Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71774 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2011, 07:02:31 am »

Right, final update before the release:
Added Crusader and Pandemona.
Al Bhed is finished, using a DFLang file for languages at the moment.
Magitek armour is done.
Metamorphisis Workshop might be removed, depends on how many of you lot want it in. (This workkshop allows you to turn leather stuff into metal, wood into stone, lead into gold, etc.)
Sneaked in a couple of easter eggs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2011, 01:23:22 pm »

I can't wait until we can implement the magic system into this mod when the next DF release comes out. Oh, the many spells you can use. This mod will be (even more) insane by then. I definitely know that Adventure Mode will be downright epic after the next version release when magick gets involved, and a version upgrade of this mod (provided it's not too difficult to get done).

Naturally, we would then have to start including other combat arts from the games into the mix. Imagine having an army of Sabins devastating an army of Doomtrains simply by suplexing them all into submission. But anyway, I mean, having combat monks (more proper term based on FFT) which can use blitz moves similar to Sabin's (imagine an array of aurabolts being fired like mad; of course, fatigue will set in if they do some of these moves too often; to prevent abuse of them), Runic blades rendering anything with a [MAGIC] tag useless and harmless, theif-class units disarming/disarmoring their targets, and so on.

EDIT:
Oh right, we might as well hire some artistic talent. Anyone good at making a tileset willing to make one for this mod? And if so, what would be an ideal tilesize to work with? I think 16x16 is plenty good.

We can have an ASCII version of this mod as well as a tileset version. Pander to both types of players.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:19:52 pm by Itnetlolor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2011, 02:49:03 pm »

Hm...maybe a blade that gets stronger the more you don't use it? And a sword that gets stronger for every hit you do? Since we don't have battles....that's the foreseeable way I can see to implement the Chicken Knife and Brave Blade in the next version update.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2011, 02:57:04 pm »

Hm...maybe a blade that gets stronger the more you don't use it? And a sword that gets stronger for every hit you do? Since we don't have battles....that's the foreseeable way I can see to implement the Chicken Knife and Brave Blade in the next version update.
if anything, it would be based on kills. the brave blade sounds very do-able, as it would just be a very powerful named weapon. it does seem daunting to implement tho, as i do not think there is a way to implement this. but say it starts out at a copper quality and ends at candy quality in terms of combat effectiveness
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2011, 03:06:08 pm »

And, how would you not die painfully from disease from getting near enough to suplex Doomtrain?

Urist McWrestler is caught in a burst of Doomtrain aura!
Urist McWrestler dies from severe illness.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

And, how would you not die painfully from disease from getting near enough to suplex Doomtrain?

Urist McWrestler is caught in a burst of Doomtrain aura!
Urist McWrestler dies from severe illness.

thats what would make it badass. you can set up the suplex to do a instant death syndrome to just doomtrain. if they can pull it off, they get honored with a kickass bedroom. if they pull it off and die of complications? satue in their honor
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2011, 08:39:27 pm »

EDIT: Scratch that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:59:43 pm by Seriyu »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »

EDIT:
Oh right, we might as well hire some artistic talent. Anyone good at making a tileset willing to make one for this mod? And if so, what would be an ideal tilesize to work with? I think 16x16 is plenty good.

We can have an ASCII version of this mod as well as a tileset version. Pander to both types of players.

Iiiii do a bit of pixeling here and there, but I'm not promising anything, especially because I'm not particularly familiar with a lot of newer final fantasy stuff. I'll start fiddling with a tileset now. Is there a list somewhere of what tiles are and aren't hardcoded?Like I know wood doors are hardcoded, for instance.

Also stuff people actually want changed, like I'd imagine leaving doors alone and just using a phoebus tile or whatever would be fine.
there are a couple of workarounds. like for the ivalice summons you can just do their zodiac sign. like zalera is gemini, famfrit is aquarius, etc

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2011, 08:54:45 pm »

Well nevermind, that's not turnin out so well either, bleh. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 09:05:32 pm by Seriyu »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2011, 09:46:21 pm »

no harm done  :D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2011, 11:18:06 pm »

Yeah, I might work on it from time to time but I wouldn't count on me as a primary source of tiles. I'll post any I'm happy with in the thread I suppose :p

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2011, 11:26:55 pm »

EDIT:

Iiiii do a bit of pixeling here and there, but I'm not promising anything, especially because I'm not particularly familiar with a lot of newer final fantasy stuff. I'll start fiddling with a tileset now. Is there a list somewhere of what tiles are and aren't hardcoded?Like I know wood doors are hardcoded, for instance.

Also stuff people actually want changed, like I'd imagine leaving doors alone and just using a phoebus tile or whatever would be fine.
there are a couple of workarounds. like for the ivalice summons you can just do their zodiac sign. like zalera is gemini, famfrit is aquarius, etc
I actually like that idea. Ivalice summons are equally recognized by their zodiac signs, and aren't that challenging to design. And as a bonus, more characters to use while at it.

And in regards to graphics in general, don't worry about it, it's open invite. Do what you can, and we'll compile it together later.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2011, 11:32:43 am »

Gods....major setback. I duped something in the mix of files I modded in before this mod. The release will probably be set on the weekend, I just need to fix my raws and finish testing the workshops.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2011, 12:32:56 pm »

Uh oh, Did you end up with fire-breathing chocobos that speak Al-Bhed or something?

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:13 pm »

probabally just some game crashes. or tree people that eat wagon meat. wacky stuff, duping is
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23