Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Urge to wipe out the human race: Rising  (Read 11046 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Urge to wipe out the human race: Rising
« on: October 19, 2011, 06:41:43 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwqZWHUZ0w&feature=channel_video_title

NSFW or those of a delicate disposition.

A toddler is struck by two trucks in separate hit and run accidents.  Nineteen people passing by ignore her.  I can hardly believe any human could be this fucking heartless.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:55:17 am by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Urge to wipe out the human race: Rising
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 06:43:16 am »

That's horrific.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:52:47 am »

Some actual content warnings would be cool.  I'm not jumping into a youtube link rated "horrific" without any actual idea as to what occurs.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:53:50 am »

Some actual content warnings would be cool.  I'm not jumping into a youtube link rated "horrific" without any actual idea as to what occurs.

Sure, my bad.  I'll update the OP now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:56 am »

Sure, my bad.  I'll update the OP now.

Thanks muchly =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 06:56:17 am »

That's horrific indeed.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

GTM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 07:09:35 am »

If you dig into some of the facts, there's a legal precedent in China where a good Samaritan can actually be blamed for the damage.  As a result, scammers have used feigned injuries to extort/defraud money out of people.

For those of you in the States, it's similar to dragging someone from a burning car and having them sue you for letting glass cut them or not keeping their spine straight enough to avoid further injury.

Also: kitty genovese, the famous psych 101 case.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 07:12:44 am »

Infants with crushed legs don't tend to be scammers in my fairly limited experience.  And seriously, what kind of twisted person would even think of any financial consequences when it comes to helping a child in serious need?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 07:17:11 am »

Does no one else see irony in the title ("wiping out the human race") when we're talking about how heinous a murder is?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 07:32:26 am »

We're talking about the difference between wishing some group of people or person dead because we don't like them, and just simply letting someone die because you don't care enough.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 07:37:12 am »

And you're saying the latter is worse? O.o

I realize he's not being serious, but this sort of thing bugs me. Threatening disproportionate retribution is fine in jest... but stuff like this isn't to jest about.

But whatever. It's offtopic.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 09:32:20 am »

What I don't understand is why the first truck accelerated suddenly. Was the driver actually aiming for the child?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 09:51:50 am »

There are no good samaritan laws; if you help and the child dies, then you are very likely to be sued.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 09:55:39 am »

I saw this two days ago, it made me think that people are evil. If the first truck did hit him on accident, he obviously felt the bump. Then he stopped, thought about pulling th kid out, and kept on going. The people who walked by make me sick, and the second van could have easily swerved. People are scum, who only care about themselves.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 10:00:26 am »

inb4 ridiculous generalisations

OSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5