test it out, and every dwarf starts being attacked. (As a side note, the elfbees had a stinging attack, which was poisonous.)

It...was horrible. I mean, horribly horrible. There was probably a hundred of these bastards, eating my dwarves alive. I later modded them to be peaceful and herbivores, worked much better. Brrr.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:56 am »

I've had a few embarks in 40d where my wagon spawned in a volcano, over the magma.

Shortest one I've had in the current version was a embark on a frozen lake, that thawed after 2 ingame days.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 11:45:28 am »

I embarked, unpaused, went to grab a water glass, came back, oups a crocodile ate my dwarves!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 11:50:17 am »

T'was back when I was using the Creeper mod, There were about ten hiding in the river when I embarked. The second I unpaused, they made a beeline for my dwarves and promptly exploded them...
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]