Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71412 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »

C-uh-cuh-culain......
*has horrible flash backs from FFT*
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2011, 05:37:03 pm »

C-uh-cuh-culain......
Yeah, he sucked in both FFXII and FFT. More status effects cast than molboros. Oh yeah, those would be fun to encounter in DF as well.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »

C-uh-cuh-culain......
Yeah, he sucked in both FFXII and FFT. More status effects cast than molboros. Oh yeah, those would be fun to encounter in DF as well.
you know, i never played 12 enough to fight him, but he was no trouble at all in tactics
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2011, 05:08:53 am »

I'm just wondering the effects of a raging Cuchulainn on the Circus. !!FUN!! to be sure.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2011, 08:33:09 am »

To make things clear, no summons, or encounters, or races will be added from FFXI or FFXIII. Ivalice summons will be added due to popularity, but I personally think that from X upwards, not to offend fans of the games from X upwards, the series went slightly downwards. Sorry if I offend any fans out there.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2011, 09:24:32 am »

To make things clear, no summons, or encounters, or races will be added from FFXI or FFXIII. Ivalice summons will be added due to popularity, but I personally think that from X upwards, not to offend fans of the games from X upwards, the series went slightly downwards. Sorry if I offend any fans out there.
thats quite alright. i wasnt a fan of the vehicle summon creatures from XIII. and frnkly, the MMO's pretty much keep the classic monsters and the races other than that are no different from DF
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2011, 01:14:52 pm »

I don't mind. Never really played XI or XIII anyway (lacking the consoles/means to play them as well). Regarding XII, it does share the same universe with FFT and Vagrant Story, so it makes plenty of sense to include stuff from it (unsure how elementals, as well as their bigger siblings) would work though). Particularly nasty since they sorta lack a true physical form. At least the ones in X had more of a DNA-strand-style solid structure (to a degree).

Speaking of X(-2), I recall that game had a couple interesting creatures, including the Sin-spawns. My favorite being the one you battle at the mushroom rock place. That thing looked cool, and was a pretty fun battle (similar could be said about it's arena mode equivalent). The giant snail thing would be a bitch to beat down (especially the FFX monster arena variant (Neslug)). Precepts Guard/Spectral Keeper (Zanarkand battle after solving the puzzle/temple) and Georapella/Geosgaeno (The first Spira ruins you come across in FFX) were pretty cool looking and a challenge in FFX (not so much in X-2), and would make for an especially nasty flying monster encounter (Georapella/Geosgaeno for water creature fights). Definitely megabeast territory, as well as the International version's Penance. We also can't forget goold o'l Angra Mainyu from FFX-2. Evrae (FFX) can also make for a rather nasty aerial/watery megabeast to encounter (swims and flies).

While on the topic of megabeasts, what about the WEAPONs from FF7?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:30:43 pm by Itnetlolor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2011, 02:01:04 pm »

Emerald and Ruby Weapon are already up and running. I'm working on Diamond, Sapphire and Ultimate Weapon. Should I include the two weapons from Dirge of Cerebus?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

I'm perfectly capable of disagreeing without taking offense, and I'm sure that's true of most people here.  XI, XII, and XIII are each fun in their own ways.  My favorites tend to come every four games.  I'd love to see some FFIV stuff, though the only summon it has that doesn't show up anywhere else I can think of is Asura.  That and Leviathan are fairly important summons in that game, so they'd be cool to see [if you haven't already added Leviathan]
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 04:36:45 pm »

Just remembered a nifty creature class in FFX-2 that wasn't much bother in the game, but can become a potential nightmare in DF (given the game mechanics involving non-living creatures and how projectiles act; especially in large numbers). The Bandoleer-class monster. Think of them as ammo-chain snakes with guns for heads (or in this case, crossbows with bolts for bodies that slither like snakes).

Then again, I don't know how you would be able to harvest their organs for ammo and heads for weapons.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:40:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 10:35:50 am »

Just remembered a nifty creature class in FFX-2 that wasn't much bother in the game, but can become a potential nightmare in DF (given the game mechanics involving non-living creatures and how projectiles act; especially in large numbers). The Bandoleer-class monster. Think of them as ammo-chain snakes with guns for heads (or in this case, crossbows with bolts for bodies that slither like snakes).

Then again, I don't know how you would be able to harvest their organs for ammo and heads for weapons.
Hm...added. :P
I'm perfectly capable of disagreeing without taking offense, and I'm sure that's true of most people here.  XI, XII, and XIII are each fun in their own ways.  My favorites tend to come every four games.  I'd love to see some FFIV stuff, though the only summon it has that doesn't show up anywhere else I can think of is Asura.  That and Leviathan are fairly important summons in that game, so they'd be cool to see [if you haven't already added Leviathan]
Leviathan is already in the game, and I'm thinking about adding Asura. For the moment, I'm working on boss monsters like the WEAPONs, Archfiends and Antlion. Adamantoise is nearly done, just making sure it's shell doesn't melt.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 11:19:39 am »

Right, so far the update will contain:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 11:38:32 am »

Right, so far the update will contain:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:D squee! looking forward to trading with these folks

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 12:12:12 pm »

Also, antlion remains are worth a heck of a lot, but they are also usable for your army. Considering that, in a peaceful environment, these things will live long enough to see entire generations die, it's your decision whether or not you kill them. Adamantoise is similar and the WEAPONs might be tameable. Let's see the faces of the elves when they fight these things. -widespread elvish screaming as Ruby WEAPON obliterates half their army with a blast-

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 02:54:45 pm »

I never really thought of it until now, but the world of Final Fantasy is legitimately damn terrifying. Mind you, it takes a LOT to even shake my confidence. I'm actually a little scared to try this mod out. Nice work.

Now all we need is someone else to work on the "Obligatory World Airship" megaproject within this mod's properties.

Bonus points if you can replicate any of the ships from any Final Fantasy games. Including the really nifty ones from FFXII. They are colossal and cool looking.

If you're also up to it, try to change up the materials to make them more like how the games have them setup (IE- Gold is actually a useful armor/weapon material, though it's material cost is less because of it (like in games), mythril exists, and so on). Lodestone can also be a material (inspired by Chrono Trigger) as something just a bit more useful/dense than silver which can also have a decent cutting edge.

Magicite (non-esper) and nethicite can also be a material with a low/negative weight value, but can be used as a flux material to make manufactured lodestone (not as good as the native stuff, but still useful). Actually magi/nethicite can make awesome flux material for magic-based/encrusted weaponry (Runic blades?).

I think magicite is lightweight, but nethicite is heavyweight (seeing as it's the negative counterpart, according to FFXII). Kinda like how the islands float in FFXII because of the properties being similar to Upsidaisium (Rocky & Bullwinkle unobtainium). The two materials (if possible to set the properties correctly) can cancel each other's effectiveness out. Magicite-empowered blades (really sharp, but light) are practically useless against nethicite armor (really dense stuff). Nethicite hammers can't hit magicite-encrusted armor (faster warriors due to lighter armor). Something like that. Just by base values alone, they can balance each other. Funny enough, I think both materials can be found amongst each other, which is why other places don't take off towards the sky so easily as magicite-rich places.

Now, if it were possible to make floating islands in world-gen...

EDIT:
Hmm... Apparently there's one more material -cite. Auracite. Really potent stuff able to hold spirits essentially. Kinda like FFVI/Esper magicite.

More -cite-ations:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_Knowledge_1-26#SK_12:_Magicite
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magicite
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Nethicite
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Auracite

EDIT EDIT:
Now that I think of it, I think Runic Blade weapons (like what Celes uses) are more like weapons infused with Nethicite, rather than Magicite. Seeing as Nethicite is essentially the anti-matter of Magicite. One magically gifted can use it like a magnet for magic, rather than turning the combination into a nuke (like what happened to an airship in FFXII).

You can sorta say that magicite and nethicite are like what matter and anti-matter are here. Alone, they're rather benign, combined = much ‼FUN‼ to be had kilometers in diameter.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:33:25 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23