Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 71794 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41:41 am »

Yeah, considering much of the ideas I've been brewing in my head, I don't think you'll be able to take on all of them entirely on your own, or at least, some of the tasks would distract you too much from the main part of the mod. Kinda why I allowed anyone to volunteer working on the Al-Bhed language file at least.

I mean, I'm not much of a modder, but I know how much work there is when working on one (attempted the Carippoparpamus mod). I didn't want to burden you too much as it was.

As for the music, I think you can find any of the music we mentioned, convert them into OGG, rename them to the OGG file to replace (DF/data/sound/song_(game or title).ogg), and there you go. Simpler than it sounds.

As a bit of extra credit, for anyone familiar with Soundsense, and can also rip sound effects, you can always provide a Final Fantasy Soundsense Mod to use alongside it. Of course, this is optional and up for grabs; provided anyone that plays DF with Soundsense.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:50:00 am by Itnetlolor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2011, 01:37:26 pm »

Also, Itnetlolor, something you made might be Easter Egg'd in the mod. Might take away some of the seriousness, but then LFR has them.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2011, 10:19:11 am »

Right, completing the reactions for the Metamorph Workshop. So far, you can convert leather bucklers and armour to metal armour, wood to stone, training weapons to metal, and you might get a legendary weapon or candy out of it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2011, 01:34:51 pm »

Just came to mind. Do we already have Ultros and Chupon as encounters? Ultros can always ink his targets by firing a blindness breath to mimic the effect, apparently, he's amphibious, and is quite buddy-buddy with his pal Chupon. Chupon would have a similar breath attack, except it would cause a serious knockback (like when a hammerer strikes their targets really hard), and nothing else really. Can get really annoying for the uninitiated. And generally, as far as I know, he only really sneezes, and has a mid-range (damage-wise) melee attack.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 02:01:50 pm »

Typhon is already in the game, and Ultros is in the update.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 02:48:24 pm »

Typhon is already in the game, and Ultros is in the update.
yaaaay ulty!  :D
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 07:04:42 pm »

Hmm.. voted a bit fast.. and got the wrong choise..
Well.. There should be some.

Also.. yaay! Ultros! Do Gilgamesh next!

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29:44 pm »

gilgamesh was one of the first implemented, and he's as broken as any 6 armed well trained swordsman would be
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2011, 10:34:23 pm »

I thought Gilgamesh was notoriously incompetent?

Note, the last final fantasy game I've played is six, so maybe he's hardened up since then.

EDIT: Okay apparently so, looking at the wiki. And in hindsight I think the pathetic one in 6 was a fake gilgamesh or something? I dunno, it's been a while.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:36:05 pm by Seriyu »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2011, 08:35:22 am »

Hm, updates. This'll be one of two updates on the making of the next one before it's release:
Added in engravings of the people who have contributed to the mod the most. (Thanks, ShadowBroker and Itnetlolor!)
Added Ultros. He is pathetic against a well trained military, and his remains are worth a hell of a lot.
Added in the WEAPONs and three of the Archfiends. Only Rubicante is still being finished.
Added in the Muramasa and Excalipoor. Muramasa is the sword you can get by 'attempting to forge the Masamune' and it is pretty decent, but not really that good. Excalipoor, as you all know, is pretty worthless, but you can get quite a handful by trading it.

Also, Gilgamesh isn't trained in swordfighting. How the....

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2011, 10:01:45 am »

Hm, updates. This'll be one of two updates on the making of the next one before it's release:
Added in engravings of the people who have contributed to the mod the most. (Thanks, ShadowBroker and Itnetlolor!)
Added Ultros. He is pathetic against a well trained military, and his remains are worth a hell of a lot.
Added in the WEAPONs and three of the Archfiends. Only Rubicante is still being finished.
Added in the Muramasa and Excalipoor. Muramasa is the sword you can get by 'attempting to forge the Masamune' and it is pretty decent, but not really that good. Excalipoor, as you all know, is pretty worthless, but you can get quite a handful by trading it.

Also, Gilgamesh isn't trained in swordfighting. How the....
[/quote
i was just referring to how broken he was, fighting wise. and yes seriyu, he his -famously- incompetent. he's just super powerful because of the nature of the game

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2011, 05:49:12 pm »

Well the wiki said he killed armies and junk, it's just the main characters he can't beat. And as we all know the main characters can't be beat by anything else because time rewinds back to the last save point whenever they're killed. Also that he grew up in a warrior village so presumably he got training there? I dunno.

At any rate I'll stop derailing the thread with speculation. :P

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2011, 08:20:35 pm »

This is gonna be fun to play.

A few other megaproject ideas in mind:
Any of the castles in the FF series- Especially Vector + Magitek Factory, Kefka's Tower, and Figaro Castle (complete with engine and being built in the middle of a desert).
Any major city in the series
Any airship featured (Including Archadean fleet)
Any Floating island featured in any Square game (obsidian-casting maybe)
Alexander as a fortress
The Al-Bhed Home (with underground dry dock in the middle of a desert)
Any of the Temples of Spira (FFX) complete with fully functional Cloisters of Trial.
A replica of Zanarkand, (bonus points if you can make a colossal water arch)
A scale replica of Sin. (He's just a bit smaller than Bevelle)
A Blitzball arena (which can be filled and drained, and also accessible however possible) (Arena Mode version acceptable)
The coastal city of Luca (FFX)
The Giant of Babil (complete with inner workings)
The Tower of Babil
A functional Serpent Trench
Using PerfectWorldDF, recreate any of the world maps
The City of Midgar (with all reactors intact and functioning, with a second city atop an undercity slum suspended on a breakaway plate apiece)
The Kingdom of Baron + Town of Baron, and an airship facility to house the Red Wings
Gold Saucer in it's full glory (with a functional pipeline that works similarly to FF7's oddball geometries for that place) including being made in the middle of a desert and a prison slum at the base of it. Bonus points if Ruby Weapon makes an appearance. Additional bonus points if you can make a suspended transit system to a mining town nearby. Extra extra points if you can plate the entire structure in gold.
The City of Junon (complete with Sister Cannon)

You know what? This is a big list, and these are just some I can come up with on the spot.

Here's the ultimate megaproject challenge: Build a working version of the temple of the Ancients from FFVII. Have ‼fun‼ working on that nightmare.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:57:59 am by Itnetlolor »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2011, 08:46:15 pm »

gilgamesh was one of the first implemented, and he's as broken as any 6 armed well trained swordsman would be

*slaps self in the face for not noticing Gilgamesh already being there.*

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2011, 05:00:49 am »

The Gold Saucer one might be quite easy in terms of Ruby WEAPON's appearance. He's already programmed to appear in deserts, although you might see Scarmiglione and Ifrit there as well.

It'd be funny to see Alexander the summon see ALexander the fortress. :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23