Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71415 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Summons mod
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 05:53:13 am »

UPDATES:
Added Mist Dragon.
Added Magus Sisters.
Added Zalera.
Added Diabolos.
Added Quetzalcoatl.
Added Odin.
Fixed Braska's Final Aeon.
Removed Zantsetuken from Gilgamesh, now that Odin is playable. It will probably be replaced by Ragnarok, just to get the sword into the game.
Fixed Doomtrains mindshard.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:53:37 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 06:44:41 pm »

i uploaded your mod without delay and was within 2 seasons attacked by gilgames, no big deal, i did some tweaking with runesmith and made him part of my civilization. only problem is he had a habit of falling asleep and not waking up. i looked at the raws and it looks like he doesnt fall under the [no sleep] bug, so what could it be? that i played god and made him one with my dwarves, most likely >.>
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »

Hm...remove no stun. That's probably why.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 01:53:08 pm »

Right, starting a poll. Who votes that I make this more friendly to Runesmith, for FUN? :P
I don't really care if you cheat to kill the megabeasts or turn them to your civ, being a runescape user myself. That would be hypocrisy :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 01:30:41 pm »

Right, tommorow I'll be uploading Cuchulainn and the lesser megas. I'tll be the last update for a while as the half term is over soon.

EDIT:Can't. Dont have time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:08:40 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »

bumping for love of final fantasy, dwarf fortress, and this mod that will try to bring it together. bumping for self intrest, nay, intrest of any fanboy that needs this on the front page, to notice it and get involved........

but mostly i just want a race of moogles, and ive always been terrible at making up creatures myself  :-\
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 10:41:03 am »

Hm...I am planning to upload the first of the civs, Moogles, up as well as Cuchulainn and some new random encounters on Friday. Starting a poll if you want the upcoming civs to be playable.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 02:22:31 pm »

oh, and id like to note that gilgamesh doesnt always drop a candy longsword. they actually drop random candy weapons. i was doing some arena testing and noted blowguns, a shortsword, a crossbow, among other things. no longsword though

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 10:57:45 am »

Hm...yeah, I'm looking into that at the moment. I also need to implement mognet into the game if I am to add playable moogles in, but if the drops don't work, he'll just drop some coins. (or gil. :P)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 10:53:41 am »

Right, it looks like Moogles are going to be playable so far, with your votes. Mognet will be implemented as flavour, or a supply of paper for other stuff like burning. Also, what do you guys think about Cait Sith as a civ? I can't really implement it as a summon, because it isn't as impressive as a disease-bearing train, a blue dragon, or a giant, evil whale of death, and it wasn't a random encounter in the games, if I recall correctly. Maybe their helmets will be party hats and their weapons megaphones? :P

EDIT:Hm..did a little research, there are several versions of Cait Sith. I could use the non-enemy version as the civ, and call the enemy version Coeurl, since Cait Sith as an enemy is only a palette swap of that. This is going to be harder than I thought...>.>
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:02:05 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 04:21:13 pm »

Right, it looks like Moogles are going to be playable so far, with your votes. Mognet will be implemented as flavour, or a supply of paper for other stuff like burning. Also, what do you guys think about Cait Sith as a civ? I can't really implement it as a summon, because it isn't as impressive as a disease-bearing train, a blue dragon, or a giant, evil whale of death, and it wasn't a random encounter in the games, if I recall correctly. Maybe their helmets will be party hats and their weapons megaphones? :P

EDIT:Hm..did a little research, there are several versions of Cait Sith. I could use the non-enemy version as the civ, and call the enemy version Coeurl, since Cait Sith as an enemy is only a palette swap of that. This is going to be harder than I thought...>.>
yes sir. i think moogles are sufficent for a playable race. cait sith might make an annoying enemy, but then theyre basically cat Kobolds at that point, ya know?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 01:51:04 am »

I'd definitely like to see Mateus.  Somehow he seems appropriate as some sort of horrifying night creature, given his fondness for kidnapping and binding sorceresses.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 10:29:31 am »

Hm...I'll be thinking about Ivalice summons, starting a new poll on that.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 11:43:52 am »

Ivalice had a few interesting summons. Having to fight them to gain them were a bit much one time or another, but they were still pretty neat.

Zalera of FFXII would need 2 bodies though, since we have a grim reaper type thing and a lady attached to it. Cuchulainn I recommended earlier just by how nasty an encounter he would be for anyone (he essentially is a forgotten beast on steroids), and Zodiark, I think may be naturally OP. Pretty much the equivalent of a clown.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »

Zalera- Hehe..about that...current time constraints and somewhat DF mechanics prevents me from giving it two bodies. >.>
Cuchulainn-Hm..slightly redundant because of Doomtrain, but still.

And most of the Ivalice summons can't or probably won't be included, due to time constraints and because their bodies are not defined or definable by current DF tags. >.>

Also, Updates:
Added Moogles, as well as associated workshop, the Mognet Central, and Mognet Post. To let others recieve post, include this line in your chosen civ:
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:MOGNET_POST]
Added Cuchulainn.
Added Tritoch.
Added Coeurl, Ahriman, Deadly Nightshade.
Added Cait Sith. At the moment, they are friendly, but who knows...
Removed playable megas. Unless I hear a massive demand for it, it will stay out.

Scrapped:
Doomgaze-Meh.
Most of the Ivalice Summons- Well, their bodies are near freaking impossible at the moment due to time.

EDIT:Added in the lesser megas.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:54:42 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23