Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71411 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2011, 10:40:33 am »

Hm...seeing as you and ShadowBroker are just about the biggest contributors to this little mod, you'll be given credit for your ideas and a megabeast to be dedicated of your choosing. I was planning to release the next update in two days, now I'll have to release it next week. :P
Also, WEAPON work is finished, only the materials, weapons for Tonberry, and Archfiends left to finish.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2011, 10:59:57 am »

Right, so essentially:
magicite=candy
nethicite=sladite
auracite= better than steel, worse than candy.
 An airship megaproject? When your done, please send me the save. I'd like to see how the heck you managed to do it without a WEAPON tearing your slaves in half, or Doomtrain infecting half your dwarves with enough syndromes to kill 50 dwarves in one breath.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2011, 01:37:16 pm »

If I'm going to work on another airship, I'll need a design direction to go. Which FF game should I build in the style of? I mean, building these things isn't the easiest task around (check sig), but if done right (with the right materials as well as execution) then they look and work very well.

You can sorta say that the Bloodfist is the closest to a classic FF1-4 style airship I've worked on.

EDIT:
Of course, unlike the Bloodfist, I won't be logging my process as much. Maybe an occasional DFMA update here and there, but nothing new thread-worthy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:45:03 pm by Itnetlolor »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2011, 03:41:52 pm »

If I'm going to work on another airship, I'll need a design direction to go. Which FF game should I build in the style of? I mean, building these things isn't the easiest task around (check sig), but if done right (with the right materials as well as execution) then they look and work very well.

You can sorta say that the Bloodfist is the closest to a classic FF1-4 style airship I've worked on.

EDIT:
Of course, unlike the Bloodfist, I won't be logging my process as much. Maybe an occasional DFMA update here and there, but nothing new thread-worthy.

I personally loved FF6's airship. But maybe that's just cause I played that game over a dozen times. The big blimp might be hard to do in DF though...

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:16 pm »

Hm...seeing as you and ShadowBroker are just about the biggest contributors to this little mod, you'll be given credit for your ideas and a megabeast to be dedicated of your choosing. I was planning to release the next update in two days, now I'll have to release it next week. :P
Also, WEAPON work is finished, only the materials, weapons for Tonberry, and Archfiends left to finish.
aw shucks, i cant take credit. im more of a tester and brainstormer than anything. youre the implementor. on that note. i think you put quezacotal in twice in the raws
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2011, 05:31:39 pm »

EDIT:

I personally loved FF6's airship. But maybe that's just cause I played that game over a dozen times. The big blimp might be hard to do in DF though...
Yeah, the blimp/cloth-style airship was one of the things I wanted to bypass. They get big, tall, and are a pain to get to look right in 3D. Not to forget, I would have to mod in cloth blocks as a construction material. It tends to get rather tedious and renders the project less fun to produce.

A fun design is always the Farenheight from FFX or the Celsius from FFX-2. However, metal refining/production would be a bit of work to get done for the entire production (could be worked on/stockpiled as a dry-dock gets produced). I think the airships in FFXII would be the most forgiving, either being made of either wood or stone. Kinda like the passenger liners at the aerodromes.

Alternative megaproject, primarily for variety, make an aerodrome, and fill in the empty cells with airships.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2011, 11:59:45 pm »

My nominations go to either the Sky Fortress Bahamut [for sheer insanity - that thing is as big as Castle Pandemonium, probably because it IS Pandemonium more or less] or the Ragnarok from FF8
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2011, 10:46:37 am »

Right, archfiends are finally done, and I'll have a look at the quetzalcoatl raws. Thee metals are completed, and the Ragnarok sword, which you can only get by killing the Embodiment of Ragnarok (not a summon, but that was the only way I was going to get Ragnarok into the game) will be used in a workshop.  However, you will have to give up an extremely useful weapon. Again, your choice.
aw shucks, i cant take credit. im more of a tester and brainstormer than anything. youre the implementor. on that note. i think you put quezacotal in twice in the raws
Brainstormers and testers are sort of what I need here. Also you and Itnetlolor should at least have some thanks in the game, after all half the megas in the mod would not be in this had Itnetlolor suggested them to me, and ShadowBroker, your the one who gave me the idea for playable Moogles. So really, you two should have at least even a single mention as an easter egg in the mod .

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2011, 11:05:41 am »

Have you considered Pandemona. And if possible, add Eden please. Perhaps a FFVIII based Bahamut? Bahamut could come in several forms. Dark aeons as rare, but more powerful variants?

On the boss front, Penance and the crystal guardians from the original FF. And since you have weapons, Omega is not to be omitted.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2011, 11:34:27 am »

I just thought up a really nasty encounter; but I don't know how they can be implemented, but magitek armor from FF6.

I'm not talking entirely about the ones you encounter randomly, but the kind of souped up battlemechs you use as PCs. Essentially it would use breath attacks for the beam attacks (dragonbreath for fire beam, ice for ice beam, unsure what would be used for the bolt beam though, but necrotic breath for bio blast).

Just as well, we can have a FB variant as a "Salvaged Magitek Armor" (random armor and attacks) and/or TunnelArmor, like the one Celes and Locke deal with that introduces the "Runic" command as a tactic. Of course, I fear magitek armors could be a little OP. Then again, what isn't in Final Fantasy?

As an alternative, we can have castes of magitek armors as more specialized units, which can also back up the "Salvaged" class FB as being made from scraps of other MTAs. And it can also justify the incredibly rare megabeast variant "Guardian" AKA- The pain in the ass mech that can't get killed until the end of the game.

Then again, we would then need the Ghestahlian Empire as a playable race option (modify RAWs to activate) as well as an option to include in worldgen (modify RAWs again to activate). Unless we can consider them as used by any other race; but the GE (FF6) is their origin.

If at all possible as well, the menu music can be replaced with the classic tune that plays in all the other Final Fantasy games, or the formation screen music from FFT. Kinda like how the Wastelands mod has different music playing throughout. Optionally, you can have different music playing (like overworld music from FFIV) in Fortress Mode.

Of course, we'll leave the music choices to a vote, just so we can hit the right note with any fans of the mod.

We can also artificially extend the overworld music a bit by stitching together tunes (provided a good enough sound editor is willing to lend their talents) to add a little more variety to the tunes as you work on the fort.

And one last idea, provided somebody wants to take on the task, anyone feel like adding in a language file in Al-Bhed?

E ryja y vaamehk oui'mm ryja vih fungehk uh dryd uha.
I have a feeling you'll have fun working on that one.

Speaking of which, Blitzballs and a few other trinkets ought to be added in as useless crap craftables. Although, I would admit, blitzballs (made with the right material) would make for some nasty adventurer gear to throw around (though the militaries would not find as much purpose behind them as weapons; justifying why you can't equip your military with them)). I mean, if Wakka can destroy creatures the size of buildings with them... And also his celestial/artifact weapon menaces with spikes and has blades lining it. Mind you, this is a Blitzball still. Then again, those things are essentially medicine balls they lob through water at high speeds.

EDIT:
Regarding Al-Bhed, if they'll be included as a race, one of their key details (detailed view) is that they have spiral irises [PREFSTRING:nifty looking eyes]. As a trade race, they can provide all sorts of metal crafts, trap components, and mechanisms. They are an artifact-salvage society after all. This would be crap they can very easily find and trade off to keep themselves funded. They would also most likely have camps (similar to elven settlements) made in desert biomes, but usually buiult in the manner of dwarven fortresses (once race-specific settlements are implemented again).

The Al-Bhed can also justify some rogue technology (like "Salvaged Magitek Armor" or anything else with a "Salvaged" tag applied to them) running amok.

EDIT EDIT:
Now that I come and think of it, The Al-Bhed would make a pretty decent playable race. They can build crazy things, salvage lost or abandoned technology, and can justify using a new language file even. They're good at trade, and use whatever's nearby to make a living. They're actually pretty damn dwarven. Their hometown is in the middle of a desert island, and after it gets overrun with fiends, they abandon fort it in the dwarfiest way possible.

Yes, they deserve a race-in. Possibly even the default starting race. Their 'Home' (as it's also called) is included as a megaproject idea as well.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:05:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:37 pm »

I'd be willing to write the Al-Bhed language file.  We'd have to make sure their eye color doesn't vary, so that trait would have to have only one option for them.  But they'd definitely be cool as a playable race.

I'd also suggest for music using the Red Wings theme from FFIV, which has been used as starting music in both FFIV and in modified form in FFVIII, either as opening music or as the fortress background theme
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2011, 03:04:40 pm »

Now that I come and think of it, The Al-Bhed would make a pretty decent playable race. They can build crazy things, salvage lost or abandoned technology, and can justify using a new language file even. They're good at trade, and use whatever's nearby to make a living. They're actually pretty damn dwarven. Their hometown is in the middle of a desert island, and after it gets overrun with fiends, they abandon fort it in the dwarfiest way possible.

Yes, they deserve a race-in. Possibly even the default starting race. Their 'Home' (as it's also called) is included as a megaproject idea as well.
from what i understand, i think someone made a tech tree mod (i think it was called) that had mechs and the like for use by a single race, it would be a snap to put it to a specific caste of human.

Have you considered Pandemona. And if possible, add Eden please. Perhaps a FFVIII based Bahamut? Bahamut could come in several forms. Dark aeons as rare, but more powerful variants?

On the boss front, Penance and the crystal guardians from the original FF. And since you have weapons, Omega is not to be omitted.
as far as mechanics work, eden would pretty much be a limbless Sin. they both have a pretty OP breath attack already...

Edit: found it, it was the "Regeneration" mod. a cursory glance tells me its based on genesis, ill take a look at it
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:06:27 pm by ShadowBroker »
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2011, 04:59:49 pm »

Right, archfiends are finally done, and I'll have a look at the quetzalcoatl raws. Thee metals are completed, and the Ragnarok sword, which you can only get by killing the Embodiment of Ragnarok (not a summon, but that was the only way I was going to get Ragnarok into the game) will be used in a workshop.  However, you will have to give up an extremely useful weapon. Again, your choice.

To be fair, Ragnarok was a summon in FF6 which made you choose between the summon and the sword. So that's fair.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2011, 12:44:03 am »

I'd be willing to write the Al-Bhed language file.  We'd have to make sure their eye color doesn't vary, so that trait would have to have only one option for them.  But they'd definitely be cool as a playable race.

I'd also suggest for music using the Red Wings theme from FFIV, which has been used as starting music in both FFIV and in modified form in FFVIII, either as opening music or as the fortress background theme
Now that I recall correctly, I think the dominant eye color of Al-Bhed is green spiraled (should solve the eye color issue). Even Yuna being related to Rikku (cousins), she even has 1 blue and 1 green eye. It's hard to spot in-game, but the official art shows so. Similar could be said about Rikku with the spiral eyes. I think she even explains how all Al-Bhed have those kind of eyes as well (Either during her second introduction, or before they reach 'Home'). Kinda puzzles me how they can see clearly with such oddball pupils. I'll just leave it up to Big Anime Eye laws.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2011, 10:51:29 am »

Theullai, thanks for offering to write the file. I'm just using DFLang to write languages, since only moogles have any different languages and have been implemented so far. Also, I'm really not a very skilled modder. I can't really do something to the extent of Saecular, since I have no idea how to change the music. Eden and Pandemona were going to be implemented with the Moogles, but I forgot about them, so they'll be coming back with the next update. Al-Bhed? Hm, let's see if they can put up with my different races first. If they somehow survive,then they'll be in, unless popular demand says otherwise.

Hm..this started out as a mod in the vein of Flora and Fauna, now people are asking me to basically turn it into a prepackaged game, complete with music. And here I was, thinking this'd be sort of like Genesis, in the terms that it would add loads of stuff and modify some new things. Anyway, updates:
The Metamorphisis Workshop is done. By taking the sword of Ragnarok and some magicite, you can make this workshop, which allows you to turn mundane objects into useful stuff, e.g goblinite spears------>steel armour.
The new metals and corrosponding ores are finished, only manufactured nethicite is still to be placed in.
Eden is now implemented (Ooh, sorry, forgot about her. >.>)
Bandoleer-class monsters are done, and several new random ecounters have been added.
Warmech (from the very first FF) is implemented. You'll probably fight it as a run-up before Sin completely obliterates you.
Also, attack triggers for the various megas are now in place. Expect to see Archfiends attack when you've gotten your smelting industry up, and Sin when your tiny fortress becomes a Mountainhome. Of course, I'm also going to reduce Sin's power.

Mind you, this has not been uploaded, in case it confuses some of you, this is what the current, giant update is going through at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23