Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71722 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2012, 01:44:21 pm »

Don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but the ability to summon the Knights of the Round Table would be awesome. Anywho going to try this out later, seems like the summons would be alot of fun to mess around with :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2012, 01:46:44 pm »

Knights of the Round was originally planned, but I scrapped them after I couldn't get the Magus Sisters to work.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2012, 10:58:54 am »

Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on a class system, guys. I got the idea after seeing Deon do it successfully, and I think a class system would be needed for any Final Fantasy Mod.

Tell me if it's too unoriginal, stupid, unworkable, or if it's awesome, etc.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2012, 01:18:42 pm »

But yeah, you could have a class system. Hell, you could have level-ups through some bounceback interactions. (Give enemy interaction called "level me up to level x", the enemy levels you up because it requires something only you have, the game says "you are now level 2!", you have slightly higher skill rolls etc.)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2012, 11:34:01 pm »

Why do I have a feeling something like the Lvl. 99 Wild Terasaur would be a likelihood? (SEE: Final Fantasy XII, Dalmasca Eastersand)

Except in these cases, especially megabeasts, and worldgen and how long some creatures can live, we'll be seeing creatures with levels as high as Disgaea would allow.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2012, 11:54:48 pm »

Yeah, except these interactions won't be used during worldgen, since the game doesn't recognize such things.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2012, 08:55:06 am »

What would you lot like to see next release?

Suggest while I'm in the modding mood. :D

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #322 on: October 06, 2012, 11:52:09 am »

Is the focus of this mod fortress mode, adventure mode, or both?

If it's fortress mode, you might be better off linking level-up bonuses to the COMBATHARDNESS tag rather than using tennis interactions - it's much simpler, cleaner, and in any event, a better indicator of how many challenging fights the character has survived.  If it's adventure mode...

Hey, wait.  I wonder if COMBATHARDNESS exists in adventure mode?  You'd think it wouldn't, but other hidden variables, such as cave adaptation, do... I think that the two modes use most of the same basic programming.  Sounds like a job for SCIENCE!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 06, 2012, 11:56:54 am »

Both.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 06, 2012, 12:23:11 pm »

So!  Fun stuff!  COMBATHARDNESS does exist in Adventure Mode!

Admittedly it is based on how many times an enemy hits you rather than how many enemies you defeat, but I'd still say it's smoother and simpler than tennis interactions.  You can do basically whatever you want with any given level: make new powers, make old powers stronger, add class change options that enable you to learn different ability sets at higher levels, make transformations that take effect between levels X and Y, etc.  I'm going to play with it some more and see if I can get some cool stuff out of it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 06, 2012, 12:47:15 pm »

Thanks. I'd like to know the research results. I might eventually work in the class things, but it's hideously broken, and it's been put away under Failures along with Anti-Shadow Weapons and a failed attempt to make the Brave Blade work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 06, 2012, 02:39:16 pm »

That COMBATHARDNESS thing is quite FF2-esque.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 06, 2012, 04:17:07 pm »

So here's the results of my research:

It appears that COMBATHARDNESS does rise as you attack enemies, but very slowly.  Being attacked, especially suffering severe injury such as loss of a limb, increases it fastest, but cumulative minor damage does build it up gradually as well.  The level rises at a reasonable speed overall.  Assuming you play it relatively safe in combat and don't suffer major trauma at any point, you should reach level 100 in COMBATHARDNESS at around the same time you reach Legendary level in your main weapon skill (probably).  If you DO suffer major trauma, though, all bets are off.  It is technically possible to go from 0 to 100 in one battle if you are beaten to a bloody unconscious pulp and somehow manage to survive.  In practice, though, this is extremely unlikely to happen without manipulating events in the Arena.

Until your first fight, you do not have any COMBATHARDNESS at all and effects that require it will not activate, even if they only require you to be at level 0.  I guess the counter only initiates after you get your first bruise.

Only physical combat with an enemy raises COMBATHARDNESS.  Syndrome effects, jumping off of cliffs, being lit on fire and nearly drowning do not affect it.  So no cheating your way to level 100 by carefully measuring the highest drop you can survive.  This also means that melee fighters will level up much faster than those that fight using long-range interactions.

As far as I can tell, watching your allies die has no effect on COMBATHARDNESS in Adventure Mode.  I guess adventurers don't have much in the way of personal relationships.  As watching allies die is a major source of trauma in Fortress mode, the aforementioned information on usual level-up rate does not apply in Fortress mode.

You can connect an ability to a COMBATHARDNESS level, but reaching the level in which you can use that ability does not trigger a 'You have gained the power to X' message.  You can also connect a body transformation to a COMBATHARDNESS level.  For all effects including new abilities and transformations, you can set a level at which the effect begins and ends, meaning that you can make multiple levels of a special ability or multiple transformation levels as you level up.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2012, 06:38:32 pm »

Interesting updates.

I would say YES to the Class system and combat Level System idea's. :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2012, 02:21:18 am »

I'll probably start working on leveling up soon.

As for class systems, I'll try not to use caste transformations, instead using interaction-giving interactions.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23