Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71344 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
[DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:46 pm »

Final Fantasy Mod
V.1.2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RACES:
Playable:
The Qu - Indomitable, blue, genderless creatures who have a knack for using cookery as weapons, armor and clothing. Have access to the Runic Forge and Mognet Post.
The Moogles - Small, furry cat-like humanoids who are known for a mail system. Have access to the Runic Forge, Mognet Central, and the Summoning Circle.
And of course the Dwarves.
Both have the same nobles as dwarves and are played the same way.

Other:
Tonberry- Green,reptilian creatures who are skilled with knives, ambushes and sneaking. They are also incredibly obssessed with revenge. Will trade the Chef's Knife, an incredibly useful knife that can one-shot quite easily.
Cait Sith- Small humanoid cats. Nothing much special about these lot.
Cactuar - Humanoid cacti. Have the ability to blast needles at anything that moves. Simplistic, with not much else special about them.
Ronso - Feline humanoids, only taller, stronger, and much better at fighting. Imagine less tree-loving elves.

Workshops:

Summoning Circle: A workshop which has to ability to 'summon' powerful megabeasts....for the right price.
Runic Forge : A special forge wherein you can attempt to forge some of the series' famous weapons, like the Excalibur.
Mognet: The Mognet System, constructed into a workshop. Useless for now, but stay tuned for updates!
Bestiary- A database on everything you know about the summons.

Fauna:

Encounters/Pets:
Catalyst- A small, unique creature with the ability to turn into a summon.
Chocobo- A loveable ostrich-like bird. Can be mounted. It has different castes with different powers.
Marlboro- A vile, disgusting plant-like shambles. It can infect and turn others into Marlboros.
Adamantoise- A large tortoise-like creature with a shell of pure adamantine.

Bosses:
Antlion- A gigantic insectoid monster. If captured, you can tame it and use it for your army. It's bodyparts are also INCREDIBLY valuable.
Warmech- A giant, nuclear-powered robot. (Yes, this was a monster in Final Fantasy.)
Sin- A giant, whale-like monstrosity. Mainly uses Gravity attacks, which will seriously slow down your troops.His main attack, Giga-Graviton will pretty much one-shot your army should they come in contact with it.
Shinryu- Dragon thingy. Stronger than Bahamut, so ignore the description. Has similar attacks to Tiamat, but luckily, isn't immune to them. ;)
Tiamat- A six-headed dragon. It's immune to fire, ice and thunder, making it quite annoying. Has fire, ice and thunder attacks.

Summons:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ores:
Magicite -Just under adamantine for usability. Lightweight, strong, but utterly useless for blunt weaponry.
Nethicite -Essentially, smeltable slade. Heavy, also strong, and very good for blunt weapons.
Manufactured Nethicite - A weaker form of natural Nethicite.
Auracite- Somewhere between the two for strength.

Summoning System :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magic!:
-That's right, there's magic in this mod now.
- Minimize the amount of secrets generated to get the best out of your world.
-Magic includes summon magic (Bahamut and Alexander only), Fire magic, Thunder magic, Ice magic, Wind magic and Gravity magic.
-To find these magicks, find a tower with a slab pertaining to it.
-You can also make potions from several specific encountered monsters.

Currently working on:
-Giving Qu unique interactions when they eat megabeast meat.
-Adding more summon magic.
-Giving adventurers easier ways of getting magic.
This is the link to the Final Fantasy Mod. Click and enjoy!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5088

DISCLAIMER: The Final Fantasy series is copyright of Square Enix, not me. Please don't sue me... ):
Any mod content in this can be used freely. Just give credit.
DISCLAIMER 2: This mod is NOT A TOTAL CONVERSION. This is intended to be played with normal DF. Do NOT blame me if your game crashes after deleting your normal raws believing it's ok to replace them with my raws. This mod is meant to be a MAJOR MOD, in the vein of Genesis and LFR, not a full conversion in the vein of Corrosion.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:31:27 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and titans mod
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:44:22 pm »

Never mind. Updated the first post.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:14:14 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:57:01 am »

Well they certainly work, but Catoblepas seems a bit wonky, the only thing he was able to paralzye was Bahamut and that only worked once. I like the mod though and good job!
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 03:06:16 am »

I might change the title of this mod to Final Fantasy summons since Catoblepas, Bahamut , Ifrit and Leviathan are all summons in FF. Also, updated, added two or three new megabeasts.

Thanks! I didn't think anyone would download this.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Summons mod
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:02 am »

UPDATES:
Added Doomtrain.
Added Alexander's attack, Holy Judgement.
Added a new metal, Doommetal. It's used for Doomtrain's skin.
Added genders.
Added a new template used for Doomtrain, the aura template.

POSSIBLE UPDATES:
Moogle, Whytkin, Cait Sith and Cactuar civs.
Mist Dragon, Typhon, Fenrir, Behemoth and Atomos/Ultima (Whichever one is more possible, most likely Ultima, if not, then Tiamat.)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 01:49:41 pm »

Cuchulainn would be a fun summon/beast to deal with. STATUS EFFECTS AND POISONS FOR ALL!!! The ultimate forgotten beast.

That fight sucked in FF12. Like fighting an ultimate Marlboro (with no way to cure Sap either since its an environmental effect) that has a crap-ton of life. Not much more fun to battle in FFT either.

Others I can imagine would be fun to deal with would also be some of the classic ones from FF4 and FF6.
Odin- He'll slice you in half with an adamantine blade (possible reward as well (AKA- Odin Slash)).
Doomgaze- Not a summon per-say, but still a nasty encounter that plagues the skies.
Ragnarok- A living holy sword (dunno how to go about that).
Tritoch- A crazy bird thing that can hit really hard with fire, ice, and lightning.
Anima- Colossal creature of pain. Usually half-visible; until she takes you down, then meet her better half.
Magus Sisters- Not sure how to get them about at the same time, but generally, one is tough (can take a beating), one is fast, and one has deadly strikes.
Gilgamesh- More of an adventurer type, but a six(or eight?)-armed man that is armed with all kinds of weapons. Always looking for a good challenge. Globetrotter throughout the series apparently.
Phantom- Ghost-like entity. Tends to sneak alot.
Stray Cat- A more deadly cat.
Crusader- Crazy-powerful knight.
Ixion- Thunder-horse.

That's what I can list off the top of my head through the series. FF6 has the most comprehensive list of Espers/Summons you can thumb through. The Final Fantasy wiki can also provide more details/variations on them as well.

As for random encounters:
Bomb/Grenade- Unless you know how to quickly, or properly kill them, they'll detonate into a big ol' fireball. Usually travels in packs.
(Deadly) Nightshade- ♫ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES!!!♪
Ahriman- Flying eyes.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:04:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 04:54:12 pm »

Hm...thanks for the ideas. I'll be uploading Behemoth tommorow, as well as beginning to work on Sin and Madeen. Ixion,Anima and Gilgamesh have all been floating around my head, but I can't decide if I should put Gilgamesh or Yojimbo in.

Magus Sisters-I've been trying to figure that out. Maybe separate castes?

Odin-Hm...how about his horse? I could make him drop his blade upon kill though, thanks.

Stray Cat-Hm...pinch Corrosion raws? :P

Ragnarok-Hm.....make it a weapon dropable by an 'Embodiment of Ragnarok', perhaps?

Phantom, Marlboro-Thanks. So far, I've only planned some of the more famous FF creatures, but thanks to these, I'm intending to look more into creatures.

Tritoch, Crusader, Magus Sisters and Bomb are definetly on the coming list. Knights of The Round might be, as soon as I work Magus Sisters, and Odin, not so sure. Thanks though!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 12:39:49 am »

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Esper
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Esper_%28Final_Fantasy_VI%29
http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/monster.shtml
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_VI_Enemies (Probably the most comprehensive list I can find)

Here's a good source for esper-related creatures to toss in, so you won't need a big list of suggestions.

Intangir would suck to run into. Almost always in sneak mode, and when revealed, attacks like nothing you ever seen before, and when killed, drops a ton of fire on you (meteo upon death).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:17:45 am by Itnetlolor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 03:28:03 am »

Lol I knew you would tell me about these. They are my favourite sources,but thanks. Intangir...perhaps drops a rock on death that boils on death and releases a syndrome that causes necrosis and pain?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 04:26:46 am »

UPDATES:
Added Ixion.
Added Behemoth.
Fixed Phoenix's drop. He now drops a bar of ash on death instead of powdered ash.
Added Bomb.
Added Sin. WARNING:He is difficulty 25 in Adv. mode. He is immensely powerful. I have tried pitting him against all the other beasties in the pack, and he won. Caution before fighting him.

Soon to come:
Anima
Yojimbo/Gilgamesh (either,maybe both. :-P)
Fenrir
Typhon
Crusader (?)

Scrapped:
Atomos-wormhole can't be accurately remade with game engine: No 'Demon is sucked in by Atomos' Wormhole!' :(
Odin-until I can figure out how to make him and his horse.
Knights of the Round-no weapons equippable when genned.
Gilgamesh (?)-until he is fixed, the 6 arms body I made for him seems not to work with other vanilla tokens.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:23:58 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 12:43:56 pm »

UPDATES:
Added Anima.
Added Fenrir.
Added Typhon.
Added Maduin.
Gilgamesh will be added as soon as the problem with his body is fixed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 02:21:37 pm »

Minor bugfix:
Fixed Gilgamesh. He is one of the more powerful ones so far, being able to choose between four attacks. He may hit you with Excalipur, or he may exterminate you with Zantetuksen.
Added Gilgamesh and the needed body and material templates.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 04:23:36 pm »

Awesome mod will try it out later

Here is a idea jecht he Is
A summon/aeon in his Brahskas final aeon form

Also... for odin you could add him without the horse as it is never really used

I recommend adding crystallux from Super Mario rot and the seven stars

He is a throw in of final fantasy. He fits well just look him up.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 04:34:03 pm »

Hm....Braska's Final Aeon will come in, as an unplayable megabeast like Sin. Odin will now come in unhorsed. Hm...never really thought about Mario RPG. The only non-FF series beast in this is the secret megabeast (oops, shouldn't have said that.)

Also, added the chocobo and did some work on the playable megabeasts. Maduin and Gilgamesh are now playable, and Quetzalcoatl, Odin, Braska's Final Aeon, as well as the future updates on the download page will be added in tommorow, or maybe in the next week. I'm free all week. :P

EDIT:Crystallux will not come in. Not now anyway, but possibly in a seecret Friday update. :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:40:29 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »

UPDATES:
Added Braska's Final Aeon.
Added the body template.
Also, if any of you want to use the content for your mods, just give credit. I'm kind like that. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23